Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Honey Hunt Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:44 pm
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:45 pm
Story

Life's not easy when you're living in the shadow of your famous parents. Can shy Yura, the daughter of an award-winning composer and a world-renowned actress, find the courage to step out on her own now that her super-celebrity parents are getting divorced?

kel aka gandy
Captain

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:51 pm
Creator

Miki Aihara Gemini born on June 10 in Shizuoka Prefecture. Her blood type is A. She made her debut in 1991 with Lip Conscious!, published in Bessatsu Shojo Comic. Her hobbies are watching various kinds of movies and shopping for clothes. Currently she is a major contributor to Betsucomi. Her published comics include Hot Gimmick, Sensei no Okiniiri (Teacher's Pet), Seiten Taisei (The Clear, Wide Blue Sky), So Bad!, Tokyo Boys & Girls (also available from VIZ Media) and Sora ni Taiyou ga Aru Kagiri (As Long as There Is a Sun in the Sky), among others.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Volumes
Status in Japan :: On indefinite hiatus at 6 volumes
Status in US :: 6/6 released

User Image
Volume 1
The media is abuzz when word gets out that Yura's mega-famous parents are splitting up. Already accustomed to the daily pressure of being the child of celebrities, Yura's frustration explodes in a rant against her parents—and her heated words end up being broadcasted live on national TV! When a powerful talent scout hears her impassioned declaration, he offers to represent her. The door to showbiz is now flung open for this timid wallflower—will she try to become an actress in her own right?

User Image
Volume 2
It's only the first day of Yura's acting career and things are already getting out of hand. Someone has ruined her costume and there isn't enough time to find a replacement. With the director ready to roll on a promotional photo shoot without her, Yura better think fast if she wants to keep her job from going down the tubes. Can she find a solution to her wardrobe malfunction in time to get in front of the camera?

User Image
Volume 3
Still frazzled from an earlier script reading session where she just couldn't seem to get things right, Yura drops one her contact lenses before the next session begins--but could this be a blessing in disguise? If everyone around her is blurry and hard to see, will Yura now be able to focus on her lines and keep her nervousness in check? She'd better try something because one of her co-stars, a veteran actress with high expectations, has been far from impressed with Yura's performance.

User Image
Volume 4
Find the courage to become a star! As Yura continues her foray into the glamorous world of acting, she's starting to learn that success is often marred with setbacks and compromises. Although she fails to land the lead role in a new drama penned by famous screenwriter Maki Todo, she does succeed in getting offered the part of the heroine's friend. However, her boss Keiichi cautions Yura that her increasing popularity will result in greater scrutiny of her private life by the paparazzi. Can Yura continue growing as an actress while keeping her budding relationships with Q-ta and Haruka in check?

User Image
Volume 5
As Yura's friends gather to celebrate the premiere of the first episode of her TV show, she's nowhere to be seen. Having taken up Q-ta's offer of a hot springs vacation, Yura finds herself alone with him in a luxurious hotel room. Is she prepared to go all the way with Q-ta, or will her manager Mizorogi spoil the fun once again...?

User Image
Volume 6
With Yura and Q-ta's relationship now revealed to the public, Mizorogi will need to decide whether or not to interfere. What will Haruka do when he hs the chace to tell Yura his true feelings? And when Q-ta visits Yura at her house, the two of them end up in the bedroom all alone...

kel aka gandy
Captain

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:45 pm
Was anyone else surprised that they left the butt/sex scene in in the first chapter in the magazine? Not that I particularly minded, but Viz has a tendency to edit things like that. I mean, they took NANA out because it was going to get too adult (aka Hachi got knocked up).

On another note, I really like this series so far. I didn't like Hot Gimmick very much at all (in fact I sold the only volume I had of it), so I was afraid that I wouldn't like Honey Hunt at all. But I find Yura to be an interesting heroine and thoroughly enjoyed the first chapter. :]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:07 pm
hmm I think that i might read this, it looks good, especially in the magazine preview, but yeah, Viz does do that/  

Pandaccino

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:35 am
Princess Mahii
hmm I think that i might read this, it looks good, especially in the magazine preview, but yeah, Viz does do that/

It wasn't just a preview, it's serialized now. biggrin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:56 am
yay for serialized!!!! heart  

Pandaccino

WiccanRose17

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:55 pm
so it has been released here in the us?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:11 am
WiccanRose17
so it has been released here in the us?

The first chapter is in the September issue of the magazine (and it's serialized, so we'll get a chapter a month now), but the first volume doesn't come out until next March. :]

kel aka gandy
Captain

Pandaccino

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:08 pm
waiting is so hard  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:04 am
i kind of liked hot gimmick and i really liked honey hunt. I can't wait for the next issue!  

My Life Light

Mizuko_Arashimoto

Elysian Sex Symbol

15,925 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:58 pm
I didn't think I'd like it before I read it, but I did. sweatdrop And Yura's mom is a total b***h!! "I can't help it that Shin likes me more than you." -_-; I would've totally exposed them, if that were me... >_>  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:07 pm
Mizuko_Arashimoto
I didn't think I'd like it before I read it, but I did. sweatdrop And Yura's mom is a total b***h!! "I can't help it that Shin likes me more than you." -_-; I would've totally exposed them, if that were me... >_>

That's exactly how I felt. I went into it thinking "I'm not going to like this..." but then I was reading it and I was like "...hey...this is actually really interesting!"

kel aka gandy
Captain

Princess Rune

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:19 am
Well, unlike the thread creator.. I loved Hot Gimmick <3
So when I heard about Honey Hunt I started reading it online. O: It was up to chapter 9ish I think when the scant group dropped it. I hurray'd them for actually dropping it when they found out about Viz getting it =w=;
I love Yura a lot.. She reminds me of Sumino-chan from Koko ni Iru Yo <3
I love the shy type girls who end up not being shy in actuality. xD;  
.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games