Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
Naruto Dub Opinions ~what do YOU think?~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the Naruto Dub?
  Meh... it's ok. Could have been done better.
  Dude, i LOVE it!!
  Arg, i HATE IT!!
  Haven't seen it, might see it later.
  Haven't seen it, and i WON'T!
  I could have done better!!
  ..Naruto was Dubbed?
View Results

Camui
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:38 pm
So, with the debute dates of the Naruto Dub in both the US and Canada come and gone, everyone has FINALLY seen the work that ShoPro has been hiding from us for so long since their announcement of licensing the first batch of Naruto Episodes (1-52).

So, are you satisfied? Happy? Sad? Disappointed? Angry? Why?

This thread will be focused solely on people's opinions of the dub, the VAs, the quality, and the possible licensing of the next eps, and so on and so forth. ^^ (and to cut down on the possiblity of repeate threads... come on, you know it's gonna happen. XD )

Please refrain from over excessive or offensive language and swearing... Thank you. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:26 pm
Hate it as do most of my friends, most of them even stopped watching them cause of this apsurd dubbed Naruto they actually prenounce Naruto as Na-ru-to U-zu-ma-ki shoulda left it jap based as like Uzumaki Naruto instead of Naruto Uzumaki also the ending and the beginning are gay. -.- This disappoints me, as the other anime they just had to make this beginning and ending redone and hated by me. crying  

DarcRage

Honh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:28 pm
I must somewhat agree. Some of the voice actors don't really fit the part. But Naruto's voice, seems a little childish, though I know he's only twelve and all. Iruka's voice, well, I thought that fitted him okay, but the problem is the pronouciation, actually, all of them have that problem, but what can you do ne? This is the english version of the Naruto.

What bothered me though was the blood. Especially when Mikuzi threw the suriken, Iruka was supposed to cough up more blood. Also with the nosebleeds with the Hokage and Ebisu, which though, the voice actors pretty much nipped it in the bud; meaning they sound okay as well.

Other than that, well, guess we'll just have to see right, heh..  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:43 pm
So horrible it's embarassing...  

one o dem anons

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

jingko

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:55 pm
I think that Naruto's voice could be better, sakara..........blah! sasuke...a bit deeper then what i thought, and they took out all the blood. didn't like. but they keeped the saxy no jestu, so can't compline. but the way that things are pronuced, grrrrrrrrrrrrr. na ru-as in a ro in root. to as in toe. get it right!!!!!! but having taken japanese and also knowing how to pronocued........grrrrrrrrrr, kakashi don't sound to bad.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:01 pm
Eh, my main gripe, as stated previously, was the pronunciations. They say words like "Naruto" and "Sakura" way too nasally oriented(like NAH-roo-toe, and SAH-kruh) like they are English and not Japanese.

The voice actors/actresses seem...fine, so far. They're trying somewhat at least >_>

Another huge thing I hated is the fact that they didn't keep the true jutsu names, like Bunshin, or Henge(Doppleganger and Transformation jutsus). I'm waiting til the Rasengan or Chidori. THAT is gonna be butchered into English, as the previous jutsus have been.  

Windblade

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:28 am
It was what I was thinking... They destroyed the show...! scream The voices doesn't fit the characters at all and what's with the pronunciations?
The show was so disappointed that it was horrible... Very poor...

blighton rolled 1 100-sided dice: 80 Total: 80 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:12 am
I want to cry because it's so horrible. they even cut out all the funny stuff . *Grabs kunai and Throws Kunai at cartoonnetwork* Rolls for damage  

blighton

Devils_white_wings

6,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:53 am
I think the voices kinda suck, but I'll learn to like them.
However, what really pissed me off was the mispronoucing, the lack of blood and they edited out the Naruto/Sasuke accidentle kiss, but left the noise in?! It was meant to be an accident, but becasue you could only hear the sound, it sounded weird gonk I wish there was something we could do to fix it!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:38 pm
GWAK! domokun i hated it with a passion what the hell?! they cut out the Naruto/Sauskue kiss, and the blood, Jutsu names and the open and ending ?! it's ridiculos! MHRR.. it makes me really sad... crying all these stupid kids are going to be running around screaming "TRANSFORM" instead of hinge with their hitiate bands and whats even worse is hot topic is buying merchandise! this is like yuh gi oh all over again only naruto was better.. sweatdrop  

StrangeFolk

Glow Stick Mosh Pit

5,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:05 pm
I really hate the dubbing in it. I watched it and I was like crying But when they didn't play the SONGS... MAN WAS I MAD!!! I loev the songs.. *sniffle* But the English voices COULD be better.... ((the Japanese voices kicked some major a** compared to the English))  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:38 pm
Windblade
Eh, my main gripe, as stated previously, was the pronunciations. They say words like "Naruto" and "Sakura" way too nasally oriented(like NAH-roo-toe, and SAH-kruh) like they are English and not Japanese.

The voice actors/actresses seem...fine, so far. They're trying somewhat at least >_>

Another huge thing I hated is the fact that they didn't keep the true jutsu names, like Bunshin, or Henge(Doppleganger and Transformation jutsus). I'm waiting til the Rasengan or Chidori. THAT is gonna be butchered into English, as the previous jutsus have been.

yup yup. NAruto SAkura SASuke hoKAge IRUka MIZUki. its not even english worded kind of. its like english people TRYING to speak japanese. it would have been a little better if they made it english like naRUto saKUra. i dont know if you will understand it but that is what i mean. its all too funny to me. hidden village in the leaves. genEEN that was hilarious. naruto's voice is weird. sasuke's voice fits him: snobby and deep. i like konohamaru's voice and shikamaru's voice. hmm the blood cuts are ok to me. its very decent to me. i like it still. its funny. sometimes i laugh with it sometimes i laugh at it. i have so many things to talk about it but i will stop for now.  

junkie95

A Sneaky Fox Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:24 am
I hate it. The voices were bad and they pronounce the names wrong. I say they should have left it japenesee(bad spelling) and put subtitles in it. Then there would not be any bad dubbing or bad pronouncing of the names.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:48 am
It's growing on me.....  

[Solid]

Naruto Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out