Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Anime Movies and Manga titles.
Steamboy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Steamboy
  good
  bad
  have not seen it
View Results

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:08 pm
ninja Got a brand new shipment of electrical equipment...

So let me just say that this was one of the most gorgeous anime movies that I've ever seen. I just wish that it wasn't so long...and that it was a good deal more exciting. Oh well, I'm just not a huge fan of the directer methinks (he also made Akira)

...it's addressed to the bottom of the sea. domokun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:11 pm
I thought it was good - excellent art, of course - but it did lack a certain something, didn't it?  

Milady D

8,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200

Epidose

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:40 pm
It lacked, but it was good. Again like said, the artwork is great, as the animation. Bottom of my top 5, but still there.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:49 am
Visually stunning, but yes, it was pretty long and slow. Also, like Akira, the story was just a little too cerebral for me. I also didn't like the way the grandfather and the dad both kept doing Heel Face Turns, never being the villain or the hero and swapping sides every other minute for no apparent reason. It's hard to understand the point of a movie when the villains' characters and motivations are never clear.  

onagakami

Giggles Mule

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:29 am
great art... but it lacked in some areas... but overall good movie  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:35 pm
I loved the art (especially the scene when the tower exploded and the steam froze) and the plot equally, but I'm a Miyazaki fangirl, so I suppose it's to be expected.

Michino Ri-to

Todays Tomorrow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:01 pm
I finally got around to watching it a couple of days ago. I really enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It was a nice change from most of the fantasy stuff I watch. Sure some of the inventions are fetched but there's no magical creatures, demons,etc.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:09 am
I watched it quite awhile ago and most of the plot detail's escaped me, but I did enjoy the quality of the animation. (Overall Akira was still better though.) =P  

Gonkhnation

Bashful Lunatic

Anime Movies and Manga titles.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces