Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Super Smash Bros. Guild
How many times have you switched?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many times have you switched your best charecter?
  1-2
  3-4
  5-6
  7-8
  9-10
  11 or more
View Results

cmdood

Dedicated Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:13 pm
soooooo throughout the entire super smash bros series, how many times have you guys switched your best charecter? i've done it so many times i lost count. on the original i was good as kirby, but then they screwed him up in melee. THEN, i went through soooooooooo many different people. the last few i remember were dr. mario, then marth, then fox. then when brawl came out i discovered im good as wolf. then just last night i realised im even better as toon link (which is hilarious because my little brother was good as the original link for sooo long and now sucks as him XD ).

so how many times have you switched best charecter?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:58 pm
Too many to count. All I know is that now, I'm prefer people with swords, mainly Marth and Ike. I also like Zelda/Sheik and Zero Suit Samus.  

stickyfeet

Amargana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:27 pm
Utterly surprising, I've never changed my best character.

From the first game, my best, and favorite, was Yoshi. At that time, Yoshi was friggin' fast, almost to the point of cheating if you could pull off the combos properly (as such, I was dubbed "Cheater" courtesy of my annoyed sister).

In Melee, he was toned down a bit, but still usable. If I was fighting a friend for the first time, I would experiment on them with Sheik, whose speed and power was very useful. Afterward, I'd smack them around with the green... dinosaur? Whatever it is.

In Brawl, Yoshi is still my best. Now he's even able to get extra height with his Egg Toss.

He's best for me because I play as a brawler. Literally. I rush into things, do suicide kills, even toss bomb-ombs dangerously close to myself. I chose Yoshi because he's the most likely to come back after being smacked around. He's fantastically resilient.

I do use other people, of course, but Yoshi has, is, and might just continue to be my Smash Machine.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:57 pm
in the origional game i started out as mario but then switched to pikachu because pikachu has strong smashes (if not id be kirby) but his smashes still have some speed to them

then brawl came and i decided that i wanted someone with better long range so i played around with zelda some but we didnt really click so I ended up with young link - and I will never play with anyone else in that game again, end of story there

but then brawl came and the COMPLETELY screwed up the links, regular link is way too slow for a character like that and toon link (oh man I have to be careful not to get started on him) is just screwed up, ok ill just say one of my pet peeves with him: the down a air attack they completely screwed it up - you used to be able to kill with it if someone was close to 100 but now they sped it up and took too much of the power off and i HATE it (ok done venting on that topic) so I started out with metaknight but figured out that A) I suck in the air and B) I dont like the range on his smashes. so i canned him and went to wolf, main reason: the over a smash - so I got good with him (finally mastered his recovery, man that took a while) and then I was going through all star with everybody and randomly got pretty good with Ike - so I juggled ike and wolf for a while but ive ended up sticking with ike mostly. Since then ive been planning on switching to snake or sonic because there are way too many ikes online but I just havent done it and probably wont for a while because im still honing a couple of things on ike - ok thank you for reading my rant/life story  

Kannibal Cow

cmdood

Dedicated Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:35 pm
Amargana

From the first game, my best, and favorite, was Yoshi. At that time, Yoshi was friggin' fast, almost to the point of cheating if you could pull off the combos properly (as such, I was dubbed "Cheater" courtesy of my annoyed sister).

In Melee, he was toned down a bit, but still usable. If I was fighting a friend for the first time, I would experiment on them with Sheik, whose speed and power was very useful. Afterward, I'd smack them around with the green... dinosaur? Whatever it is.

In Brawl, Yoshi is still my best. Now he's even able to get extra height with his Egg Toss.

He's best for me because I play as a brawler. Literally. I rush into things, do suicide kills, even toss bomb-ombs dangerously close to myself. I chose Yoshi because he's the most likely to come back after being smacked around. He's fantastically resilient.

I do use other people, of course, but Yoshi has, is, and might just continue to be my Smash Machine.
3nodding

good with yoshi? never thought it was possible. id love to battle you sometime  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:00 am
cmdood
Amargana

3nodding

good with yoshi? never thought it was possible. id love to battle you sometime
hey now i'm good with yoshi too...just...i don't really play him as much...cause he um...sucks for tornaments...hey look a ninja!
ninja  

J-PiPe

J-PiPe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:09 am
as for my change of characters?
well, for SSB, Kirby was my main man with the master plan.
In SSBM I was Roy for a time, then I figured out that Marth's milkshakes brings all the boys to the yards (GAY rofl ) which doesn't give Roy much pratice (sucks) so my main changed to Ganondorf and that's when I did a few tornaments.
As for SSBB, my main used to be Pit...til I got Wairo and 3xD unlocked and now, as some people can attest to, my mains are (duh) Wario and 3xD while my secondary is Ike. I'm also using Pit and Meta alittle more now though  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:46 pm
Three times in Melee. Went from Samus to Mario to Ice Climbers. Still Ice Climbers in Brawl, however I'm finding that I am equally skilled with Luigi and Marth.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Blind Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:12 am
in brawl, i never really changed. my best r sheik, z.s. samus, fox, sonic and lucario. i just switch between them completely randomly  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:28 pm
|I just play whit one character till I get bored of his fighting style right now I prety much play wit shiek I really like that up b move burning_eyes  

HamsterBlaster

2,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0

RWTHTMM

10,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:33 am
in SSB i played with Kirby
then in Melee i mained Peach and Sheik, but for some circunstances i decided not to use them anymore and started using Mario and Pikachu
now in Brawl i started using Pokemon Trainer, then i realized im not very good with him so i tried all characters and now i main Lucas and Lucario mostly,

it was funny that i hated Lucario for taking the place of Mewtwo, and Wolf because everyone expected another character and not another landmaster guy, and now i like those characters a lot, lol  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:36 am
In the 64 version, I first played as Link, the Luigi, then Samus. In the Second Game, I played as Shiek, then Roy, then Game and Watch, then I switched to Captain Falcon recently when I played it again with my friend. In brawl, I liked Pit, then Game and Watch.  

Man Sheck

A0yuki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:12 am
Switched quite a few times in Brawl...From Jigglypuff, to Ike, to Falco, to Fox. And he's my main now. So now Im playing the character I despised playing from Melee. Lol, how Ironic. So yeah...My characters are now Fox and Samus. Good stuff...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:32 pm
64 was pikachu

melee it was marth

and in brawl it went to lucas.  

Dan D Lie N

Beloved Perfectionist

Kiba Kozure Okami

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:53 pm
In the original I was Link, Pikachu, and Kirby.

Melee was Marth, Fox, Kirby, and Shiek.

As for Brawl its Marth, Ike, Lucario, Dedede and Wolf.  
Super Smash Bros. Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games