Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
To everyone who plans on naming their future son Edward...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ha ha!
  I'm still naming him Edward/Emmett/Jasper/Carlisle/Jacob!
  Wow... you're right. That's a first for you TiC_tAc... o__0
View Results

featherbee

7,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:48 pm
__Don't you think that's just a wee bit CREEPY?! I mean HELLO? We're in love with Edward! Naming your son Edward would just be incest in the making. Like a modern day Oedipus Rex.
Ew.
So, while Edward is just a drop-dead sexy name (thanks to "Twilight"), I don't think its such a good idea to name your own child after him or any of the other male vampires or werewolves from the "Twilight" saga for that matter.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:07 am
Haha, I would name my son Quil or Embry (i like abnormal names for guys... xD)
And I'm not in love with them. So therefore, it wouldn't really be weird. Same with Jacob. Im not in love with him, it's just a cute name. =3  

Jellycones

Emo Oompa Loompa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:21 am
nah I would still name them jasper and etc! lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:20 pm
I'm still naming mine Edward  

Claire_Hiwatari

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Polyhymnia

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:34 pm
me no likey Edward as a name, weird nicknames come out of that name, but i had already decided back in high school i was naming my daughter Isabella, b/c it is my name in spanish!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:35 pm
maybe not edward...but jasper and alice are on my list. as well as isabella  

twilightcullenlvr

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:08 pm
I used to like the name Jasper for my kid, this was before Twilight though. But then I decided it sounded better as a cat's name lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:10 am
Nope. Still naming my son Edward Daniel *whatever my husbands last name is*  

[OMG] Nucleus

Alice Brandon Cullen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:52 am
i don't see why you couldn't name your son edward or jacob...i mean most people say they are in love with jacob or edward, but they probably aren't since they know they can't marry them. so you could name your son edward because it could be a name your admire. I personally love the name Rosalie for a girl, but I don't think it would be practical for modern times.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:18 am
good point  

Moonlit Scythe

XxDeathNoteAlchemistxX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:47 pm
I'm actualy naming him after Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:53 pm
RaInBoW_TiC_tAC
__Don't you think that's just a wee bit CREEPY?! I mean HELLO? We're in love with Edward! Naming your son Edward would just be incest in the making. Like a modern day Oedipus Rex.
Ew.
So, while Edward is just a drop-dead sexy name (thanks to "Twilight"), I don't think its such a good idea to name your own child after him or any of the other male vampires or werewolves from the "Twilight" saga for that matter.

no its more like if you named someone after your grandma people do it all the time so its not all that sick. im naming mine alice or James (sorry i have a love-hate relationship with villains. i do hate him for trying to hurt Edward though S.OB.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)  

MiseryBledMe

breakingdawn25

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:46 pm
i dont really care if its freaky or not. naming my kid edward anthony! or edward masen. again, it may seem a bit freaky, but im obsessed with him anyways. whats so bad with doing this?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:50 pm
I thought about what my children's names would be. Personally I've always liked the name Edward and I thought about it for a while and decided against it... I'll come up with something different for my son.
I'm going to let my husband name our daughter.. idk why.
My mom was actually going to name me Isabella believe it or not. Now I kinda wish she did xD

Spiritette

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff