Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Tutorials
FF + PSP + Yarn = knitting charts!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:08 am
I wanted a cute slipcover my my PSP slim, but I couldn't find any that I liked. A few days later, I had myself a knitted bag featuring FF7's Cait Sith. A few days even later, I'm working on one featuring FF9's Zidane Tribal for a friend. Someone asked me for the patterns, and I figured I would share them here, too. Btw, I'm not very familiar with traditional knitting instructions, so I may have forgotten to put some information here. ^_^; If you have any questions, ask.

Zidane Pattern - Taken from his Dissidia profile pic. You might want to add a border if you don't want to lose the outside columns. I realized that about halfway through... ^^; This pattern could probably be converted to Link with a green background.

Cait Sith Pattern - Taken from its Before Crisis profile pic. I used a baby pink for the background, but I wish I'd used dark pink, so the hearts would've shown up better. If you don't like Cait (you monster! crying ) you can cut him out entirely and just do the hearts.

Sewing: After knitting each side indivitually, sew the bottom and one side together. If you're lining it, sew a fabric pocket (bottom and sides, leaving the top open). Be sure the "right" sides of the fabric are turned toward each other. Hem the top of the lining if you want, and then stick it in between the knitted pieces and sew it to the bottom of the bag. After that, sew the final side of the knitting together. If you want to add any claps, pull-strings, etc, now is the time. Then sew the top of the lining to the top of the knitted bag, and it's done. ^^

Notes:

- If you carry a tail of yarn, even if you have a large block of color and don't need to, it makes the fabric thicker, giving it a tiiiiny bit more padding to protect your screen. But it's time-consuming, and you could probably get even more padding by simply lining it with quilted fabric. Your call.

- I recommend using acrylics for this instead of wool. Think about all the gritty places you drag your PSP (especially during conventions!), and how often you may want to toss your bag into the washing machine. ^_~;  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:05 am
eek

That's amazing.  

bookaholic

Tutorials

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out