Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Pig Use in the Medical Field-What will Muslims Do?? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What will you do?
  Suffer
  Take it if it depends on my life
  Go and find an alternative source (post the alternatives, please)
  I don't know
View Results

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:36 am
So, what what do diabetic Muslims do? Do they suffer through the illness and die by it? Insulin is made from pigs.

Here are the following items that are used constantly in the medical field that have been manufactured from pigs:

-insulin

-heparin prevents blood clot
formation, growth, and movement
Used in: heparin is essential in open heart surgery,
kidney dialysis, and catheterization.

-heart valves
are widely used to replace defective valves in human
hearts. It is estimated that over 30,000 heart valves from
pigs have been implanted into humans.

-Pepsin is a digestive ferment obtained from the lining
of the pyloric end of pig stomachs and used to aid
protein digestion (some people cannot digest protein, and can die if they do not have aid)

And what does Islam have to say about pigs genetically altered to do the following?

-Genetically engineered pigs are yielding milk containing
a complex human protein that prevents blood
clotting. With this source, large supplies can be
attained more quickly and less expensively than from
human sources.

-DNX Corporation (Princeton, NJ) has created pigs with
human hemoglobin, which they hope to begin testing
in humans as a blood substitute next year. This new
supply of human-quality blood will help reduce the
cost of collecting blood from humans and eliminate
potential disease problems in the blood supply.

What will you guys do if human blood is not going to be used in the future anymore? Will you still accept blood transfusions?

Discuss:
What do you guys do when confronted with a problem like this?
How will Islam deal with medicine using more and more pig products to treat human illnesses....?

Here be the source  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:29 pm
Hm. That is a good question. I hadn't even thought of that. I suppose it would be a problem for Jewish people, too.

What do you guys do? Are there like, alternatives or something? I'd imagine there are, because a lot of people dislike using animal products.  

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:51 pm
BeXlieXve
Hm. That is a good question. I hadn't even thought of that. I suppose it would be a problem for Jewish people, too.

What do you guys do? Are there like, alternatives or something? I'd imagine there are, because a lot of people dislike using animal products.

more importantly, what to do when there ARE NO ALTERNATIVES.
that's my question.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:47 am
this is a very seriouse problem !!
but i guess we must leave it to muslim shaikhs , coz it might be HALAL '' unforbidden '' ... coz it's not something BAD for our health ,, and as u knw PORK is very bad for the body/health ... and i guess making something GOOD out of it isn't something bad!

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:17 am
dark__sunshin
but i guess we must leave it to muslim shaikhs , coz it might be HALAL '' unforbidden '' ... coz it's not something BAD for our health ,, and as u knw PORK is very bad for the body/health ... and i guess making something GOOD out of it isn't something bad!

Pork is forbidden for health reasons? I thought it was like the Jews' rule about pork. You know, like, it's dirty and not worthy of being eaten? But if it's about health, then the medical uses for pigs must be okay.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:27 pm
dark__sunshin
confused ham is one of the leanest kinds of meat around....  

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:15 pm
Ratri_Cat
dark__sunshin

Actually, poultry (like chicken and turkey) and fish are usually the healthiest meats. Unless they're like, fried or something... If it's boiled or baked, it's very healthy for you.

But it's true that we do have fattening, greasy foods from pork. Bacon, for example. And ham, if you forget to cut the fat off.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:31 pm
BeXlieXve
Ratri_Cat
dark__sunshin

Actually, poultry (like chicken and turkey) and fish are usually the healthiest meats. Unless they're like, fried or something... If it's boiled or baked, it's very healthy for you.

But it's true that we do have fattening, greasy foods from pork. Bacon, for example. And ham, if you forget to cut the fat off.
turkey is better than chicken.

...i wonder, if the Prophet actually worked on the chicken farm if he would have asked God to forbid eating chickens for being such disgusting creatures. I don't get why Muslims think that pork is so dirty...chickens are far, far more disgusting and dirty creatures than pigs are.

but this is completely off topic of my original discussion. I want to know what muslims would do now with this type of medical accomplishments and pigs.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Zaakii

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:37 am
No, PIGS ARE MORE DISQUSTING!

Allah(swt) told Muhammad(saw), he diden't come with it himself! If it acturally was Muhammad(saw)???

Anyway it's proven haram rolleyes

But it's not haram when it's a need...

