Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Somking Haram - Why?? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:09 am
Salam aleikum
Brothers and sisters I would like to share this article with you.Ive seen a lot of discussions on this subject .But this is just a reminder,on how much smoking can affect somebody's health and why it is haram ...

The declaration that "There is no God Worthy of being worshipped except Allah & that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah", demands that the Muslim accepts the Decrees set by Allah and by His Messenger-Muhammad (p.b.u.h.)

Islam is a Revelation from Allah with a complete code of life. It tells what is good and what is evil: Allah says in the Holy Quran: And We have shown him (man) the two ways (good and evil). (Quran 90/10)

He allows them all that is good and lawful, and prohibits them as unlawful all that is evil (things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods, drinks, etc.). (Quran 7/157)

So, is smoking (cigarettes, pipes, etc.) evil or not? Let us examine its effects:

* Smoking is a killer: causes lung-cancer, lung-tuberculosis and heart diseases.
Allah says: And do not kill yourselves. (Quran 4/29)
He also says: And do not throw yourselves into destruction. (Quran 2/195)

These verses are sufficient to make smoking Haram.
* Smoking is a wasting of wealth. Allah says: ...But spend not wastefully (your wealth) in the manner of a spendthrift, Verily, spendthrifts are brothers of the devils, and the Devil (Satan) is ever ungrateful to his Lord. (Quran 17/26-27)

* The smoker is unjust to himself as well as his family by burning away his money and his chest!

* The smoker not only causes harm to himself, he/she also inflicts harms upon others around him/her.

The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) said: "There should be neither harming nor reciprocating harm." (Saheeh Al-Jami 7517)

* The smokers cause the spread of evil; they smoke openly and thus encourage others to do the same.

* The smokers dislike fasting and praying because they become impatient. They want to go for the next "round". The smoker becomes like an edict.

* The smoker smells bad! His car, home, clothes etc. carry the bad smell

too.

From the above, it is clear that smoking is evil and thus it is Haram (unlawful).
If you are under any kind of stress, then turn to Allah, read the Holy Quran, and be with non-smokers. Seek Allah's help and don’t be enslaved to something that burns you and your money

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:56 am
exactly! ciggs are very much the downfall of people these days, with the price of them going up each time taxes are raised and also the amount of teen pressure/ smoking as well. The deaths caused by cancer of the lungs is aweful, my grandfather has this disease and yet he reuses to stop smoking, as well as my uncle even 'tho they both have asthma and the doctors have told them to quit.

Listen to the girl, she's right about this. Spend you efforts for something more positive! crying  

Aaleayha_Wahida

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:33 pm

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
yet hookah is very popular in Muslim countries.

mmmm....hookah is a yummy stress reliever.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:26 pm
Ratri_Cat

Coincidently, because of the way they work you get more tobacco from a hookah than cigarettes. It's worse. confused  

Maha the Wizard

Zaakii

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:48 am
Maha the Wizard
Ratri_Cat

Coincidently, because of the way they work you get more tobacco from a hookah than cigarettes. It's worse. confused

That's the answer of a big discussion lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:05 am
Zaaki
Maha the Wizard
Ratri_Cat

That's the answer of a big discussion lol

don't know what hookah is, but haha! even more jeez, but isn't it the smoke in ciggs that actually does the most damage?  

Aaleayha_Wahida

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:12 pm
Maha the Wizard
Ratri_Cat

hookah doesn't have all the nasty a** crap that companies nowdays shove into cigs.

cigs are pretty much tar and paper with a nicotine high that you can get.

and it's not as habit forming as the s**t in cigs.....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:40 pm
yeah smoking is bad in general even if you smell it from someone. ><

my uncle used to smoke a lot. now he's terribly sick and he hardly speaks. also he can never hear what we say and he almost lose his memory .sometimes i didn't like to get close to him because he gets mad and that.
it's been almost a year since he forgot about smoking.  

Zaxuu

The Dead Terrorist Achmed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:11 pm
Smoking is a status symbol in the Middle East, regardless of it being haram or not.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:44 pm
Smoking is a status symbol in the Middle East, regardless of it being haram or not.

is it? surprised  

_rainarai_

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:30 am
_rainarai_

is it? surprised
Yes, especially with cigarettes...Malboro or something like that.

I've never figured out the reason.I've seen it in Egypt.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:40 pm
_rainarai_

is it? surprised

I can vouch that it is terribly popular in Iraq. I think it may be a regional thing though.  

Maha the Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:36 pm
Maha the Wizard
_rainarai_

is it? surprised

I can vouch that it is terribly popular in Iraq. I think it may be a regional thing though.
so much for Muslim laws if you can't even get people to obey them by region, let alone worldwide.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:17 am
Technically, going by your logic, smoking should be a sin in Christianity too. The greatest sin we can commit is suicide, and smoking is basically just a slow form of that. I'd never thought about it as a sin before.  

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:55 am
BeXlieXve
Technically, going by your logic, smoking should be a sin in Christianity too. The greatest sin we can commit is suicide, and smoking is basically just a slow form of that. I'd never thought about it as a sin before.

i really like your post!!

in terms of its really easy to get what i guess i wanted to say!!

its a kind of suicide!!  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces