Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Xbox and Playstation Gaming
Story Time

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:24 pm
So I recently got a new tv and it has those different colored composite cables so high(er) definition would work. Although, even though I had them plugged in, my xbox still looked like it was in standard definition (cause it was) till my friend came over and told me I had to flip a switch in the back (...). So now I was open to the world of high definition (or 480p).

But then, one stormy night (yesterday) I was browsing the settings of the xbox 360 and saw display. "Hmm I wonder if my tv has 720p" I thought to myself as I clicked it. "INCOMPATIBLE CONNECTION" read on the screen, so I switched back to standard definition and then changed the settings back to 420p. But still, I get "INCOMPATIBLE CONNECTION" no matter what the display settings are =(

I hate my life.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:19 pm
Because high definition actually makes that much of a difference.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:24 pm
Din't blu ray kill HD? I don't know, but that must suck. Maybe you can call Xbox and see if they know how to fix it, but I'm just grasping at straws here.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:00 pm
Deathguiser
Din't blu ray kill HD? I don't know, but that must suck. Matter you can call Xbox and see if they know how to fix it, but I'm just grasping at straws here.
Blu-ray killed HDDVD. HD is what prompted both to be created.  

darkslasherX
Crew

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:03 pm
darkslasherX
Deathguiser
Din't blu ray kill HD? I don't know, but that must suck. Matter you can call Xbox and see if they know how to fix it, but I'm just grasping at straws here.
Blu-ray killed HDDVD. HD is what prompted both to be created.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:08 pm
I downloaded an emulator and it broke'd.  

Raike99

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:53 pm
I was pretty close.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:06 pm
nitnit
Because high definition actually makes that much of a difference.

YES IT DOES  

Pay Per Cuts

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:34 pm
I think I can relate this to a story of my own.

So one day, I figured that I needed glasses (to complete my overall Asian stereotyping) and went out and got two pairs: one regular pair, the second tinted.

And one day, I actively switched between the pairs to experiment which worked best outdoors, only to have the regular pair destroyed. This lead to my tinted pair to be used both indoors and outdoors else I have impaired vision.

In short, I can not afford to have a HD television and must emphasize the importance of high definition with something I do have.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:31 am
One time I was rubbing my eye and my glasses' hinge snapped off.

But I have contacts too.  

Pay Per Cuts

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:34 am
and another time my friend had a butter knife made of (fake) crystal, for a project thing, and I dropped it pretending to be the spy in Team Fortress.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:09 pm
AND ONE TIME MY PORTAL GUN GLOWED GREEN AND IT SHOT A THIRD KIND OF PORTAL WHICH OPENED UP ALL SORTS OF RIDICULOUS POSSIBILITIES.  

nitnit
Captain

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:23 pm
Your glowing green gun that shoots portals of ridiculous possibilities is a lie.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:31 pm
Pay Per Cuts
Your glowing green gun that shoots portals of ridiculous possibilities is a lie.

It can't be because the portal green glow would be the only reason he would lie because of the crazy s**t causing him to lie, so if he's lying that means that the green glow must have happened, but he would have to be lying about it happening, so if he says it didn't happen that means it did because the green glow caused him to lie and say it didn't even when it did.

A man asks a fisherman from Crete what to be warned about when going to Crete and the fisherman says "All Cretans are liars".

Paradox...in a box.

All because of the Green Portal.  

Muleferdan

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:56 pm
WELL MY PORTAL GUN NOW HAS A PURPLE SETTING TOO. AND NO IT DOESNT MATCH WITH THE GREEN PORTALS.  
Xbox and Playstation Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games