Like if u are in the desert, with only pigs. Then you can eat it! But don't eat too much...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:30 pm
Zaaki

Allah(swt) told Muhammad(saw), he diden't come with it himself! If it acturally was Muhammad(saw)???

Like if u are in the desert, with only pigs. Then you can eat it! But don't eat too much...

And God told us that it was okay to eat pigs. Your point?
*rolls eyes* you're talking to someone who has worked with pigs on a farm. Chickens lose to pigs any day. And pigs aren't that common running wild in the desert. Most likely someone was raising them, and they'd have more than just living off of pigs, therefore, defeating the need to eat pig, period. That's besides the point.

and i want to see the hadith that says it's ok to have something that is considered haram if there is a need for it.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Zaakii

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:10 am
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki

*rolls eyes* you're talking to someone who has worked with pigs on a farm. Chickens lose to pigs any day. And pigs aren't that common running wild in the desert. Most likely someone was raising them, and they'd have more than just living off of pigs, therefore, defeating the need to eat pig, period. That's besides the point.

and i want to see the hadith that says it's ok to have something that is considered haram if there is a need for it.

Ma'am your talking to someone who live in a country full of pigs, and farms rolleyes

If you don't belive me, go and google earth Denmark lol I kinda got shocked myself...

I don't know the hadith... But i know that pigs are haram! And how can yew see that chikens are more disqusting than pigs?

I mean, i have seen chikens and pigs alot... And when you look at a big cage with 30 chikens and a cage with 2 pigs... You can see what's disqusting...

I mean pigs eat their own s**t, and if they don't get food... They eat humans gonk

You should look inside them... They are the most human likely animal!

They are proven that they are like humans more than monkeys!

What if you got prisoned in a cage with only pigs? Then they aren't haram...

What's the big diffrence on writting pigs in a dessert, and pigs in a prison? It's still possible 3nodding

But for some reason people say dessert... Someone from my class even asked if i was alone in a dessert with only pigs, was i then gonna eat it?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:05 am
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki

Ma'am your talking to someone who live in a country full of pigs, and farms rolleyes

If you don't belive me, go and google earth Denmark lol I kinda got shocked myself...

I don't know the hadith... But i know that pigs are haram! And how can yew see that chikens are more disqusting than pigs?

I mean, i have seen chikens and pigs alot... And when you look at a big cage with 30 chikens and a cage with 2 pigs... You can see what's disqusting...

I mean pigs eat their own s**t, and if they don't get food... They eat humans gonk

You should look inside them... They are the most human likely animal!

They are proven that they are like humans more than monkeys!

What if you got prisoned in a cage with only pigs? Then they aren't haram...

What's the big diffrence on writting pigs in a dessert, and pigs in a prison? It's still possible 3nodding

But for some reason people say dessert... Someone from my class even asked if i was alone in a dessert with only pigs, was i then gonna eat it?

working and seeing are two VERY different things.

Look I said that part was off topic, okay? I'm not here to debate about chickens verses pigs. LOOK AT THE TITLE.

You had your two cents, and I had mine.

I said I wanted to see the hadith that says that you can eat/use things that are haram if there is need for it.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:41 am
Ratri_Cat

Look I said that part was off topic, okay? I'm not here to debate about chickens verses pigs. LOOK AT THE TITLE.

pig is allowed in medical field because it saves ones life so yes it is.

and if i should tell you that donating blood is haram, but when it comes for saving ones life then it is not haram instead its become your good deed!!

so if you are seeing the one side of the coin then also see the other!!

simple!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:28 am
tassan
Ratri_Cat

pig is allowed in medical field because it saves ones life so yes it is.

and if i should tell you that donating blood is haram, but when it comes for saving ones life then it is not haram instead its become your good deed!!

so if you are seeing the one side of the coin then also see the other!!

simple!!
donating blood is saving a life period. even selling plasma is life-saving. so you couldn't use this argument.
-_-
i just want to know the hadith. that's why i posted. gonk

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Maha the Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:35 am
Ratri_Cat

I said I wanted to see the hadith that says that you can eat/use things that are haram if there is need for it.

I'm a bit worn out now (but I aced my class yey) so I won't go digging for sources now, but I can confirm that exceptions are often given when ones life is threatened. There are numerous instances given explaining this phenomena.  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff