Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AccioFunds
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:39 pm
User Image

User Image

Older Sortings may be viewed here in our Library.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:50 pm
Ok! First years, listen up! I know you're all new, but you'll get used to this place. Now, this should be one of the first stops you make when browsing through the guild. You want to be sorted, right?

In order to get sorted, you must answer some questions and post your quiz results in this thread.
For the questions, please answer them honestly.

Let's say the question is, "What would you do if you were faced with taking a test, however, you know that you didn't study for it. What will you do? Will you copy off of someone, or will you keep it blank?"

SAMPLE ANSWER
"I would not cheat nor leave it blank. I would try my hardest to complete the test with what I know, and even guess on the answers I didn't know."

User Image
Questions

1. You find a wallet lying on the ground. You pick it up and look inside. Inside, you find an ID. So, what do you plan to do with the wallet? Do you give it to the police, or try to find the owner? Do you keep it? Oh, I almost forgot to mention that inside the wallet there is quite a bit of money.

2. You are waiting at a street corner for a green light. While waiting, you spot an elderly lady with a lot of bags. No one is going over to help her. Are you going to go help her, or will you ignore her? What will you do?

3. Your friend is being attacked, you stand there and watch for a bit as your friend struggles against his or her foe. Well, are you going to help your friend? Are you to scared to do so? Do you stand there and watch in horror, or are you hoping that your friend will become injured?

4. Your friend is in trouble again. You know how you saw him or her fighting with someone, well whoever that someone works for has kidnapped your friend! You realize that no one has noticed that he or she is missing yet. What will you decide to do? Will you go after your friend and try to rescue him or her,or will you gather a group of close friends and go after him or her? Will you leave this matter alone or will you tell the headmaster? Maybe, just maybe you were the one who sold them out. No, that can't be it, can it?

5. You are walking through what is considered to be a muggle forest. You look around and all you see are the normal muggle creatures, right? You spot something unusual on the ground near you. You take a step closer to the unknown object. To your surprise you find a mythical creature. You remember learning about them from someone, but at the moment you can't recall what you had learned. Anyway, you notice that there is blood around the mythical creature. Upon further inspection, you see that the mythical creature has a wound. You also know that the mythical creature is going to die. Now, you suppose what to do; you think about the choice you want to or do not want to make. So, it is up to you now, to decide what path you are going to choose. All I have left to say, is pick carefully.

6. Which Hogwarts House do you NOT want to go to?  

AccioFunds
Crew

AccioFunds
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:51 pm
Results!

Please contact Aquajade with any and all questions regarding your sorting. Thank you.

Go to our Hogwarts House announcement thread to find which House you belong in.

There you will see your username under one of these Houses: Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, or Gryffindor. Your name will be sorted into one of the Houses soon after you've answered the questions, so look under "First Years" to see which house you now belong to. The lists are in alphabetical order.

Generally, you will be sorted within 24 hours. After 24 hours has gone by, then you may contact any Head of House about your Sorting.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:24 am
1. You find a wallet lying on the ground. You pick it up and look inside. Inside, you find an id. So, what do you plan to do with the wallet? Do you give it to the police, or try to find the owner? Do you keep it? Oh, I almost forgot to mention that inside the wallet there is quite a bit of money.

First I would try to find the owner. Then, if I can't find the owner, I would take it to the police. Even though I would be tempted to, I wouldn't take any of the money from the wallet.

2. You are waiting at a street corner for a green light. While waiting, you spot an elderly lady with a lot of bags. No one is going over to help her. Are you going to go help her, or will you ignore her? What will you do?

As soon as I see her I would go over and help her.

3. Your friend is being attacked, you stand there and watch for a bit as your friend struggles against his or her foe. Well, are you going to help your friend? Are you to scared to do so? Do you stand there and watch in horror, or are you hoping that your friend will become injured?

I would first stand in horror. I would be really scared but I would try to help her when she really needs my help.

4. Your friend is in trouble again. You know how you saw him or her fighting with someone, well whoever that someone works for has kidnapped your friend! You realize that no one has noticed that he or she is missing yet. What will you decide to do? Will you go after your friend and try to rescue him or her,or will you gather a group of close friends and go after him or her? Will you leave this matter alone or will you tell the headmaster? Maybe, just maybe you were the one who sold them out. No, that can't be it, can it?

First, I would call some for friends as backup in case i needed it. I would also tell them to go tell the Headmaster. Then I would go to rescue my friend.

5. You are walking through what is considered to be a muggle forest. You look around and all you see are the normal muggle creatures, right? You spot something unusual on the ground near you. You take a step closer to the unknown object. To your surprise you find a mythical creature. You remember learning about them from someone, but at the moment you can't recall what you had learned. Anyway, you notice that there is blood around the mythical creature. Upon further inspection, you see that the mythical creature has a wound. You also know that the mythical creature is going to die. Now, you suppose what to do; you think about the choice you want to or do not want to make. So, it is up to you now, to decide what path you are going to choose. All I have left to say, is pick carefully.

I would try my hardest to help the poor creature. I would cover it's wound and, if possible, carry it to someplace where it can be healed properly. I would then do my best to make sure it is as comfortable as possible.

My least favorite house is Slytherin.  

II shy sakura II

ktbrie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:52 pm
1. You find a wallet lying on the ground. You pick it up and look inside. Inside, you find an id. So, what do you plan to do with the wallet? Do you give it to the police, or try to find the owner? Do you keep it? Oh, I almost forgot to mention that inside the wallet there is quite a bit of money.

Because it has ID I would look the person up in the phone book and call them, if there wasn't ID I would probably only ask poeple around me then it would depend on how much if it was like 50$ I might keep it just because it would be too much trouble but if it was more I would feel too bad.

I would if she was really strugling with them or if she asked.

Umm, ok I probably wouldn't watch for any length of time, I mostly likely would have stopped it before it happened, but if my friend had picked a fight I woud have let them get hit then helped.

Ok, what type of people am I hanging out with that get into fights with like druglords or something, yeah I seriously doubt I would be friends with them but for the sake of it I'd say kidnapping is too serious to do anything by myself I think I would tell someone important but pay close attention to stuff to try and catch things others might miss then I'd go all Nancy Drew on the meanies who kidnapped my friend.

Ok I love animals, so I probably wouldn't forget what it was because care of magical creatures would be my favorite class, but again for the sake of it, using common sense I would try to stop the bleeding and if that was possible and assuming the injury would allow it I would try to move it to somewhere it could be helped. If the bleeding could not be stoped or if it was in too much pain I would try to put it out of it's missary.

Well I like them all just fine, but I like that that is a factor.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:47 pm
1. If I found a wallet on the ground like that, I would hand it over to the police so they can to return it to the rightful owner.

2. In the situation, I would go over to the elderly woman and ask her if she needed some help. If so, I would help her.

3. If my friend was being attacked, I would go over and help them.

4. If my friend was kidnapped I wouldn't go off on my own to recuse them, even if I had a group of friends. I'd go tell a professor or the headmaster and tell them all I know, even if it was my fault.

5. I would try to care for the creature as much as I could before it died and after it had died I would bury it so the muggles wouldn't find it.

6. I suppose one house I wouldn't like to be in would be Hufflepuff. Though I can't say I'd want to be in Slytherin either. Any house will be fine I guess.  

Egerie

Mixora

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:52 pm

I would probably give it to the police. Unless I see someone nearby who would match the ID, if it was a driver's license or something similar, then I would give it to them. I wouldn't keep it for myself, although I would be extreeeeeemeeellyyy tempted. But I'm pretty sure I wouldn't.

I might go over and ask if she needed help...but some days I might not. Not proud of that, but it's the truth.

Hope my FRIEND gets injured? If it was my enemy, sure, maybe, but my FRIEND? All houses have friendships! I wouldn't stand there and watch, I would go after the person! I'd probably be too mad to be scared...

I'd get my other friends together, but I would definitely leave a note to some authority figure on what had happened, in case we didn't come back. Like they do in detective novels biggrin

First of all, not meaning to be nitpicky, how do I KNOW it's going to die? If I know for a fact it's going to die, I might as well not drag it off to somewhere for help, although if I'm in a Muggle neighborhood then I wouldn't do that anyway, I guess. I would try to take care of it where it was, and try to remember what it was. Unless of course I was of age and could, say, Apparate to St. Mungo's...

Please not Hufflepuff. Ugh.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:41 pm
I would look around for the owner first,if I did not find him I would turn it in to a police station so they may return it to it's owner.
I would help her carry her bags wherever she wants me to carry them to.
I would help him or her there is no way I would leave a friend in need to fend for themselves.
I would gather a group of close friends and go and try to find him or her, if that did'nt work I'd go to the headmaster.

I would end the creatures misery because I know it'll end its pain,though I would hate doing it.
I do not want to go to Slytherin.

lost grrl

SuzelovesJamesPotter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:41 pm
I would go and look for the person to return the wallet. Then I would return it.

2. You are waiting at a street corner for a green light. While waiting, you spot an elderly lady with a lot of bags. No one is going over to help her. Are you going to go help her, or will you ignore her? What will you do? I would go and help her until she was safely across the street.

3. Your friend is being attacked, you stand there and watch for a bit as your friend struggles against his or her foe. Well, are you going to help your friend? Are you to scared to do so? Do you stand there and watch in horror, or are you hoping that your friend will become injured? I would put up a fight and defend my friend.

4. Your friend is in trouble again. You know how you saw him or her fighting with someone, well whoever that someone works for has kidnapped your friend! You realize that no one has noticed that he or she is missing yet. What will you decide to do? Will you go after your friend and try to rescue him or her,or will you gather a group of close friends and go after him or her? Will you leave this matter alone or will you tell the headmaster? Maybe, just maybe you were the one who sold them out. No, that can't be it, can it? I would go by myself and help my friend.

5. You are walking through what is considered to be a muggle forest. You look around and all you see are the normal muggle creatures, right? You spot something unusual on the ground near you. You take a step closer to the unknown object. To your surprise you find a mythical creature. You remember learning about them from someone, but at the moment you can't recall what you had learned. Anyway, you notice that there is blood around the mythical creature. Upon further inspection, you see that the mythical creature has a wound. You also know that the mythical creature is going to die. Now, you suppose what to do; you think about the choice you want to or do not want to make. So, it is up to you now, to decide what path you are going to choose. All I have left to say, is pick carefully. I would help it and then hunt down who ever did it.

slytherin  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:33 am
First I would try to find the owner. Because it has ID I would look the person up in the phone book and call them, if there wasn't ID I would probably only ask poeple around me. Then, if I can't find the owner, I would take it to the police. Even though I would be tempted to, I wouldn't take any of the money from the wallet.

As soon as I see her I would go over and help her.

Hope my FRIEND gets injured? If it was my enemy, sure, maybe, but my FRIEND? All houses have friendships! I wouldn't stand there and watch, I would go after the person! I'd probably be too mad to be scared...

First, I would call some for friends as backup in case i needed it. I would also tell them to go tell the Headmaster. Then I would go to rescue my friend.

Ok I love animals, so I probably wouldn't forget what it was because care of magical creatures would be my favorite class. First of all, not meaning to be nitpicky, how do I KNOW it's going to die? If I know for a fact it's going to die, I might as well not drag it off to somewhere for help, although if I'm in a Muggle neighborhood then I wouldn't do that anyway, I guess. I would try to take care of it where it was, and try to remember what it was. Unless of course I was of age and could, say, Apparate to St. Mungo's...

I suppose one house I wouldn't like to be in would be Hufflepuff. Though I can't say I'd want to be in Slytherin either. Any house will be fine I guess.  

Vampire Hermione

Moe_sexy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:02 pm

I will make sure it is not a muggle wallet,take the money toss the wallet and make sure I make fun of the person whose id it is for losing his/hers wallet.

What woman and if she is having so much trouble she should have her house elf doing the work.

Tease him/her for being so weak or tell them to get off there lazy but and do something they are better then this person they are fighting.

Its his/her fault does not effect me. Hey my life will be better without them.

Well put it out of its misery and see if its dead carcass is worth any money.

6. Which Hogwarts House do you NOT want to go to? slytherin  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:28 am
1. Go to the police, give it to them and say where I found it.

2. Help her, never mind the light!

3. Give the foe a good kick in the @!$£

4. Go with one close friend and kick some butt!

5. Try my hardest to help the poor thing.

6. Hufflepuff!  

The Flower Seller

Amelia Prince

5,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:43 am
1.I would give wallet in police.They'll find owner easier then I will.

2.I would help to old lady,If she wants of course.I dont wanna get her umbrella or purse on my head...(ouch!)

3.I'll help my friend,even if I'm scared.I'm pretty good with Levicorpus.I would just leave the foe ''hanging around''.

4.I'll inform headmaster,and then gather a group and get in action!

5.I'would try to help him as best as I can.If I have a wand,I'll try to heal his wounds.If not,use a piece of my clothes as bandage,untill i don't get help from someone.If someone asks what is it,I say arabian type of 4 breeds mixture Llama smile

6.Not want...Uhm....I go where I belong...(I hope i go to Gryffindor...or Slytherin smile )  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:02 pm

I would try to find the owner because they might nearby and that would get the wallet back to them much faster than going to Police and letting them handle it. I would not take any of the money because that is dishonest and I value honesty and trust. If I could not find the person than I would give it to the Police.

I would go over and ask if she needed help and even if she declined I would help anyway either by carrying her bags or walking her across the street.

I would rush to help my friend and I would never hope for any of my friends to be injured. I value loyalty and bravery so I would help them the best I could.

I would gather a group of friends and go save my friend. There is strength in numbers so it would be better for me to lead a group of people to go save him/her.

I would try to help the poor creature the best I can either with my wand or by some other means. If I couldn't do anything to make the creature better than maybe a visit to Hagrid would be beneficial.

I would not like to be in Slytherin or Hufflepuff. (I hope I'm in Gryffindor)

4laugh  

Kiara Flume

iPumperdiddle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:33 pm
1. I would take it to the police and resist from taking the money.

2. I wouldn't do anything because I normally would get swatted away.

3. I would be hesitant and then remember my friend would do the same thing for me, and go help her.

4. I would inform somebody of her disappearance and attempt to figure out who the person who took her was. There wouldn't be much I could do.

5. I try to help it as best I can, and if that doesn't work, I find somebody who can help.

6. The sorting hat puts me where it feels I could be great in.
(Though Slytherin doesn't sound too bad <3)

Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff