Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Precognition?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:13 pm
While I do tend to get "feelings" on various things from time to time, I would never say that I have any real talent for seeing the future. If any of you have experience in precognition, or are knowledgeable on the subject, could you please post some resources, info, exercises that would be useful to others who may be just discovering this talent in themselves.

Thank you!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:03 am
I think it translates different for everyone, and that there are things you really just have to work at. sweatdrop

I have dreams where I get visions, but they don't really mean anything. At least I don't think so. It can be three months to three years after the dream, then I realize I'm sitting in the exact same place with the exact same people, etc. "Oh, De ja vu...." ninja

But the other thing that happens to me, is that if something really disasterous is about to happen to someone I really care about, I get sick to my stomach. My solar plexus chakra feels like there's a lead weight stuck there....it can sometimes make me physically ill. I don't know what made it translate in that way, but it does. That's precog. But with the chakras, also if I meet someone that either means me harm or is a really, really bad person, it will effect my heart chakra in such a way I feel like there's this terrible weight on my chest and I literally cannot breathe.  

Korealia

Distinct Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rhonon Prime

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:11 pm
Yes, I have these reverse deja vu moments as well, where an important act will manifest itself in my dreams, and I become more mentally prepared.

A sort of pseudo Spidey-Sense, very odd.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:03 am
Precognition, "knowing before", or something. Once or twice I've had an extremely strong "bad feeling" about something. On one occasion I couldn't talk my mother into taking a different route when we were driving somewhere and we crashed. Minor crash, no one was hurt, but the car was written off.

I "see things" from time to time but I tend to assume it's daydreaming and don't notice it till it happens... I'd think it was deja vu but actually during it I can predict what will happen next, and sometimes I remember the time that I'd daydreamed it. So it's scrying, but scrying that I don't know I'm doing xd It's always something incredibly domestic and boring. And I'll think "Why was I daydreaming that?"

"You've left your Precognition on again, Mrs. Cake." xd  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:42 am
i've been able to see snippets of the next day while i sleep since.... well, ever. i always thought it was normal. apparently, it's not.
but what's freaking me out, is lately, I've had dreams about my mother having another baby (her boyfriend wants one), about me going to college, and coming back after, and about a lot of things. and they're a different feeling than my regular dreams.
and i've been looking for someone to help me out a bit about them.

oh, and does anyone else wake up with bruises if they got one in their dream?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:39 am
I, too, am familiar with the "bad feelings" and the last time I didn't listen I was in a wreck that totaled the car. I started listening when I got those feelings from that day on. Sometimes I also get a good feeling or intense feeling about someone when I met them and they end up being important to my life somehow. I have also sometimes "seen things" in my dreams. Never on purpose and only once or twice anything significant. Usually its just silly things like that someone is going to ask me a specific question or something when I have the precognition kinda dreams I have somewhat considered trying to do scrying on purpose...But, I don't because I don't think that I really want to know too much. I stick to runes or tarot cards...which are pretty accurate when read for me or when I read.  

hyacinth hunter

AiRune

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:00 pm
I only get info went I block the mental chatter. Then I get usually just know and go with it. I've had occasions where I saw something, smelled something, or heard something. But that's very rare for me because I tend to over-analyze those things until I start believing that it was my imagination.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:38 pm
xXx kitsy xXx
oh, and does anyone else wake up with bruises if they got one in their dream?

Yes. I have, and scratches. It may be from sleepwalking. I think I woke up and there was a leaf in bed once. I don't think I sleepwalk anymore, usually only when I've been under a lot of stress.

As for precognition. I get feelings. Yes. I had a dream once. I was angry about it, because I was going to go to a Ren. faire with a group of friends and it was postponed. (Yeah I still hoped that I was wrong and still went over to meet my group.)

... Everything, to the last detail was what happened. And then I stopped myself. Broke from the dream-ality and told my friend that so-and-so was supposed to have called me, and that he didn't, but we're going tomorrow. He oogled at me and asked how I knew that my friend was supposed to have called but didn't. I explained it. I even told him what my friend was going to say tomorrow too about it.

Absolutely floored. Funny that.

Now as to help with the situation on precog - I don't have much help, just... trust in the berries shall we say.  

Dragonspeech

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:10 am
well i get premonitions very often but i don't kno much about it coz i guess it just happens ya kno? well i get a major migraine when the event or picture actually happens so i don't really kno much about it until i get that headache. most of the time i see an entire event or happening but sometimes like very recently they have been a little weaker and i only see objects or clues to something bad that's going to happen in the distant or near future  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:38 am
Ooo, a topic I am actually very fond of. Um, lets see, my aunt use to recieve dreams on future events that would really happen. Her dreams would be direct(basically playing what will happen as if it was a movie and she was watching it) and occur anywhere from a couple of days to a year before the actual event happened. I occasionally get dreams myself, but mine are symbolic and I have to decipher them to understand. Both my aunt and I began to have these dreams when we each hit maturity(respectfully).

Something we do to help us with our dreams is keep a dream journal. It helps us remember our dreams longer and allows us to go through our 'dream history' to see if there are any patterns amongst them.

I also get feelings from things, people, and places concerning past, present, and future events. These are more often than my dreams. When I first began to get them I would stop and focus on exactly what I was feeling and what the most likely cause of the feeling was. Now that I have been experiencing them for some years, I almost immediatly become aware of what it is and where it is coming from.

Something that has recently begun to happen to me within the last 4years:

Occasionally, while I am sleeping, I begin to get a feeling like someone is watching me. Right as I am at that line between sleep and wakefulness a voice yells in my ear, waking me completely. They usually say only a couple of words, their voice is clear and sounds very real(like they are right there next to me), and before I wake and right as I hear the voice I usually get a quick flash of either facial features or a body's outline.

The first time this happened I was very scared and would not sleep in my room for a week after. I had been almost dead asleep when I got the 'being watch' feeling and started to wake up. Suddenly I heard a female voice yell into my ear "Wake up!" and got a flash of an older woman: mid-30's, about shoulder length curly brown hair, blue eyes, a little sickly looking. I slept in the living room the rest of the night and was woken by my phone in the morning. It was my best friend calling to tell me her grandfather(he was like a grandfather to me as well) had passed away in the night.

Needless to say, I was pretty freaked out. It has happened 5 more times since than. Each time someone calls or approaches me in the morning and tells me something that has happened sometime that night: my brother got arrested, a friend's house was robbed while they were gone, my best friend had a miscarriage, a friend was involved in an accident(only minor injuries), and the place I worked at at the time was robbed.

StarGoddessSiren

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:53 am
I've had dreams that came true months later, but they weren't anything special. Just being in the scenario and being hit with that deja vu feeling, then remembering the dream and realizing it's not quite deja vu.
I get butterflies randomly and wonder if something bad is happening, but nothing bad has happened yet.

And yes, I've woken up with bruises and scratches before also from my dreams. Actually discovered that it was my bed doing it to me, I'm just a restless sleeper. Got a new mattress and haven't had any problems since. So maybe it's not my dreams that are doing it, but reality that's playing into my dreams.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:11 pm
i don't ever have visions or see things in my dreams (well, other than dreams), but i do talk about something random and then it'll happen within a few weeks. it happens sort of like 'hey, wouldn't it be cool if so-and-so happened' and then it'll happen, or i'll say something like 'somebody outta make this' and then it'll be out on the market in a few months. sometimes i think that They may be following me for my brilliant ideas ninja LOL!  

whiporwill-o

Fieoras

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:48 am
All I dream about is death. How I die, how others die, and they always came true so far. I've seen 4 friends die, 3 family members, and 1 person I was a aquintance to. It sucks and I'm trying to find an off switch, it just went too far when I seen my cousins baby girl die in the hospital 10 days after she was born in the hospital, and I dreamt of her death the day she was born sad

So if anybody has any suggestions on how I can sleep without dreaming or getting rid of visions, please let me know

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:36 pm
I've had dreams come true, but not like tons of them. Just a small handful. Nothing you can really do about them either.  

Neamhain Riona

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games