Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
I can never seem to find any good ways to...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Scarecrow

Wheezing Autobiographer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:58 am
Cleanse and bless. neutral
I have a ring, for example. And the only way I know how to cleanse it would be to put it in a river overnight. This immediately poses a problem, as I'd prefer to not have it wash away. Of course, I could bury it...but then I'd never be able to find it in the morning.

Blessings a whole other story, I'm fairly certain it involves some kind of prayer to God/ess but I honestly can't seem to find a practical way to make it work. It doesn't help that I'm terrible with words.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:07 am
For me, how you cleanse something will depend on what it is. As this ring is particular to you, you'd have to pick the one that sounded best for you.

You could smudge it; hold it under running water (clean stream or river is best but any will do in a pinch) for a time, until you feel it's time to take it out; make holy water and leave it in there overnight, or just sprinkle it with the water; leave it in the light of the full moon overnight; leave it in sunlight for a few hours or all day; place it on a gemstone that's particularly good for cleansing; breathe on it; cleanse it with your own energies.

There are probably other ways besides but those are the ones that come to mind at the moment. You may also want to use your athame, if you have one, to cut all previous ties to the ring.

As for blessing, there are some general tool blessing rituals out there that you may want to convert for your purposes.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

A Scarecrow

Wheezing Autobiographer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:29 am
Sanguina-chan
For me, how you cleanse something will depend on what it is. As this ring is particular to you, you'd have to pick the one that sounded best for you.

You could smudge it; hold it under running water (clean stream or river is best but any will do in a pinch) for a time, until you feel it's time to take it out; make holy water and leave it in there overnight, or just sprinkle it with the water; leave it in the light of the full moon overnight; leave it in sunlight for a few hours or all day; place it on a gemstone that's particularly good for cleansing; breathe on it; cleanse it with your own energies.

There are probably other ways besides but those are the ones that come to mind at the moment. You may also want to use your athame, if you have one, to cut all previous ties to the ring.

As for blessing, there are some general tool blessing rituals out there that you may want to convert for your purposes.
Oh, alright then. Thanks.

Where can I find the blessing rituals?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:54 am
I don't know specifically. There's any number of Neo-Wiccan rituals online. How legit they are doesn't really matter, so long as you like the ritual. Have a look around. The Pagan Library might have some.

Carl Neal's "The Magick Toolbox" has some ritual ideas too.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

A Scarecrow

Wheezing Autobiographer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:20 pm
Nice, thanks. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:31 pm
No problem ^_^  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Korealia

Distinct Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:03 am
you can also put it in some sea salt under a full moon.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:22 pm
There are a couple of thread in the Library that might be helpful:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=12561035
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=12009949 (this one is related to pendulums, but has some useful info as well)  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

SADERR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:10 am
Yeah..I have a stone of hemetatite on a string that I bought in a tourist shop. I wear it at all times, but I don't feel commfortable even grounding with it until I cleanse it. I also plan on cutting off the string and using a blue one instead, as it symbolises protection to me.
I would have to agree with a bowl (or chalice, perhaps) of salt water. Thus you are cleansing it with water and earth, which is double, compared to just one element. Also, on the idea of burying it, you'd simply have to choose a spot you know well. Infront of a tree in your backyard, for example. Put a stick in the ground where you buried it (unless it's a fairly windy night, the stick should stay over a period of one night).  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:45 pm
I really love the simple ways of cleansing.

I have a small bottle of salt mixed with a few drops of vanilla that I sprinkle in water and dip my stones in, Sometimes a leave my stones in all night until I feel that they are cleansed and stronger.

Or, I run them over a candle flame to "burn" the nasties away.

The simplest way I've ever blessed anything is by kissing the item three times, especially if its a gift I've made for someone. There's more to that, But I fear embarressing myself. xD

But I'm glad you posted that question, I knew there were as many ways of cleansing and blessing as there were people.. I just never knew what they were. This is great, thank you.

Namikikyo

*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff