Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Archives
Pokemon RBY

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:57 pm
I'm going to make this as the first set that actually has numbers to give a good median to everyone else (sorry LV solace, but your stuff is really unbalanced/messed up right now as of when I wrote this, lol). I'll be basing most of this off of tyhoon's stuff.

I'm doing this set first since I know pokemon so well, and I won't miss very much at all if I focus on the first generation. Other gens will come in expansion packs.

((expect this to be done in a 1-3 days))

Leaders - Mostly Gym leaders, E4, and maybe another notable character or 2. Usually I require these to be a leader of a faction or something, but pokemon is an exception since all the creatures are pokemon, and trainers usually lead them.

Creatures - Pokemon (duh). Pokemon first forms will typically be a "weak" creature, but by paying summoning points you can evolve them into stronger forms. You do not need a new card for the vast majority of evolutions. Some evolutions will require specific items though. You cannot evolve a pokemon on the turn it comes out, and you cannot evolve it twice. All damage a pokemon has taken goes away upon evolution. You also cannot devolve a pokemon. Most pokemon with no evolutions will be intermediate level creatures. I'm not doing baby forms, I'll figure someway to incorporate them in GSC. The DP evolutions of some Gen 1 pokemon will be added in DP with a special item.

Heroes - Legendary pokemon. There won't be very many considering this is gen 1 (a total of 5...) they will be mixed in with normal pokemon in booster packs to make them much rarer. Will be "very rare tier" strong cards.

Buildings - Different gyms, pokemon center, pokemart, a few other notable buildings.

Items - will be items from the game. I will include some hold items from FR/LG just to add in more.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:17 pm
Leaders

Overall Leader Notes:

- When constructing a deck with a pokemon leader as the head, you may choose 6 pokemon to be considered special heroes for the rest of the game. Special Pokemon Heroes have the same stats, but are allowed to equip pokemon hold items, and upon defeat are placed in the "KOd" pile.

- A player may only have one special pokemon hero on their side of the field at a time.

- When buying a booster pack, players will receive 1 leader. To keep the clearly more powerful leaders (giovanni, elite 4, champion) from "centralizing the game" they will be indeed rare. Giovanni and the first 3 elites will be twice as unlikely to obtain in a pack, lance will be four times as unlikely, and champion blue will be eight times as unlikely. (So, your chances of getting blue are somewhere in the low percentages, when I make booster packs you'll understand)

Leader: Trainer Red (ash)
HP : 5000
Income: 600
Deck Points: 25000
Ability: 500 pokemon deck bonus points.
Notes: He will be in the basic starter deck for pokemon, so he's pretty average.

Leader: Trainer Blue (Gary)
HP : 4500
Income: 650
Deck Points: 24000

Leader: Trainer Beauty

HP: 4500
Deck Points: 2400
Ability: All pokemon with the tag "cute" gain +25 attack and +25 defense.

Leader: Trainer Biker

HP: 6000
Income: 550
Deck Points: 2500
Ability: All poison and fighting type pokemon gain +25 attack. Restricted to fighting and poison type pokemon.

Leader: Trainer Bug Catcher
HP: 4500
Ability: All basic bug type pokemon cost 25 less to summon, and all bug type pokemon gain +50 attack. Restricted to Bug Type Pokemon

Leader: Trainer Black Belt
HP: 5500
Deck Points: 2450
Ability: All fighting type pokemon gain +50 attack and basic fighting pokemon cost 25 less to summon, restricted to Fighting Type pokemon

Leader: Trainer Cooltrainer
HP: 5000
Ability: All evolutions of special pokemon heroes cost 50 less to play.

Leader: Trainer Engineer
Ability: All electric type pokemon gain +50 attack and basic electric pokemon cost 25 less to summon, restricted to electric type pokemon

Leader: Trainer Fisherman
Ability: All water type pokemon gain +50 attack and basic water pokemon cost 25 less to summon, restricted to water type pokemon

Leader: Trainer Gambler
Ability: Every turn roll a 10 sided die. If it lands on an even number you gain an additional 50 income this turn. Adversely, if you land on an odd you lose 50 income this turn.

Leader:

Leader: Brock, The Rock Solid Pokemoon Trainer
HP : 6000
Deck Points: 22500
Ability: 2500 deck points for Rock or Ground type pokemon. All pokemon heroes with the rock typing receive 25 bonus armor.
Notes: Has high HP since he's supposed to be rock ish...

Leader: Misty, The Tomboyish Mermaid
HP : 4000
Ability: (some bonus to water pokemon)
Notes: Sacrifice stam for income, nice bonus to water themed decks

Leader: Lt. Surge, The Lightning American
Ability: (some really cool offensive electric thing)
Notes: average with strong ability

Leader: Erika, The Nature Loving Princess
HP : 4500
Income: 550
Deck Points: 25500
Ability: (probably something healing related)
Notes: Slightly below average income/HP, slightly above average deck size, will have a neat ability

Leader: Koga, The Poisonous Ninja Master
HP: 3500
Income: 725
Deck Points: 20000
Ability: All damage inflicted via the poison status is doubled.
Notes: High income, low HP, low deck size.

Leader: Sabrina, The Master of Psychic Pokemon
Deck Points: 24000
Ability: (some sort of boost to psychic pokemon or an offensive ability)
Notes: Average card with a cool ability

Leader: Blaine, the Hotheaded Quiz Master!
Ability: (will have a boost to fire, and a cool ability)
Notes: Average with good ability

Leader: Giovanni, Gym Leader of Viridian City and Leader of Team Rocket
HP : 5500
Ability: (something involving mewtwo)
Notes: Rare card, all slightly above average stats, some cool ability involving summoning mewtwo more cheaply.

Leader: Lorelei, The Icy Mistress of the Elite 4
HP: 5500
Ability: (some really cool ice ability)
Notes: Rare card, all above average stats, some cool ice ability

Leader: Bruno, The Fighting Type Master of the Elite 4
HP: 7000
Ability: (some really cool offensive ability)
Notes: Rare card, high HP, average deck/income, cool offensive ability

Leader: Agatha, The Elderly Spirit Mistress of the Elite 4
HP: 4000
Income: 700
Ability: (something involving resurrection)
Notes: Rare card, low HP, high income, cool resurrection ability

Leader: Lance, The Dragon Master of the Elite 4
Deck Points: 26000
Ability: The initial summon cost and evolution cost of all dragons reduced by 100. Lance may have a seventh "pokemon hero", but it must be a dragon type.
Note: Very Rare card, high stats, decent ability

Leader: Blue, Champion Supreme!
Deck Points: 26000
Ability: All evolution costs of pokemon reduced by 100! Blue receives an extra "pokemon hero" slot, so he may choose 7 pokemon to be treated as "Pokemon Heroes" and have access to their abilities and pokemon equipment.
Note: Very rare card (twice as rare as lance), high stats, good ability  

nitnit
Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:23 pm
Reserved for all the pokemon  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:24 pm
reserved for all the evolutions  

nitnit
Captain

nitnit