Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
The Irony of The Glitch Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are -you- in a coma?
  Yes
  No
  You kidding? I'm a dot hacker!
View Results

Kitkumi

9,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:18 am
By now I'm sure we are all aware of the game items glitch, the random items that just seem to go 'poof' and are no where to be found, gold wandering off to some forgotten corner of the net, and the fact that some items in the inventory are showing up as other items. And Gaia is buzzing with concerned people.

I've been hanging out in the Q&A forum for a good part of the evening, and already I've read a number of people talking about being banned, logging out of Gaia for a few days just to be safe, jumping ship to their mule accounts, and a lot more random things and I just started to think;

This is kinda like a mini .hack crisis. Players quitting, hiding out, affraid to do anything on their accounts, wondering if things are going to get better or worse. I feel like all we're missing is coma stories XD

But anyway, what do you guys think? Any of you feeling a little bit of amusement or .hack-ness at all these sudden glitches?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:03 am
Yeah, kinda. xD I get scared sometimes that maybe I'll be hacked one day. :0 I'm really scared for PPN though. ;-;  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

Kazuma Hiruko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:30 am
LOL, You're right.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:16 am
yea i am i little i just don't want nothin 2 happen 2 me sweatdrop  

Dark_Heart_of_Axel

OMG its Jr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:38 pm
*is in a coma*

Feel better? neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:55 pm
Meh, I'm not too worried. I remember something similar happening on Neopets once, and they brought the freaking hammer down, after a while. I'm pretty sure Gaia will be the same.  

Jack2634

Endranse

8,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:55 pm
While things are amusing with the .hack-ness of the site, if I got the hammer brought down on me or got unrightfully banned, I'd just move on to my joint mule. While some things on gaia are expensive (current avatar over 1 mil), I do not come on for those...I come of to talk to those I consider my friends. As long as I could talk to them, I really wouldn't be bothered too much....  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:59 pm
You know what, after I think about it, yeah xD It does sort of remind me of .hack 3nodding

Chaotic Tragedie

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:11 am
I was just about to be hacked. Asked me to be in a contest and SUBMIT MY PASSWORD. If anything happens, report the user "raffler."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:45 am
lol slate i got a nessage that i won a promotion from the mods that was sent by someone named DJ link star but i guess they forget that that little link
takes u to a page that says this is not a part of gaia even though it looks like it. ALSO BECAUSE OF THAT THERE IS A LINK THAT SAYS TEKTEK THAT WAS LEADING TO A FAKE LOGIN PAGE XD  

haseo9

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:02 pm
I got a message from some idiot who wanted me to click a link they sent me and said it would log out of my account and I would win something if I clicked it. :/ I reported that dolt. ;o  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:54 pm
Somone told me they'd hack me if I didn't give him pictures of myself without a shirt on...I didn't report him...but I didn't give him pictures either. xD  

Jakkii Padclaw

Kamen Ride

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:02 pm
User Image

Someone has a pervy stalker.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:37 pm
Wow...I haven't gotten a message or anything like that yet.. D:

But yeah, lol, this kinda reminds me of .hackness. heart

Euphemius

Vice Captain

Lonely Explorer

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:33 pm
Ephemeral Teddybear
Somone told me they'd hack me if I didn't give him pictures of myself without a shirt on...I didn't report him...but I didn't give him pictures either. xD

That was me. redface

LOLZ JKJKJK.

pix pls???

@Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out