Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Things that the updated GGN needs Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:13 pm
GGN = Gaia Guild Network

I don't know about you, but I usually avoid gaia outside of the guilds. Unforunately, the guilds are lacking a lot of features. What I'd like to see:

- More ranks, that are customizable (so, there could be one rank that has the power to move threads, but not delete them or edit other people's posts, or rank that has no additional powers, but is higher)

- Custom titles. You'll notice that a lot of admins have stuff like "moderator helper" or "global moderator" or whatever. I'd like something like that for inside the guild only.

- The ability to hide subforums completely. I know you can "lock them", but I'd like to be able to make them not show up completely to save space if you have unused ones.

Uses for spending gold. You may not know this, but there is no way to use the gold that is donated directly through the front page other than to buy subforums (which we have tons of)

- Advertising. There could be a giant bulletin board where you spend gold and get placed on it for a week or so.

(can't think of any other uses... maybe a way to get gold out of the bank, or give it to people)

There are others, but I can't think of them right now. Any thoughts?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:16 pm
Not neccesarily in the guild section but I would like a bank that does you know...

Banking.  

Muleferdan

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:20 pm
Why?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:23 pm
nitnit
Why?

Interest is fun.

And so is discovering I have more money than it looks.

I think you covered all my complaints for guild problems.

Maybe a guild ranking to show who to go after and who to join.  

Muleferdan

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:51 pm
nitnit
GGN = Gaia Guild Network

I don't know about you, but I usually avoid gaia outside of the guilds. Unforunately, the guilds are lacking a lot of features. What I'd like to see:

- More ranks, that are customizable (so, there could be one rank that has the power to move threads, but not delete them or edit other people's posts, or rank that has no additional powers, but is higher)

- Custom titles. You'll notice that a lot of admins have stuff like "moderator helper" or "global moderator" or whatever. I'd like something like that for inside the guild only.

- The ability to hide subforums completely. I know you can "lock them", but I'd like to be able to make them not show up completely to save space if you have unused ones.

Uses for spending gold. You may not know this, but there is no way to use the gold that is donated directly through the front page other than to buy subforums (which we have tons of)

- Advertising. There could be a giant bulletin board where you spend gold and get placed on it for a week or so.

(can't think of any other uses... maybe a way to get gold out of the bank, or give it to people)

There are others, but I can't think of them right now. Any thoughts?

Sounds like having your own forum.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:21 pm
There should be a mutiny feature.  

Jonnnn

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:23 pm
Hmm... Well, I know it would make life a ton easier if there was a way to contact all the guild members (or just the crew), through PMs or something...

Otherwise, all the things that have been said so far seems good enough for me (until I think of something else).  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:35 pm
Guild Bank withdraws mostly.  

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:26 pm
Jonnnn

Vice-Captains do the job fine.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:33 pm
Then the guild would fall apart.  

nitnit
Captain

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:36 pm
Sometimes things need to break before they can be fixed.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:39 pm
You mean gaia?  

nitnit
Captain

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:00 pm
Jonnnn

Why not just install a self-destruct sequence button then? neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:06 pm
nitnit
You mean gaia?

Who said anything about fixing Gaia?  

Shigeru the Hero

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:17 pm
Well then, what needs fixing in this guild?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff