Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply Cold Storage --> Threads That Violated Rules/Became Obsolete
What New Topics Do YOU Want?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do YOU want?
How To's
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Cosplay
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Shows (ie anime, j-dramas, etc)
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Japanese Culture/Trends
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Fashion&Beauty (tips, hints, whatever)
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:25 am
So, let's try this again. What kinds of things do you want in the guild? Keep in mind the main focus of the guild IS Shojo Beat (and other Viz Shojo). So for example, if you see something in the Shojo Beat magazine or in a Shojo Beat manga volume, we could probably do something with that. :]

This is the place to post what you want. Keep in mind the poll is just something to start you thinking, you can suggest basically anything, though I can't guarantee you'll get it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:32 am
I think that there should be a sub-forum for older/locked threads so that nothing gets deleted again like in the purge a while back. I personally didn't mind the purge (was even a part of it), but I know many other users did, so a place for older/locked threads seems like the perfect solution on both ends from now on, but adding sub-forums is one of the few things I can't do as a mod.

On another note, I think something about cosplay would be awesome too...I signed up for a Japanese cosplay site that recently added an English page that has sooooo many amazing cosplays that I could share (Shojo Beat related of course). I'm sure I would also like help if I ever decided to cosplay. I've wanted to for a while, but the farthest I got was a crappy Sailor Pluto getup for Halloween last year. ^^

kel aka gandy
Captain

Zoix
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:59 am
I completely agree Kel. We need some newer thread to revitilise Shojo Beat!
I would love to see a Cosplay forum/thread, even though I don't plan to cosplay myself, I do love seeing others cosplay.
Japanese trends would also be great, but like any guild we must keep on top of them XD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:57 pm
Since right now, there are 3 votes for "how to's," I wondered if anyone who voted for that could suggest some how to's they'd like to see.

kel aka gandy
Captain

Zoix
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:21 pm
Hmm, maybe the general making stuff, like in shojo beat. Like little purses to accessorised hair pieces?
Or maybe also Japanese recipes? Just some thought for you Kel.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:48 pm

.: ♪ :: • ° { ~ › ♪(‹•
星に願いを恋こそ今すべて•›)‹ ~ } ° • :: ♪ :.

I would love to add a Cosplay thread. A major reason why I haven't been around is I have been working on Cosplay. I do it as a hobby and many of my friends are elitess cosplayers.

.: ♪ :: • ° { ~ › ♪
(‹•The Very hope of love, is now entirely to the stars•›‹ ~ } ° • :: ♪ :.

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

My Life Light

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:22 pm
I kind of want to see everything on the poll.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:51 am
I liked the japanese culture/trends, and fashion and beauty advice.
I always love when shojo beat gives fashion advice since its so different from stuff in other teen magazines (always telling me I need bronzer, pshhhh).  

I Am Hello Kitty -tu_ut-

o0-kota-0o

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:00 pm
i simply voted for which one id like to see more, but honestly, i like all of those topics. I would be happy to see anyone of them  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:22 pm
Hmm? Mabe a place to post pics....i duont know.  

ScorpioMooon

Jaabba-Ting

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:31 pm
Hmmm maybe fashion/beauty tips ^^  
Cold Storage --> Threads That Violated Rules/Became Obsolete

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out