Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Pureblood

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:34 pm
User Image

Ok, Batman has been around a long time.
I like the new movie , and a few of the comics.. But who else thinks heath ledger brings out the best Joker? Ever.

It was sad that he died , but that also made the people want to see "The Dark Knight " even more.

What sucks is that people associate the dark "sadistic" side of the joker with goth culture (Or So I Heard).

Not only is it unfair to us, but nobody usually ever actually looks into the facts,. they tend to listen to whatever false accusations the Roman Catholic church tells them .. They think that wiccans worship the devil (HA Satanist don't even associte with the devil or god, in that matter) or that all goths are witches.

Hollywood is ever tainting the beautiful name of "Goth".  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:29 am
Heath is the SECOND best Joker.

Mark Hamill is the best.

Anyway, Dark Knight, its good, but its not spectacular.

By the way, who really would associate an anarchic sociopath with goth culture? Isn't it more indicative of the desires of punks?  

Rellik San
Crew

Lady Pureblood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:25 am
I guess someone who doesn't know either of the sub-cultures could mistake his behavior for either "goth" or a rebellious punk...

You never know biggrin

And that's your opinion, i keep mine biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:49 pm
Rellik San
Heath is the SECOND best Joker.

Mark Hamill is the best.

Anyway, Dark Knight, its good, but its not spectacular.

By the way, who really would associate an anarchic sociopath with goth culture? Isn't it more indicative of the desires of punks?

Agreed, but Heath's performance was spectacular.

I don't know who would associate him with the culture (misguided people?) but I know a damn lot of people who associated him with me. "Hey Alexx, I just saw the Dark Knight and The Joker kinda reminded me of you, no offense you're not gonna blow me up for fun are yah?Hehe.....So how 'bout some pizza later?"

cool wink twisted  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Lady Pureblood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:53 pm
Hehe really? that's cool.

Yeah i think it was just misguided people who thought up the who thing of "the joker is goth Oh No" type of thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:35 am
Eternity Green

Yeah i think it was just misguided people who thought up the who thing of "the joker is goth Oh No" type of thing.
Well, if that's the case, there really is no need for further discussion about it.

*takes out a large crate filled with rabbits, opens it, sits on the ground, and starts sorting the rabbits out by colour, whistling a jaunty but slightly creepy little tune*

I saw it again last night, it was the pick-me-up of me day. I went skipping out of the theatre at 10:30 at night, hardly anyone else was there. razz And I noticed something I didn't notice before, Heath has a nice nose.

So.....*finishes sorting out the rabbits, starts making little leashes out of string for them*....who else thinks that "why so serious?" will become a mildly popular pop-culture saying for a while?  

Henneth Annun
Captain

xXPyro Maniac VampireXx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:16 pm
This movie was by far the best batman movie ever made. I'm not saying that Heath Ledger was the best joker ever, but the movie was pretty epic. Jack Nicholson did an amazing job when he played the joker and Heath is definitely in close second.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:21 am
gothic_larz_666
This movie was by far the best batman movie ever made.

Best live-action Batman movie ever made.

The animated film "Mask of the Phantasm" remains the best Batman film, live-action or animated. Seriously, it's fantastic.  

GilAskan
Crew

Eyelash Curlers and Stars

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:34 pm
XWraith_LordX
Eternity Green

Well, if that's the case, there really is no need for further discussion about it.

*takes out a large crate filled with rabbits, opens it, sits on the ground, and starts sorting the rabbits out by colour, whistling a jaunty but slightly creepy little tune*

I saw it again last night, it was the pick-me-up of me day. I went skipping out of the theatre at 10:30 at night, hardly anyone else was there. razz And I noticed something I didn't notice before, Heath has a nice nose.

So.....*finishes sorting out the rabbits, starts making little leashes out of string for them*....who else thinks that "why so serious?" will become a mildly popular pop-culture saying for a while?

That became a huge internet meme before the movie was even in theaters.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:50 pm
Eyelash Curlers and Stars
XWraith_LordX
Eternity Green

That became a huge internet meme before the movie was even in theaters.
Even more so now though....*stares at you from the corner with rabbits*  

Henneth Annun
Captain

trampyre

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:49 pm
Am I the only one here who didn't think it was amazing?

It was too long, the plot was too confusing, Two-Face's CGI half was distracting (also, Aaron Eckhart wasn't convincing as the villain... he was fine as Harvey Dent, but not a good Two-Face), and ...Heath Ledger.

Now, IMHO, Heath Ledger was at a turning point in his career in this role. He was much better in The Patriot, and other similar 'good guy' type roles. I think that eventually he could have grown into a role like this one, but, I believe his performance was immature. HE could have done it somewhere down the road, but not yet. He's a good actor, or had the potential to become one, don't get me wrong.

I was less impressed with Christian Bale this time around. He wasn't as attentive to the 'mask' of Batman and didn't really emote with it as much he did in the preceding Batman Begins. Acting from behind a mask is a challenge. It requires skill. If you want to see a good example of it, look at Hugo Weaving in V for Vendetta. Not bad for a screen actor.

Really the only impressive thing about this film were the gadgets a-la James Bond. Those were really the only things that kept me interested, apart from waiting for a Heath Ledger scene to impress me (or, at least not make me cringe).

The actors who really held the film together and made it somewhat passable were Sir Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, and Morgan Freeman.

Chris Nolan really let me down, I'm sorry to say. And IMDB is now totally full of crap in my mind as far as ratings go; I don't trust them anymore.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:32 am
trampyre
Am I the only one here who didn't think it was amazing?

Read my post. I.e. Good, but not spectacular.

trampyre
It was too long, the plot was too confusing, Two-Face's CGI half was distracting (also, Aaron Eckhart wasn't convincing as the villain... he was fine as Harvey Dent, but not a good Two-Face), and ...Heath Ledger.

And what do you base this on? Eckhart was a good Dent and a solid performance as two face, if anything he was better then Heath as a villain. As for too long, I'll agree 3 hours is a bit extreme, as for confusing, it wasn't at all confusing, if you actually realise the Joker has no specific goal or aim and just wants to cause as much chaos as possible. If anything the story was way too simplistic for a character of such complexity.

trampyre
Now, IMHO, Heath Ledger was at a turning point in his career in this role. He was much better in The Patriot, and other similar 'good guy' type roles. I think that eventually he could have grown into a role like this one, but, I believe his performance was immature. HE could have done it somewhere down the road, but not yet. He's a good actor, or had the potential to become one, don't get me wrong.

"His performance was immature"... HE WAS PLAYING A CHARACTER CALLED THE JOKER! what did you expect from a character traditionally associated with a purple and green tuxedo?

trampyre
I was less impressed with Christian Bale this time around. He wasn't as attentive to the 'mask' of Batman and didn't really emote with it as much he did in the preceding Batman Begins. Acting from behind a mask is a challenge. It requires skill. If you want to see a good example of it, look at Hugo Weaving in V for Vendetta. Not bad for a screen actor.
Except Hugo only played V for half the film and just VO'd the rest. It hardly counts. Secondly what do you expect from editing that was designed to favour Heath's character in every aspect of the film?

trampyre
Really the only impressive thing about this film were the gadgets a-la James Bond. Those were really the only things that kept me interested, apart from waiting for a Heath Ledger scene to impress me (or, at least not make me cringe).
*Shrugs* thats your call.

trampyre
The actors who really held the film together and made it somewhat passable were Sir Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, and Morgan Freeman.
I agree that those 3 weren't used nearly enough in the film. But I wouldn't say they held it together.

trampyre
Chris Nolan really let me down, I'm sorry to say. And IMDB is now totally full of crap in my mind as far as ratings go; I don't trust them anymore.
IMDB ratings are based on what other people say, infact any ratings score expressed is the opinion of the individual reviewer, not a be all and end all. Which is why I trust Jonathan Ross's reviews, because in the past it has shown we have a similar taste in film.  

Rellik San
Crew

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:32 pm
meh too over hyped, too long, etc...
i liked it..it was OK good for a remake..and thats all it'll ever be to me a re make. i liked a couple of jokers scenes but thats IT other than that.... it didn't do it for me.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:38 pm
xX x0mbie Xx
meh too over hyped, too long, etc...
i liked it..it was OK good for a remake..and thats all it'll ever be to me a re make. i liked a couple of jokers scenes but thats IT other than that.... it didn't do it for me.

For the last time...

ITS NOT A REMAKE!

Jesus, why is it that a film about Batman... which happens to have... GOD FORBID the Joker in it, you know given the Joker is Batmans arch-nemesis, considered a remake? Even though its totally different in tone, feel, and oh yeah.... PLOT to the ******** Tim "Anyone who knows me, knows I'd never read a comic" Burton film?  

Rellik San
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:18 am
Weird. I don't think I've EVER heard anyone call "The Dark Knight" a remake of Burton's "Batman". Even in the concentrated ignorance of Gaia's Entertainment Forum, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that.

Hell, I just googled "The Dark Knight is a remake" and got no results (on the first page) of anyone trying to make the argument that it was.  
Multimedia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff