Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Twilight Observation

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jellycones

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:59 pm
I was re-reading Twilight today, and I came across something that had me curious.

On page 207 (paperback) Bella asks Edward what he would do if somebody dared him to eat pizza. As you know, he took a bite of it then pushed the plate towards Bella. Then Bella started eating the same pizza slice.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Edward's teeth covered in venom..hence the fact that he won't "get carried away" with Bella while they kiss? So if his teeth are covered in venom, and he took a bite of pizza...venom would remain on the slice of pizza (being human, saliva comes off our teeth when we bite into food aswell..) so wouldn't she get venom into her system? Even if it was just a little bit?

Hopefully this makes sense. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:18 pm
Jellycones
I was re-reading Twilight today, and I came across something that had me curious.

On page 207 (paperback) Bella asks Edward what he would do if somebody dared him to eat pizza. As you know, he took a bite of it then pushed the plate towards Bella. Then Bella started eating the same pizza slice.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Edward's teeth covered in venom..hence the fact that he won't "get carried away" with Bella while they kiss? So if his teeth are covered in venom, and he took a bite of pizza...venom would remain on the slice of pizza (being human, saliva comes off our teeth when we bite into food aswell..) so wouldn't she get venom into her system? Even if it was just a little bit?

i thought that awhile back too!

then i realized: when you swallow something,
it doesnt nessisarily go into your bloodstream.

and also, i think you need direct blood to venom
contact. not going through the stomach first.

OH! i just remember something....

*runs off to stepheniemeyer.com*

dang!
couldnt find it. i thought somebody had asked something
similar to that in a FAQ.

anyway... i think that since the venom has to go
through the stomach first, it wont do anything.

and it must be okay since Edward licked her
lips in Eclipse. stare

Dine with the Damned

Jellycones

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:42 pm
Your My Brand Of Heroin
Jellycones

i thought that awhile back too!

then i realized: when you swallow something,
it doesnt nessisarily go into your bloodstream.

and also, i think you need direct blood to venom
contact. not going through the stomach first.

OH! i just remember something....

*runs off to stepheniemeyer.com*

dang!
couldnt find it. i thought somebody had asked something
similar to that in a FAQ.

anyway... i think that since the venom has to go
through the stomach first, it wont do anything.

and it must be okay since Edward licked her
lips in Eclipse. stare
Yeah, now that I think about it that makes a bit more sense!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:45 pm
Edwards fangs are like a snakes fangs. The venom is released through a small nerve in the tooth. And Edward can keep these valves shut so that the venom doesn't come out. But, he can also will the valves open to release the venom. He won't get carried away with Bella because he's afraid he would loose control and let the venom out. Understand?  

ADreamForTheDead

7,350 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200

Brittany of the Red Rose

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:52 pm
I don't think he was afraid of getting out of control when kissing her but he does have super strength and it could hurt her if they were to go to far.....I dont think that made much sence but I tryed....  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:22 pm
Your_Harliquen_Romance
Edwards fangs are like a snakes fangs. The venom is released through a small nerve in the tooth. And Edward can keep these valves shut so that the venom doesn't come out. But, he can also will the valves open to release the venom. He won't get carried away with Bella because he's afraid he would loose control and let the venom out. Understand?

nope! the vampires have absolutely
no fangs. their teeth are so sharp
against our butter-like skin, that fangs
are completely unnecessary.

his saliva is his venom. he dosnt have
valves that can turn his venom-flow on
and off. much less holes in his teeth.

Dine with the Damned

kira kira fuwa fuwa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:35 pm
Your My Brand Of Heroin
Your_Harliquen_Romance

nope! the vampires have absolutely
no fangs. their teeth are so sharp
against our butter-like skin, that fangs
are completely unnecessary.

his saliva is his venom. he dosnt have
valves that can turn his venom-flow on
and off. much less holes in his teeth.

Exactly. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:47 am
Wow I hadn't even thought of that.  

-I_Love_Loony_Luna-

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer