Mermaids? Good or Bad?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

kari936221

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:26 pm
u know how some shows/stories have good mermaids? and some have bad mermaids? which do u like better? i like bad. i think theyre cooler cause they arent to nice and sweet... whee  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:56 am
Mermaids just aren't really my thing - cause they aren't scary enough.  

Ino_-_Yamanaka

Ruthless Fatcat

15,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Flatterer 200

Miyuki_2220

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:12 pm
kari936221
u know how some shows/stories have good mermaids? and some have bad mermaids? which do u like better? i like bad. i think theyre cooler cause they arent to nice and sweet... whee

Lol. good vs. evil. But are we ever sure of our sides? 0-o  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:05 pm
sweatdrop Hehehe
But I think mermaids are better good because they're prettier!! whee Heehee...

Bleuraven123

vamp_love92

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:03 pm
ok i think the good mermaids are cool but so are the bad ones....the bad ones used to creep me out when i was younger tho lolz

sooo i think if they looked like the bad mermaids but were the good ones wed be good lolz.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:25 pm
I loved mermaids when I was 8yrs old. I'm still fascinated by them now, but I'm for the good mermaids....the ugly life-sucking-ones not so much razz  

x blossoming-innocence x

Elda Von Katherine

Dapper Bloodsucker

2,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:43 am
as a manga addict, i can definitely say

Mermaids are neither here nor there, just that people like the idea of having a beautiful woman, half human half fish as a good person.

But, I'd say, I HATE mermaids a whole load.
One manga named Rosario+Vampire portrays them as not-so-good things as are the other demons on that academy.

Much like sirens, mermaids would sometimes sing to people and gods and enchant them, distracting them from their work and causing them to walk off the deck or run their ships aground. Other stories have them squeezing the life out of drowning men while attempting to "rescue" them. In Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Mermaid it is said that they forget that humans cannot breathe underwater, while others say they drown men out of spite.
The sirens of Greek mythology are sometimes portrayed in later folklore as mermaid-like; in fact, some languages use the same word for both bird and fish creatures, such as the Maltese word 'sirena'.
Yet again, they have been related to several medical problems.

Sirenomelia, also called "mermaid syndrome", is a rare congenital disorder in which a child is born with his or her legs fused together and the genitalia are reduced. This condition is about as rare as conjoined twins, affecting one out of every 70,000 live births and is usually fatal within a day or two of birth because of kidney and bladder complications. Four survivors were known to be alive as of July 2003.

My conclusion: Exceptionally Beautiful? Yes. Good? Perhaps... Bad? Highly Likely.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:44 am
i really ike mermaids, i prefer the good ones in some stories but i like it when the bad ones are far prettier rather than ugly,? you know what i mean?  

LunaNatz

3,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Rosie-kanna

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:46 am
i think that good mermaids are better. bad mermaids don't take the popularity. good ones are the best. see how Ariel is nice, well thats a good mermaid. lol. 3nodding whee  
[Mythical Creatures]- Werewolfs, Vampire, Unicorn,ect

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games