Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Zombies. Seriously.
Martial arts an effective anti-zombie tool

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Again: This term for a long handled gardening tool can also mean an immoral pleassure seeker
  A Hoe
  A Rake
  Ma b***h
View Results

diseased robot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:33 pm
i would say a martial arts expert is as deadly as a shotgun or a pistol in close range i mean you don't have to waste bullets, its faster and cmon you cannot say you could actually shoot a zombies head in less then 2 second (I don't care if you could)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:21 am
I'd only use it as a very last resort, because the risk of getting bitten goes up.  

Shadow Deadeye

SharkieDraws

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:47 pm
Martial arts has a wide variety of styles. It usually involves close-quarter combat, so if you're referring to completely unarmed combat, then that's extremely dangerous. It's not recommended.

Then again, if you're willing to carry around a staff/fencing saber/kendo stick all day, make sure it's extremely sharp and durable for slicing into those zombie noggins. DO NOT use a fencing foil, they're useless against zombies. And remember, always clean your weapon thoroughly after every encounter.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:24 pm
problem.
your going to need something that can destroy a skull to kill the zombie, and durable enough to be used more than once.
a machette comes to mind, but what if you dont crack the skull on the first hit?
an expert would be fine, but most techniques would be to stop a person, but few to actually destroy the skull.  

exploding-waffles

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:16 am
exploding-waffles
problem.
your going to need something that can destroy a skull to kill the zombie, and durable enough to be used more than once.
a machette comes to mind, but what if you dont crack the skull on the first hit?
an expert would be fine, but most techniques would be to stop a person, but few to actually destroy the skull.

A hammer  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:09 am
From Resident Evil 1 movie, a scratch is sufficient.

Cut yourself on an exposed bone, tooth or part of it's clothing and bang, you're infected.  

OberFeldwebel

exploding-waffles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:33 pm
chainmail/one man humanoid submersible ftw.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:28 am
Wrong. In order to use martial arts, you have to get close to the target, and that increases the chance of infection. As a last ditch effort, you could use it, but it's very dangerous.

Machete: Severs the head without having to crush the skull. You only need to do one or the other, in most common situations.  

Inquisitor Brock

Wolf Nightshade

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:01 am
I would get a racing suit like the bikers wear all leather with a good MC helmet. I make chainmail and know where I could get some. After this as long as I am not overwhelmed by a horde my Katana and I would be kicking some zombie a**. If they can't bite through the leather or dog pile on top of you your safe enough so long as your smart. Stay near shelter and have a real back up weapon.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:40 am
I would think that an unarmed martial arts style that teaches how to escape from holds and throw/unbalance an opponent, such as Judo, could be a lifesaver in close quarters combat, but it'd be a defensive technique to avoid getting bitten and not a method of killing zombies. You'd still want a weapon, and the martial arts training to use it.  

Variola Major

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:04 am
Variola Major
I would think that an unarmed martial arts style that teaches how to escape from holds and throw/unbalance an opponent, such as Judo, could be a lifesaver in close quarters combat, but it'd be a defensive technique to avoid getting bitten and not a method of killing zombies. You'd still want a weapon, and the martial arts training to use it.
Isn't Judo essentially the Japanese version of olympic wrestling?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:27 am
Fresnel
Variola Major
Isn't Judo essentially the Japanese version of olympic wrestling?
yes and no... judo uses cloths as holding points, wrestling ur fighting almost naked... judo uses alot of submission moves like chokes and arm locks... wrestling is all pins and gaining points from throws... judo has points from throws to... both are very close, useing alot of grappling to unbalance ur opponent...  

Maddness91

Zombies. Seriously.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff