Reply 41: Host Club and Haruhi Suzumiya
Host club in english Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bearbunny03

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:01 pm
Like the title says The Hosts are comeing to America! Its going to be in english blaugh I liked the subbed and everything but i was wondering what they would sound like in english. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:17 pm
Meh, I'm nervous. The last one that I really wanted to see in dub, the wallflower, got totally murdered by the dubbing. It was terrible! So, I'm just hoping that we don't have a repeat experience.  

squeakers_13

5,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Oh Snap its Jessie

Shy Partygoer

14,275 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Rally Tyro 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:52 am
I'm excited for its release, but I'm also nervous. I hope they do a good job with the dub, because Host Club is one of my favorite animes and I just want them to do the characters justice.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:05 pm
If you go to Funimation.com and look for Ouran, you can go to their website that has a vid of when they introduced the Ouran American Casting. :3 Just if anyone wants to find out who is voice acting the characters.  

Meecha_Yue

LoveNotFailMe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:23 pm
English? Seriously? I'm Excited!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:02 pm
In English they might butter it up a little and censor it like they did for Sailor Moon, not that I'm really complaining. I liked the anime though, it was funny.  

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200

TenguHime

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:07 pm
I've gotta be honest, I'm not optimistic about this at all. The subbed version of Ouran was so fantastic that I don't think any dub could match up to it - especially not any dub that involves Vic Mignogna. *Sigh*

Quote:
In English they might butter it up a little and censor it like they did for Sailor Moon, not that I'm really complaining.

Nah, I doubt it. The industry's come a long way since the original Sailor Moon dub; it's actually kind of rare for anime to get censored anymore. Plus, Ouran's aimed at a somewhat older audience than Sailor Moon was, and there isn't much of anything to censor anyway.

squeakers_13
Meh, I'm nervous. The last one that I really wanted to see in dub, the wallflower, got totally murdered by the dubbing. It was terrible! So, I'm just hoping that we don't have a repeat experience.

Oh, I've heard of The Wallflower. I was kind of curious after reading about it in a magazine. Is it any good?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:22 pm
Personally, I wish they would just leave this one alone.

Some things are just not meant to be Americanized.

Xx_Forever_Loveless_xX

Oh Snap its Jessie

Shy Partygoer

14,275 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Rally Tyro 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:00 pm
Episodes 1 and 2 of the English dub are now available on Funimation's website, if you want to check out how everything sounds. I watched them last weekend, and it took me a lil bit to get used to the new voices, but once I did, I actually kind of liked it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:59 pm
better in japanese  

BigEvilPacman

Shatter-noise

Shameless Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:33 pm
I think the fan dubs were better than the actual dub by funamation.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:25 pm
I'm trying to get use to the dubs .__.; some of the voices just don't sound right for the characters.

By the way I'm new to the guild :3 Hi!  

Kage Hirosuki

squeakers_13

5,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:06 pm
Mmm, I don't know. Some of the voices I think they got down perfectly, but others, *cough cough* *Hitachi twins* *Cough cough* I think coudl have been cast much better. Oh yeah, and The Wallflower is awesome, although I really like the manga better then the anime.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:00 pm
I haven't seen it yet, and I'm afraid to. My friend told me that they made Tamaki(my 2nd favorite character) sound like a gay prick!  

Earthplayer Powerstar

Distinct Citizen

4,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Bored Summer Girl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:03 pm
I really don't like dubs once I've gotten use to the original voices. I don't see how they can get Honey's voice anywhere close to the high octave it's suppose to be.

If you look on youtube, the girl who does Honey's voice talks like that all the time. It's a bit frightening.  
41: Host Club and Haruhi Suzumiya

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff