Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Talking To Trees Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can you talk to trees ?
  Yep ;3
  Nope...
  They can't talk >:(
View Results

Faerth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:33 am
Does anyone else here know how to talk to trees, or even believe that they can talk ?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:14 pm
I think that truly being able to talk to trees is a rare ability. I do think they can talk, but many of us just don't take the time to listen to what they are saying. I would say that you could try a form of meditation to try to communicate better with them. Sit (as comfortable as you can be) either with you back up against the tree or with your hands somehow in contact with the tree. Clear your mind of all other thoughts and just concentrate on the tree. In theory if you practice this on a regular basis you might be able to get thoughts or images from the tree. I've never tried it and I am really just sort of pulling this out thin air - but if anything would work, this isn't that far out of the realm of possibility.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

hyacinth hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:53 am
I've done it. But, not since I was a child. And, even then, only really with this one tree outside my parent's house. Now when I really, really try...It's more empathy and emotion if anything than images or words. I don't know it it helps...I think it may have been something about that particular tree or else because I was a child and more receptive...or both.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:00 pm
You know, I think the whole idea of Ents (living trees) is fairly close to the "real thing"...while I'm not sure that I can talk to trees, they sure are wonderful listeners (especially when I'm feeling emo...I can go chat and hug with a tree and feel a LOT better). I seem to have more of a connection towards thick, strong trees - the older the better. Call me crazy, but maybe they have advice to give...  

Quiet Dojo

Tari_Leralonde

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:02 pm
I've talked to trees before. But I do it in a different way. People think that talking to trees means actually hearing the words, but for me it's so much different. When I talk to the trees, I clear my mind of every thought and just ask what's in my heart, and even though I can't hear them talk, i get impressions from them. I spend my time in complete silence with the tree, feeling her words rather than hearing them. Like hyacinth hunter, I was able to do it much better when I was small, before my logical mind started growing. When I was a child I spent hours talking to the trees and the spirits who dwelled inside of them. But when the logical, left-handed part of my brain started to control my life, and I was swept up in the difficulties of school and social life, and I started being weighed down with the responsibility of growing up, my ability to talk to trees went down, because I was too preoccupied to take the time to sit in silence and listen to the trees. When I started Wicca, I started learning silence again, and even though it took a while, I'm able to talk to the trees fairly well now.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:23 pm
i believe dryads, hamadyrads, and devas do exist, but i havent been able to communicate with them, i just feel like a quiet watchful aura from the tree or plant.  

lunasif

Chatty Shapeshifter

4,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gaian 50

Columbae

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:41 am
I am down with the talking tree. I do think it's possible for them to communicate in their own way, though I myself have yet to hear them. I can't even quiet my thoughts long enough to meditate properly, let alone listen to a tree. The little voice in the back of my head always busts out Putting On The Ritz or something.

That being said, does anyone feel that certain trees may be more vocal or emotive than others? Or perhaps that some people are more naturally in tune with some types than others? I seem to have the best luck with pine, aspen and willow, for example, and these are the woods I feel closest to and work with most often.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:10 am
The thing is I also can talk to trees (I was just curios (SP?) as to how many others can...) and one of my best friends asked me what I was doing. I simply replied "I'm 'Listening'" (< my word for when I'm in 'tree talkin' mode'). Then she says that trees cannot communicate, because they don't have brains! It really ticked me off when she said that so I yelled at her and stormed off into art class (I was at school then)... sweatdrop  

Faerth

Verbeley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:27 pm
I have my similar impression to Tari_Leralonde. When I communicate with tree for the first time I did it "just like that". I felt I had to hug one, particular tree. I closed my eyes and put my forehead touching the bark. I felt strange, calming feeling, it was all like exchanging emotions rather than normal talk. I felt bit like being part of that tree. And when I'm trying to do that again I'm going the at one tree, cause I always like it and it's like a friend to me, I don't think if I dare to talk to some strange unknown tree.

Peace
Mea  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:08 pm
I personally believe that trees possess spirits/souls. I just can't see them as completely inanimate.  

Laura Lobotomy

Quiet Dojo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:16 pm
Trees are just an extension of the Goddess, at least that's what I believe - they have emotions just like a regular person, and they *definitely* object to the cutting down of their kinsman...I mean, how would *you* like being chopped into pieces by chainsaws and axes?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:52 pm
I believe in talking to trees.

Hell, I talk to everything. stones,shells,bones,dried leaves, etc. sweatdrop

Trees seem quite receptive.  

LRGG1

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:31 pm
Yeah. Trees are a lot easier than the elements, and easier than rocks and stones. It's the whole "living" thing wink at least that's my take on it.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games