Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
You decide how we play Brawl. (need help with club and SSBB)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Play Brawl?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

Kassadin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:41 am
Note: This post has long text. If you don't feel like reading it, go straight down to the paragraphs below the underline. Thank you.

First of all, I'd like to say hello to everyone and welcome to my thread. I have a current and major (I consider it important) issue that I would like discuss with you. I am a new member, so I don't know if this thread would fall under the SSBB forum. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways, on to my issue.

I have been a part of the Anime Club on my campus for about 2 years now. We have our meetings on Wednesdays and Fridays. A few semesters ago, Fridays were declared as "game day" where someone would bring in a random console and we would play with whatever we had. This semester, I've always brought my Wii in and we would always play Brawl. We can't play with a PS3 or 360 because there is fewer people in our club during the summer and even if there were more, most of them don't have a 3rd gen console.

Okay, I'm going to get straight to the point. We've been playing Brawl on Fridays for a while now, and I'm trying to think up of how I can make it more exciting. It's always been 5 stock matches with 4 people playing, and sometimes we do 1 on 1. We always play on stages that some of the people consider "fair", such as flat stages or stages where the stage doesn't "kill you". We play with no items, with the exception of Smash Balls because it hypes up the club. Always on a low setting. We play Brawl from 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM and sometimes we leave early, or we stay overtime. Very repetitive and boring if you ask me.

This is where you come in. I want you guys to decide what matches we play and how we play it. I will take one entry from each member at a time. Note that all of your entries can revolve around 4 players or 1 on 1. Here's an example of what I want you guys to input.

Number of Players: 4
Normal or Special Brawl: Normal
What settings: 5 stock, items on high, time limit 5:00, percentages off, etc.
What stage: Flat Zone 2
Anything else?: No Smash Balls.

You don't necessarily have to follow the form, but it's just an example of what I want. Also, include anything you want except the character selection. You could even include Coin matches and crazy random stuff. I just need input so our club doesn't get bored, so please give some good ideas. Our last meeting for this semester is on August 1st, so I'm giving everyone 5 days to give out their ideas. Next Saturday or Sunday, I'll tell you how it all went including a different response with each idea. I'll visit this thread constantly, so don't worry about your post not being attended to. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:02 am
Normal or Special Brawl: Normal
What settings: 5 stock, items on high, time limit 4:00.
What stage: Final Destination
Anything else?: No smash balls, smoke balls on.  

Jonnnn

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:17 pm
when my friends and I get bored off plain 4 on 4 or 1 0n 1 brawling, we do something like this:

Number of players: 4
Normal or special Brawl: normal
What Settings: 4- 5 stock, Smasm balls on high, no time limit.
What Stage: Random
Anything else: Everyone plays as random characters, set to team battle

Thism ixes it up a bit, keeps you away from normal stages, and lets you have fun with other characters you normally don't play. Other items can be added besides the smash ball.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:15 pm
For a change in pace, and quite a lot of laughs here and there... this is what I normally do with friends:

Normal or Special Brawl: Special
What settings: 1 stock, lightning, Sudden death, Percentages maxed
What stage: Random
Anything else?: More like a hint for all of those participating... don't get hit and have fun. These won't normally last more than 10 seconds, which is what makes it so entertaining. 3nodding  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:14 pm
1v1
Normal
1 Stock, Time Limit: 10 min., Damage Ratio: 0.5, No items
Battlefield/Final Destination

Epic 1 on 1 feel, etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:21 pm
Chaotix Bluix
For a change in pace, and quite a lot of laughs here and there... this is what I normally do with friends:

Anything else?: More like a hint for all of those participating... don't get hit and have fun. These won't normally last more than 10 seconds, which is what makes it so entertaining. 3nodding
Silly person. We never did Lightning. The damage ratio was set to 2x, though. If you're going to mention Lightning, you'd better mention Light gravity, as well. We also didn't have any items at all, but you could just as easily put those in.  

darkslasherX
Crew

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:29 pm
Wait what? We?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:01 pm
darkslasherX
Chaotix Bluix

Silly person. We never did Lightning. The damage ratio was set to 2x, though. If you're going to mention Lightning, you'd better mention Light gravity, as well. We also didn't have any items at all, but you could just as easily put those in.

Aww... come on... we may have not done lightning, but with 4 people... it makes the matches that much faster.
Anyways, I didn't mention items simply because the matches end long before items really make a appearance. stare  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

Mezzo_Forte

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:35 pm
User Image

My brother and I sometimes do what I call "theme matches".
For example: Pokemon.
Players are pokemon.
Nothing but pokeballs. (Sometimes smash balls for the hell of it.) Basically items that are based from whatever game the players were from. (Or whatever you think fits to the theme.)
The stages (like the items) are from whatever game the players were from.
I think everyone has done this at least once, but it's fun.

My favorites are all ROBs, nothing but explosive items.
And also all King Dedede with the same items as the ROBs.
Sometimes I have TOO much fun and blow myself up instead of someone else. twisted I love booms.

Sorry for not following the template. sweatdrop
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:22 pm
player:1 on 1(4 if team battle.4 ffa would be kind of crazy)
no smash balls,5 stock,no time,no items,percentage u can see,no special

stage sad these are my favs) pirate ship,pictochat,the pokemon stadiums,spear pillar(can get annoying with palkia)hyrule castle,and one of my custom stages :]  

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:25 pm
Players: 2
Normal "brawl"
Settings: 4 stock, no items, no time limit