Welcome to Gaia! ::

Drawing a Day Guild! Improve Your Drawing!

Back to Guilds

Reply DaD Archives ((Daily threads older then 1 month old go here))
How can I improve?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hows Your Trousers

0 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:24 pm
My gallery is Here
Go around, browse
Pick a few and tell me how to improve ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:31 am
xd  

Hows Your Trousers

0 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Tari_Dragonblade

2,000 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:06 pm
I think you should work on how you draw faces. For me, human faces are really hard, so I can't really help with that, but your style is a little bit undeveloped (for lack of a better word, sorry if it sounds harsh!) for the art I think you're going for. Also, you should consider getting an art program like Adobe Photoshop so you can clean up the lines and color your drawings. Better lineart makes everything look better in the end. It just takes practice and lots of tutorials and books.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:27 am
Tari_Dragonblade
I think you should work on how you draw faces. For me, human faces are really hard, so I can't really help with that, but your style is a little bit undeveloped (for lack of a better word, sorry if it sounds harsh!) for the art I think you're going for. Also, you should consider getting an art program like Adobe Photoshop so you can clean up the lines and color your drawings. Better lineart makes everything look better in the end. It just takes practice and lots of tutorials and books.

That made sence 0.o  

Hows Your Trousers

0 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Hows Your Trousers

0 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:23 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:44 pm
A lot of people keep doing this, it's kinda annoying! I can't give any constructive criticism if I don't know what you're looking to IMPROVE in the first place! DX

Help me out here by at least mentioning what you want to improve on. For example: Anatomy, composition, coloring, etc. etc.  

Anma_Masakari

7,550 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hows Your Trousers

0 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:13 am
Anma_Masakari
A lot of people keep doing this, it's kinda annoying! I can't give any constructive criticism if I don't know what you're looking to IMPROVE in the first place! DX

Help me out here by at least mentioning what you want to improve on. For example: Anatomy, composition, coloring, etc. etc.

Everything....  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:21 pm
I'm sorry, but that really just doesn't help me help you... It's good to focus on everything, but usually you take one thing at a time, so you don't confuse yourself when it comes to learning all these different things.

But then again, I just may not be the one to ask. Good luck finding some help out there!  

Anma_Masakari

7,550 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Doctor Nitrus Brio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:32 pm
I suggest looking at tutorials around the internet, for example: Deviant art, they have a lot of tutortials.

Since, heads are the most important part in drawing characters, it is best to learn about them first... mostly the bust. (shoulders and up).

Look at many of them till you get a good sense of how to do them.

I myself have done this and improved greatly, but i am not a cartoon/anime artist, i like drawing realistic, so i looked at maginzes and so forth to help me.

Do a little at a time and make your way from head to torsol>arms and hands, to hips to feet. ... even though hands and feet are hard for me, i always look at resources.

Resources help me greatly, if i don't know how to draw hands in a way i want it, i google some hands.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:03 pm
Death2thayer
I suggest looking at tutorials around the internet, for example: Deviant art, they have a lot of tutortials.

Since, heads are the most important part in drawing characters, it is best to learn about them first... mostly the bust. (shoulders and up).

Look at many of them till you get a good sense of how to do them.

I myself have done this and improved greatly, but i am not a cartoon/anime artist, i like drawing realistic, so i looked at maginzes and so forth to help me.

Do a little at a time and make your way from head to torsol>arms and hands, to hips to feet. ... even though hands and feet are hard for me, i always look at resources.

Resources help me greatly, if i don't know how to draw hands in a way i want it, i google some hands.

Thanks for the advice
biggrin  

Hows Your Trousers

0 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Hows Your Trousers

0 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:21 am
Bump  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:01 pm
I'd agree that references are the biggest help. Don't just think it's copying either. Practice doesn't make perfect, it makes permanent, so you'll get good at what you do. And if what you do is inacurate, then you'll continue to be inacurate. If you don't know how flowing cloth looks, then don't try to do it from imagination, do it from a reference of exactly what you want until you know without looking how it should be.
Study things that already are there, and don't draw what you think you see, draw what you really see. Don't let your mind simplify it until you really know how.

Eh... I dunno if that made sense. Also, might be a bit hypocritical coming from me, I don't always have time to use references. But I can vouch that it comes out better when I do. Just my two cents!

Also, it's sort of silly to bump in this guild. It's so slow moving, you're not going to go off the page.  

Bribble

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Aliax 10

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:24 pm
you might wanna try harder on your faces. try to draw looking at something and use geometric figures.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:14 pm
Work more on your faces if you want more pointers about faces let me know.... mrgreen here is one of my faces form a drawing i'm working on.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h27/avar4444/face.jpg  

dragon20074

DaD Archives ((Daily threads older then 1 month old go here))

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games