Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
The power of forgiveness Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XeroRyn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:34 am
it seems like i always forgot where i had posted =P

so if any threads that i didnt post back or whoever wanted for me to post back im soo sorry

Okay about forgiveness...this for the Christians in this thread...

Who have the power to forgive sin?

Why Jesus have the ability to redeem for his people?

What is your 'term and condition' for redemption or atonement?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:43 pm
That's a good question 3nodding

The protostants just have their bibles and have some pillars who tells not to lie and to love other people and stuff like that...

But i don't know about forgiving...  

Zaakii

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:05 am
I'll keep my first two answers simple, and if you want more info, just ask User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
XeroRyn

God does.
XeroRyn

Because Jesus is God.

XeroRyn

We have something called the Sacrament of Confession, otherwise known as Reconciliation. This is something totally unique to Catholicism, so I'm not sure what other Christians do.

This sacrament is where you go to a priest of a parish (another term for church) and you go to a tiny, private room. Now you have the option of sitting face to face with the priest or to kneel behind the screen that is there. You go there to confess your sins. Now, the believe is that the priest is merely a physical manifestation to confessing your sins to God. Like to give emphasis that you are asking God's forgiveness. HE IS NOT GOD OR ATTEMPTING TO ACT LIKE GOD. The priests listens, and at the end you are given absolution and penance. Penance ranges from saying a bunch of certain prayers to doing community service, ect. It depends on the individual. Now the priest is FORBIDDEN BY CATHOLIC LAW TO TELL ANYONE ABOUT YOUR SINS ONCE YOU CONFESSED. So you don't have to worry about gossip spread about your dirty deeds.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:55 am
Ratri_Cat
I'll keep my first two answers simple, and if you want more info, just ask User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
XeroRyn

God does.
XeroRyn

Because Jesus is God.

XeroRyn

We have something called the Sacrament of Confession, otherwise known as Reconciliation. This is something totally unique to Catholicism, so I'm not sure what other Christians do.

This sacrament is where you go to a priest of a parish (another term for church) and you go to a tiny, private room. Now you have the option of sitting face to face with the priest or to kneel behind the screen that is there. You go there to confess your sins. Now, the believe is that the priest is merely a physical manifestation to confessing your sins to God. Like to give emphasis that you are asking God's forgiveness. HE IS NOT GOD OR ATTEMPTING TO ACT LIKE GOD. The priests listens, and at the end you are given absolution and penance. Penance ranges from saying a bunch of certain prayers to doing community service, ect. It depends on the individual. Now the priest is FORBIDDEN BY CATHOLIC LAW TO TELL ANYONE ABOUT YOUR SINS ONCE YOU CONFESSED. So you don't have to worry about gossip spread about your dirty deeds.

Soo u say Jesus is god? Jesus is Jesus's son, ehh?  

Zaakii

XeroRyn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:01 am
why jesus is god? and which god is GOD?

why we need to confess to the priest instead of we pray to god ourselves?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:01 pm
and also i was wandering who you pray to? jesus or god? im confused

and why is jesus a human and what decisions does jesus take on?

and if he is a god like you say he is then why did he need mary to care for him?
and why was he born shouldnt he just be there?
and isnt it an insult to god to have a powerless human form??

also couldnt jesus save himself when they were crusifying him?

also where does joseph come into this? because mary was a virgin there was no man involved?

and what religion was jesus preeching about - the religion that he wanted y'all to become? surely it wasnt christianity because that came after his crucification on the cross and christianity was derived from then?

also who wrote the bible -- it cant have been jesus becasue he was ''dead''?

also what language is the bible actually written in -- a christian friend didnt know and her parents didnt know either?

the reason that i am asking these questions is beacause i dont understand and i have a christian friend who is soo so religious and she goes to church every sundays and is part of soo many christian church groups and reads the bible - allot--

smile  

spottystripes

Zaakii

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:25 pm
spottystripes

and if he is a god like you say he is then why did he need mary to care for him?

also where does joseph come into this? because mary was a virgin there was no man involved?

and what religion was jesus preeching about - the religion that he wanted y'all to become? surely it wasnt christianity because that came after his crucification on the cross and christianity was derived from then?

also what language is the bible actually written in -- a christian friend didnt know and her parents didnt know either?

the reason that i am asking these questions is beacause i dont understand and i have a christian friend who is soo so religious and she goes to church every sundays and is part of soo many christian church groups and reads the bible - allot--

smile

Let me answer what u know...

1- They pray to Jesus, since it's there god neutral

2- Jesus was a human to make christianity in their eyes, i think...

3- Ya it's pretty insulting for god to be a human... Good questions indeed!

4- No answer razz

5- That's bullshit... Esa(saw)'s mom had sex with some man... And then she got pregnant, that's the real reason razz And also the most logik 3nodding It was normal that time, and it's still normal! Many people gets kids beffore marriage lol It's whery normal that a 1-9 years old whill be in its parrents marriage rofl

6- Hmm... Poor Esa! People tock the real bible, and made a false one crying The real bible was writen by Esa(saw), and it was the muslim one!

7- Some of his "Helpers/Betrayers" made it... You know those evangelistians(dunno how to write)

8- Your saying that your christian friend and her christian parrents don't know what language it is eek I diden't know people was soo stupid in England surprised It's Latin! Latin was the common language of Europe that time, and people learn latin in the U.S.A. Schools!

You know, the chatoliks say the bibble is soo special that it must be readen only in Latin, while the protostants says it must be readed in any language soo everybody understands it...

But since it was writen in the east, i really wonder howcome it was on Latin?

9- A relegious christian surprised Belive me, there is not many of those! Acturally i can tell you that about half of my class don't belive there is any god... But they are part of the church becuz it's a tradition lol

And the belivers, don't know much about christianity! I think i know more lol  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:28 am
Zaaki

6- Hmm... Poor Esa! People tock the real bible, and made a false one crying The real bible was writen by Esa, and it was the muslim one!

It was written by Allah stare  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Zaakii

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:31 am
tassan
Zaaki

6- Hmm... Poor Esa! People tock the real bible, and made a false one crying The real bible was writen by Esa, and it was the muslim one!

It was? Sorry, then i whill change it razz Thanks for the info 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:23 am
Zaaki
tassan
Zaaki

sorry i was wrong i asked someone else to conform my self!

and i knew that the bible is not the true INJIL (the book of Isa s.a.w)

and Injil is the sayings of Holy Prophet Isa (saw)

and bible only contains (-)10% of Injil that means

neither Bible is written by Allah nor Injil  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Zaakii

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:36 am
tassan
Zaaki
tassan
Zaaki

sorry i was wrong i asked someone else to conform my self!

and i knew that the bible is not the true INJIL (the book of Isa s.a.w)

and Injil is the sayings of Holy Prophet Isa (saw)

and bible only contains (-)10% of Injil that means

neither Bible is written by Allah nor Injil

stare Then i whill change it again stare sweatdrop

But Mistekreuz pmed me once that the real bible was thaken by a clan...

And the christian bible is writen by evangelistians(they say that themself!) that lived in that time, and they wrote about Esa(saw)!

And you guys know that it was lies 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:11 pm
spottystripes

We pray to both, because they are one and the same.

spottystripes

Jesus is believe to be 100% human and 100% divine. He is God incarnate.

spottystripes

According to Christain tradition, God became flesh. Therefore he had cravings of the flesh and needed caring as a young child. Mary was also a great source of support for Jesus as well.
spottystripes

We believe Jesus to be the fulfillment of the Hebrew prophecy of the forhtcoming Messiah. Again, we believe that Jesus who is God was the "word made flesh" God can do anything and he chose to come to us and spread his message this way. If he wanted to just appear, he'd do that instead.
spottystripes

Jesus wasn't powerless. He was 100% human and 100% divine. He had protection from the heavens but did not exercise them. He also performed miracles. I wouldn't say that he was powerless.

spottystripes

He could have, but HE CHOSE NOT TO. He died to bring us truth and salvation, according to Christian traditions. He died so that the gates of heaven could be opened. After adam and eve had committed the first sin, no one was allowed into heaven. Not even Moses, Isaac, Jacob, Abraham...the whole lot. After Jesus died, the gates of heaven were open.

spottystripes

Joesph married the Blessed Mother because of the tradition of the time, for an unmarried woman to be pregnant was not safe nor liked at all. He is considered the protector. Mary was already pregnant through the power of God. The shroud of Turin, the piece of cloth that wiped Jesus's face up to calvary was having blood diagnostics run by a Jew. He found out that there was only one strand of DNA (usually you have two, one from the mother and one from the father) and he converted to Christainity. Because it's not humanly possible otherwise to have 1 dna strand.

spottystripes

Jesus preached a message of love. Not the typical "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" deal that so many people have come to practice in that part of the area and even among Jews. He taught "turn the other cheek" and "love your enemy'
The image of jesus hanging on a cross? That is our symbol for love. He died willingly, like a lamb led to slaughter, not resisting, to bring truth and salvation to everyone who listened and followed.

spottystripes

Many, many different people wrote the bible. Even our scholars aren't sure who exactly wrote them, except that the new testament was written in Greek and our old testament, the hebrew scriptures was based of the Septuagint (Greek form of the Hebrew Scriptures). Greek was the common language of the time, even most Jews spoke Greek at the time and few actually knew hebrew fluently.

spottystripes

The original form is Greek, athough the bible is published in many different languages and forms, depending on which branch of Christainity someone is from.

spottystripes
smile
nice.
Well I must say, Christains hae many different branches of the faith. But they all trace their roots back to the original christain faith, which is Catholicism/Orthodoxy. We are different from other branches because we do not rely on the concept of "sola scriptura" which means that knowing scripture alone determines faith. We believe that there is alot more to religion than that.
:3
I hope I answer your questions. If you have more, feel free to ask.

and Zaaki, don't ever EVER EVER speak for a Christain again. you just look ignorant and stupid. I won't ever speak for Muslims because I don't know all that much about the faith. YOu shouldn't speak for Christains, because most of what you spat out was garbage.  

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:14 pm
tassan
Zaaki

ÉN verekszik részére Isten , országom és családom

-_- the people who wrote the scriptures were INSPIRED BY GOD according to Catholic Tradition. not directly by God. big difference.

...kit ugye verekszik részére?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:29 am
if Jesus is god why did he died...? N why do a god need a flesh?  

XeroRyn

Pheonixia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:32 am
It's funny that Christians still have learned proper math.

You said 100% human 100% God

That makes 200%

How the heck does that even make sense to your mind?  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff