Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•
Shippings in Books! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:11 am
Do you ever ship couples in books?

I know it's hard. XD;; Novels just seem to love canon shippings, but who says you can't ship canon? Or maybe, some non-canon/random/crack shippings? Or, perhaps you read books that have lots of possible shippings?

Discuss book shippings here!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:12 am
My absolute favorite shipping of all time, in books, is definitely Otulissa x Cleve in Guardians of Ga'hoole. XD  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:08 pm

I would have to say DragonStar and Faraday from the 'Wayfarer Redemption' series. biggrin Six books, though they only come together in the last three. crying I hate Axis...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:57 pm
Cobby!
Courtney and Bobby, from the Pendragon series.  

Furyal

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:45 am
Cool!

I also ship Lutta and Hoole in the Guardians of Ga'hoole legends. crying I can't believe Lutta dies... The only reason I don't hate Emerilla is because she's Otulissa's relative. wink And Emerilla IS an awesome weathertrix. But, if it wasn't for that, I would be mad because she stole Lutta's Hoole away!
sad
And Lutta is SO misunderstood!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:09 am
Sorry, I missed most of that.  

Furyal

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:32 pm

I really need to catch up on those Guardian books... stare The last one I read was the one where Soren's brother dies, and Nyra gets away with her egg... emo But I like Loor and Bobby together. biggrin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:16 am
Wow....that's far early. XD You should read more!  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Furyal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:14 am
Thats a little bit of trouble, isn't it? Bobby like Loor and Courtney, both of which had almost died at least once, But Loor says the can't be together because they are only partners in the battle of travelers, and then.... Bleh....  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:42 am

I just think that Courtney and Bobby grew really far apart... I'm kinda sure Loor likes Bobby the way he likes her, but for now, they just don't have time to have a relationship. [Well, Furyal, have you read the Rivers of Zadaa? I'm quite sure that's the one where
Loor really does die, though she's brought back to life by either Bobby or some higher power... [I personally think it's Bobby. biggrin ]  

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Furyal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:34 am
I've read all of them so far. Yeah, thats the one. I don't care about reading the spoilers cause I've gotten every pendragon book so far the day they came out, except for book 9. And by that I mean I didn't get it on the day it came out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:58 pm

Woo, I have lots of shippings.

I ship Soren/Gylfie [I know they're different species, but it was such as shock went he went and had a different mate I had never heard of] [GoGH]

Kel/Dom [Protector of the Small]

Puck/Sabrina [The Sisters Grimm]

Dramonie [If done right, it's awesome]
& SB/AF & RL/DG

^^ kudos if you can guess who AF & DG are. They're not cannon.

Kate/Peter [when they grow up, Gideon Trilogy]

Overall, my shippings are mostly normal. & if you've read any of those books, I salute you!

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:11 pm
Soren/Gylfie? XD I thought of them as more like siblings/best friends. XD;; And they ARE different species. sad Sadly... Yeah. I never wanted them together, but I hated Pelli. scream She just came out of the blue! I might have liked her if Kathryn Lasky introduced her slower. XD And gradually. It was like, BAM! Three chicks. XD I didn't like the three B's much either. Even though they ARE so cute! biggrin By the way, shipping different animal species is like...shipping a monkey and a gorilla. *shiver*
'

Sorry...
I had to point that out. XD;;  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:15 pm

I know, but she really didn't hammer home the point that they were different species. She only used it when they had a special task to do or something. But whatever, I always picture characters different than what they look like, even if it explicitly says what they are.
But yeah, I agree, if KL had introduced Pelli earlier I would have not minded so much.

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:21 pm
She introduced her in one paragraph, and the next paragraph said she and Soren mated. I was like "What the hagsmire?!"

And...yeah. Hm...I guess she doesn't really remind the reader of the different species. But, I don't even know why. XD;; I just kind of...know they're different species. Gah! One shipping I can't stand in Guardians of Ga'hoole is Twilight and Otulissa. Where the heck did that come from?! I was searching "Otulissa" on Fanfiction.net and there's quite a few fanfics of that. Gah! What about Otulissa and Cleve?! crying  
•◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff