Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Is it bad

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mrs Joe Trohman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:22 am
If I don't say prayers every day? Is that frowned upon?

Because sometimes I just don't remember, or I don't have time, and sometimes I just don't give a blowfish. xP

Is that bad, I'm wondering?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:20 pm
It's not bad. You won't be smote for not praying every day blaugh  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:44 pm
I'd hazard to say the majority of Neopagans don't pray everyday and that most probably don't do any sort of deliberate daily devotional everyday. Whether or not it is bad depends on what you feel its purpose is in your practice.

If for example you want to meditate daily to get better at meditation, skipping several days isn't going to help you reach your goal.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:02 pm
I agree with what Starlock said. If you also want to make prayer a part of your daily life, don't beat yourself up for missing a few days here and there. The gods won't mind. Ask them to remind you. They will, I promise.

And besides, no one really knows if you pray once a day, sixty times a day or never--besides you and the gods. 3nodding

heart  

WelkingPath

Mrs Joe Trohman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:54 pm
^.^

Thank you guys. You've helped me a lot.

So happy I have everyone to help me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:36 pm
theres nothing wrong with not praying everyday.  

Azriel Silverwings

Conan The Barbie Doll

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:46 pm
Paganism/Wicca is all about personal freedom. If you don't feel it is necessary to pray every day, then you don't have to.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:25 pm
As everyone else has said, it really depends on how you personaly view things. I think just the fact that you showed concern about prayer or lack of, and thought of it, is a simple but appreciated gesture to the gods. Show's you are at least thinking of them and their role in your life.  

HedgeWitch of Desmond

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff