Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Curious...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quiet Dojo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:13 am
I'm a bit scared of going astral, mainly because of a weird experience I had in high school. Could someone shed some light on what I saw?

Boiled down, I got into a meditative trance, and...well...I felt like I was being shot straight up in the air. I could *see* myself sitting cross-legged in my room, but I was going up so high...
I'm pretty sure I floated for a second, then I was standing in the middle of this busy street (maybe London? I saw a double-decker bus or two)...
After that I shot up again and I must've gone straight through the atmosphere...then this "being" in white clothes and white wings appeared out of nowhere and said, "Hey, what are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here. C'mon, let's get you back."
Then I started falling, I saw myself again, and I "woke up".

You can call me a liar if you like, but I felt like I was hurtling along on some crazy roller coaster...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:32 pm
hmmm...to me it sounds like an out of body exspereans. From what i know it can be weard the first few times but after a wile you can get used to it. You can also find serten things that need to be answer that way.

but that is just what i think

Wolfwalker  

dark-wolf14

Quiet Dojo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:43 pm
*Nods* I haven't known what to think of the whole thing, especially with the "angel" (?)....  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:14 am
....? Um, guys? I'm still confused... sad  

Quiet Dojo

A Scarecrow

Wheezing Autobiographer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:46 pm
If you want to enter Astral remember this:
Nothing there can physically hurt you, and you can always head back to your body with something as simple as a thought. So there's nothing to be afraid of.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:37 pm
But what was the angel there for? Was it some kind of safety net? Something my mind made?
...Nobody's answered my question yet... cry  

Quiet Dojo

A Scarecrow

Wheezing Autobiographer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:19 pm
Quiet Dojo
But what was the angel there for? Was it some kind of safety net? Something my mind made?
...Nobody's answered my question yet... cry
From what I know, things that happen in Astral or in OBE tend to be symbolic.
That question can only really be answered by you.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:31 pm
Socially Inept Butterfly
If you want to enter Astral remember this:
Nothing there can physically hurt you, and you can always head back to your body with something as simple as a thought. So there's nothing to be afraid of.

Wait, why is "nothing there can physically hurt you" reassuring? There's a lot to a person that isn't physical. wink

Dojo:
There are many dangers when you walk the hedge. You can actually get lost (that's why shamans learn soul-retrievals). You can leave a part of yourself behind (so try not to snap back if you can possibly avoid it). If you trespass or piss something off, they can actually harm you.

So wherever you go, be respectful. Learn how to shield so you can try to protect yourself if you have to. Never expect that people you meet will help you or what to help you; many will, but others are going about their own business.

Find a guide. Guides are good. They'll help protect you if something bad does happen (it's fairly uncommon but nevertheless), they'll help you understand the etiquette involved, and wherever they lead will be a place you're allowed to go. The person you ran into may have been a guide, or may not. Either way, they were helpful and took you back. I'd interpret that as you being in a particular place that perhaps you shouldn't have gone rather than being between worlds in general.

I mean, you can't turn up at the gates of Asgard, for example, and expect to get in. Invites only, etc etc. The Underworld is much easier to access and much safer in general, but still you should be aware that not everyone there wants to interact with you.

If you're interested in this sort of thing I highly recommend "Exploring Shamanism" by Hillary S. Webb. A very intelligent book. It's directed at beginners but goes surprisingly in-depth and is one of my favourite books on Paganism.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Quiet Dojo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:18 am
Hmm...that books sounds great, I'll be sure to check it out.
I do wonder though...what worlds are out there? I mean, there must be some sort of heavenly plane that we aren't supposed to "know about" while we're alive...
Tonight I'll fight my fears and try again...perhaps I'll have some better luck this time around.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:13 pm
Well with that part i dont know  

dark-wolf14

Quiet Dojo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:26 pm
dark-wolf14
Well with that part i dont know

Nobody knows for sure except for the people who live in those places.
And thank you, everyone, for the help and advice you provided. ^_^  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games