Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Can you marry? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zaakii

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:18 pm
Bismillah

Asalam-Alaykum!

I was wondering that if your mom is divorced, and she gets a daughter... Can you then marry your step sister?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:12 pm
I think that's one of the things Allah (SWT) has ordained Forbidden, Not absolutely sure, But I remember that Step-sisters, Mothers, Daughters of your mother, Etc. are all forbidden.  

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:56 pm
In the U.S., I think it's legal, since there's no blood connection. I haven't got a clue about how that works religiously, though.

I don't really get incest. We have Adam and Eve. If that story were true, we would all be incest anyway. (Muslims have a similar story, right? Or is it the same story?)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:43 pm
BeXlieXve
In the U.S., I think it's legal, since there's no blood connection. I haven't got a clue about how that works religiously, though.

I don't really get incest. We have Adam and Eve. If that story were true, we would all be incest anyway. (Muslims have a similar story, right? Or is it the same story?)

Erm, I was taught that adam and eve was a fairytale to show one of bajillion examples that God knows what he's doin', and when you disobey him, life starts to really suck.

On topic: if your mother got divorced from your father, and had a daughter from your father [she was pregnant when she divorced], i don't think that would fly too well with Islam...
Ether way, she's still your mom and gave birth to you...i don't think it would be that legal in Islam to do such a thing...

but why would you want to marry your step sister? you'd be well over 10 years older than her if that was the case...that just sounds nasty in my opinion...

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:01 am
Ratri_Cat
BeXlieXve

Erm, I was taught that adam and eve was a fairytale to show one of bajillion examples that God knows what he's doin', and when you disobey him, life starts to really suck.

On topic: if your mother got divorced from your father, and had a daughter from your father [she was pregnant when she divorced], i don't think that would fly too well with Islam...
Ether way, she's still your mom and gave birth to you...i don't think it would be that legal in Islam to do such a thing...

but why would you want to marry your step sister? you'd be well over 10 years older than her if that was the case...that just sounds nasty in my opinion...

I interpret it that way too, but people who doubt evolution seem to usually stick to it.

And you're thinking of a half-sister. If the two share one parent, they're half-siblings. A step-sibling is someone that existed before your parent and step-parent got together.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:01 am
Ratri_Cat
BeXlieXve

That would not be nasty... A man is supposed to be 5 years older wit the woman he marry's wink Tough there is many old/rich people in Amarica that are marryed with young models, right?

I was just thinking about the RPG... I mean, if Queen Anatis was found to be my mother, and if i could still marry Nour?  

Zaakii

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:22 am
The thing with Adam and Eve is, I thought it was incest when I thought over the story as well, But in the Qur'an it says that they gave birth to Abel and Cain, and then two beautiful women came from Heaven and reproduced from there in some way, So I suppose it's not that much of Incest.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:57 am
I always wondered how Cain and Abel had kids... I just assumed Adam and Eve had more children, females, and that it was all inbreeding from there on out.  

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:10 pm
BeXlieXve
I always wondered how Cain and Abel had kids... I just assumed Adam and Eve had more children, females, and that it was all inbreeding from there on out.

Nope, it clearly states that women unrelated gave birth to Cain and Abels children. Either Abel or Seth, Because Abel was murdered and I'm not sure if he fathered or Seth. Atleast in the Qur'an it says all this.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:43 pm
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
BeXlieXve

That would not be nasty... A man is supposed to be 5 years older wit the woman he marry's wink Tough there is many old/rich people in Amarica that are marryed with young models, right?

I was just thinking about the RPG... I mean, if Queen Anatis was found to be my mother, and if i could still marry Nour?
five years, i can see. 10 years, 16 years? that's disgusting. the only way i could see that happening if it was an arranged marriage and even then, i don't think....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. noooo don't even think about it, Zaaki

The Dead Terrorist Achmed

Maha the Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:18 pm
BeXlieXve

They both married women from other lands.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:25 am
Maha the Wizard
BeXlieXve

Okay, but...
Where did these women come from?
Did God/Allah create them too?
How come they didn't get a story about their creation?
Did God/Allah just have writer's block when the Bible/Qu'ran was written?  

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:22 am
BeXlieXve
Maha the Wizard
BeXlieXve

Okay, but...

Erm, Catholics don't believe that God actually wrote the bible...we believe that the writers were inspired by by God.
I always thought that since half the time the bible isn't really detailed, that the writers just forgot to mention that other people existed in the world and such.
but then again, it's just a moral guideline tale for me, not to be taken literally word for word.

I really don't know whether the Qu'ran is believed to be written by God or it's inspired by God sweatdrop there's a huge difference, y'know....  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:21 am
Ratri_Cat
BeXlieXve
Maha the Wizard
BeXlieXve

Okay, but...

Erm, Catholics don't believe that God actually wrote the bible...we believe that the writers were inspired by by God.
I always thought that since half the time the bible isn't really detailed, that the writers just forgot to mention that other people existed in the world and such.
but then again, it's just a moral guideline tale for me, not to be taken literally word for word.

I really don't know whether the Qu'ran is believed to be written by God or it's inspired by God sweatdrop there's a huge difference, y'know....

Well... The Prophet (SAW) got messages from God and spoke them to the public of whom would write it all down, And apparently it's never been modified and what not so it's just as it was when it was stated 1400 years ago or somewhere around there. I think it would be somewhat inspired, not completely sure though. I mean for all I know it probably was written by God but the scholars and note takers wrote it all down apparently.  

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:47 pm
Ratri_Cat
BeXlieXve
Maha the Wizard
BeXlieXve

Okay, but...

I know that, but they taught us that God told the writers what to... write. (That was repetitive, sorry.) I went to a Catholic school from kindergarten until 8th grade, and that's what they told us. So, while God wasn't physically writing it, He was telling the story. I think writer's block would be the only reasonable excuse. XD

And I heard that the Prophet Muhammed recieved the Qu'ran. It descended to him or something? I think in Mecca? I'm not sure. Saying that it descended could've just been a metaphor.  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff