Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Host
  Love it!
  Its okay...heh...
  Uh...I haven't read it yet...
  Its..not as great as the frist series!
  Not Sure...I'll get back to you on that.
View Results

IntotheDestiny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:33 am
I just want to hear your opinions. I think shes going to continue this series but so far *I only read one chapter ha ha* it's really good and she has to do Midnight Sun. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:52 pm
I enjoyed it. It didn't quite have my heart racing the same way, but I still really loved it.  

Koneko Tsukino

Sparkly Hoarder

Jellycones

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:16 pm
I'm like in chapter 10 or 11...It's really good so far.
But it's not as captivating as the Twilight Series.
Like.. I couldn't put those books down for more than a minute..haha.
And the Host, when I'm reading it..it's really good, but if I have to put it down..I won't pick it back up for another week or so xD
Eh. :/  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:26 pm
i like the host a lot, but it definitely didn't have the same attraction that twilight/new moon/eclipse have on me  

smileysimqueen

Sparkly Gawker

6,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:06 pm
I was incredibly disappointed. It's been a while since I read it so I can't really remember much of it. It only came out 2 months ago so that shows how memorable it was rofl But I've made a thread about it in another guild so I'll just say the same things. These are just some points I made about it a couple of days after I finished The Host

1) Why is it an adult book? I think I would put it down there with Twilight in the YA section. I think the Twilight series is even more 'adult' than The Host actually....

2) Did anyone else notice the Twilight similarities?
-17 year old girl falls madly and obsessively in love with older guy who won't have sex with her.
-Two guys fighting over one girl..although I guess it's a bit different since it's technically two different people in one body..
-Fords Deep Waters=Carlisle Cullen=compassionate, anti-violent doctor
-I know these aren't the exact quotes, but I dont' really go memorizing them..but okay. In the Host (from Wanda to Ian): "I've lived 9 lives and it's you I fell in love with, a human"
In Twilight (from Edward to Bella): Um..this one I really can't remember..but something about living for 100+ years and finally falling in love and it's with *drumroll* a HUMAN!"

3)400 pages out of the 618 were all of the same thing and nothing interesting happens. There's the beginning where there's excitement and mystery; running from the seeker, trying to figure out what the "lines" were, arriving at the human camp. That was good.
Then, this is the entire middle section summarized: everyone hates her, the group goes on the raid, group that stays behind start to like her, raid group comes back, everyone hates her again, Wanda goes about doing her normal chores, everyone except Kyle grow to like her. It started to get really boring after a while.
Then in the last 150 pages something FINALLY happens and the Seeker, who should have come back like 200 pages ago, makes her little short lived appearance. Yay.

4) The ending. So. Predictable. OMG. I was really hoping for some kind of twist. Putting Wanda's soul in another host? That was the most obvious solution in the world. Like wtf Stephenie...

5) The characters were all so boring. Only one of them actually had some real personality and you could actually care about, and that's Jeb. He was the only interesting one out of the bunch.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:24 am
I loved it
she is such a great author!

Emo Oompa Loompa

Rejected_Artist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:33 am
I liked it too :3  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:27 pm
I thought it was a really good book, but I didn't like it as much as the Twilight series.  

Lucy the Imaginary Ninja

Emo Oompa Loompa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:17 pm
Imaginary Ninja
I thought it was a really good book, but I didn't like it as much as the Twilight series.

Same  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:43 pm
I have to admit, it didn't quite capture my attention as much as the Twilight series. But, I did find it very interesting. Like in the beginning when she's describing some of the host planets and the creatures that live on them. I could really picture them because of the way she gave a detailed yet simple description. But in the end, I did find it to be a very good book, despite the long boring sections.

Wow KiraLight, I never really realized how many similarites there were between the Twilight series and The Host. Now every time I read the book, I'm going to be looking for those similarites, lol. :]

Requiem Memories

Friendly Poster

5,275 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100

IntotheDestiny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:40 pm
I love the book but I have to put it down sometimes because I just do. She's currently writing Midnight Sun right now and I don't know what else is going to happen in the near future but I hope its going to be more great novels from her! Shes now my favorite author. I used to like Beverly Cleary. Ha Ha.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:47 pm
i liked it a lot, i do like the twilight series more, but i wasn't able to put it down easily either  

skipilicious913

Hardcore Patty-Cake

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:26 pm
I think its good.
I haven't even finished it yet though, and I agree twilight was a never put down read. But twilight is better than all books in my opinion so im biased.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:55 pm
ya. its a great book.

oh, and KiraLight?

Twilight was an adult book too. but when
all of the young adults first started reading it,
they found out it appealed more to the young
adult auduience. so they changed it. The Host
will probably be a YA book in the future too.

dont ask me why they didnt just rank it as a
YA book in the first place, knowing that it
would appeal to about the same audience,
because i have no idea why.

Dine with the Damned

Lindini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:34 pm
i LOVED it. it was kind of dry and hard to get into in the beginning, but once it got going... brilliant!  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff