Welcome to Gaia! ::

Daft Robots of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Daft Punk, Transformers, Gundam, you name it! It's a guild for robots. 

Tags: Daft Punk, Transformers, Gundam, Techno, even Gir 

Reply .:Fan's Community Room:.
Daft Punks Debut Single: The New Wave

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angel Cutter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:47 pm
Yesterday on MapleStory I was chatting with a friend about Daft Punk. I asked him what was his favorite song from them and he said their first one, the most popular one and I corrected him and said that One More Time was not their first song. Then I tried to tell him what thier first song as Daft Punk was and I felt disloyal not knowing what it was. I looked it up on wikipedia.com and found out about their debut single: The New Wave. Shocked that they had a song I had no clue about, I rushed over to ebay to purchase the cd. I found ONE copy and bought it, then later realized while reviewing my purchase that it is vinyl. In despair, I write this. We have a record player but it has never been used, and we will not know if it works until my prize arrives. If it does nto work, then the vinyl will be framed and mounted on my wall.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:36 pm
Have you heard it on Imeem or Youtube or anywhere else?

I personally say Alive, the final mix, is better, but maybe I ought to listen to it again.  

X3LA

Mushywaffles
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:19 pm
This was one of the first things I was confused about when I started becoming obsessed with Daft Punk. My obsession trickled down from listening to their music at all hours to also reading about them and looking at pictures and tracking their exploits.

Their first single as Daft Punk was "The New Wave" on the Soma record label, released in 1994. It had two songs to a side of the vinyl. On the a side were "The New Wave (edit)" and the full 7 minute recording. The B side had "Assault" and "Alive (New Wave Final Mix)".

To explain, Daft Punk had "The New Wave" and the shorter 5:17 edited version as the (edit). They reworked it more until it became the track "Alive".  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:40 pm
ZOUNDS!
A USE FOR MY VINYL PLAYER!  

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100

Empress Raven Vulcana

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:00 pm
I only heard about this single because I was listening to the French interview I was translating and they mentioned it. razz  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:56 pm
I wikied it lawl

but yeah I went back to listen to it, I still believe that ALIVE is better, but thats just my onion opinion.  

X3LA

Empress Raven Vulcana

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:34 pm
Guy-damour
I wikied it lawl

but yeah I went back to listen to it, I still believe that ALIVE is better, but thats just my onion opinion.

Lol, its my Onion too.  
.:Fan's Community Room:.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff