Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
shirk...!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:02 am
Aslam-Alaykum

i want to ask that is it shirk talking about other gods in other religions?

i mean suppose if a hindu or Christian comes in and starts asking question!! or PROBABLY YOU YOUR SELF ASK A QUESTION RELATING TO ALLAH!!

will it be shirk?

like this thing in my mind
Quote:
well its said that we are the ones who own free will, on the other side we are said "Kunfayakun"(what ever i say, it happens; "ALLAH")

so what my point is...

God says that we are given free will like suppose there are two ways one leads to America and other to Pakistan and now its you who decides where you have to go!! right?

so now as ALLAH said that what ever happens; it happens because HE say it to, so was it ALLAH who gave a thinking of going to Pakistan then America? why? if yes then how we are given free will?

Discuss: Shirk with free will, and questioning ALLAH  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:04 am
for those who do not know:

Shirk is to add an other partner to the entity of ALLAH.  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

XeroRyn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:08 am
owh in our language we call it syirik owh i guess it isnt depends on why r you discussing

for academic purpose yes and make sure that your not beleiving it

better if as you study this god in other religion make your believe stronger as when you talk about them you realise how 'bullshit' thay are and non-as proclaim as powerful as Allah and the true god  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:43 am
XeroRyn
owh in our language we call it syirik owh i guess it isnt depends on why r you discussing

for academic purpose yes and make sure that your not beleiving it

better if as you study this god in other religion make your believe stronger as when you talk about them you realise how 'bullshit' thay are and non-as proclaim as powerful as Allah and the true god

okay 3nodding i believe in ALLAH only

and one more thing!!

i heard this before !!

what does ALLAH do in HIS daily life?

is it shirk?

and also we are said not to do shirik because its the biggest sin right?

so if i put my self at the place of atheist he says that My God says it because ..... i duno something like HE does not like to tell you or something!!

are you getting me?  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:40 pm
Salam alaykum ,
first bro ..mentioning SHIRK in this question is totally wrong xD!!
u must say Kofur .. not shirk ,, coz as u said shirk is adding an other partner to the entity of ALLAH .. and what does that have to do with asking questions about allah .. Kufur is a better word for this question wink
questions relating allah depends .. like some questions are TOTALLY KUFUR .. but some are okay! beacuse u don't understand or u mess understood a thing xD! like this thing u got in ur mind .. it's wrong ,, we don't have a FREE WILL!! allah leads u/us to everything!! and leads this '' free will '' .. allah gave u the free will but also he's the ''CONTROLER '' of it .. that's why when he says KUN .. FA YAKUN .. ;D .

wasalam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:17 am
dark__sunshin
Salam alaykum ,
u must say Kofur .. not shirk ,, coz as u said shirk is adding an other partner to the entity of ALLAH .. and what does that have to do with asking questions about allah .. Kufur is a better word for this question wink
questions relating allah depends .. like some questions are TOTALLY KUFUR .. but some are okay! beacuse u don't understand or u mess understood a thing xD! like this thing u got in ur mind .. it's wrong ,, we don't have a FREE WILL!! allah leads u/us to everything!! and leads this '' free will '' .. allah gave u the free will but also he's the ''CONTROLER '' of it .. that's why when he says KUN .. FA YAKUN .. ;D .

wasalam

well what ever you said i got it!!

but ... sweatdrop !!

okay leme say it clearly!!

Atheist: what does your god do in free time?
Me: hmm? its Shirk thinking that!! confused
Atheist: so you mean your god does not like to tell its people what he does?
huh!! but you still believe it?
Me: yes
Atheist: well he is just illusion like other gods then!!

sweatdrop

(astagfarullah) i am sorry i wanted to say this but did not want to write it down here sweatdrop  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:30 am
What Allah (SWT) does in his freetime? Rofl is that atheist who told you that drunk or something?

By thinking in such a fashion, That would be making a image of Almighty Allah (SWT) Allah Forbid anyone do that, For doing that clearly is against Islam.

Allah (SWT) is separated from "freetime" because he is not trapped to time and laws as we are, For he made these things, And he is the Almighty. So the question is as idiotic as asking "What does your God look like?" Which is of course, Disbelief.

Here is some more on the subject:

Nahj ul Balagha
The foremost in religion is the acknowledgment of Him, the perfection of acknowledging Him is to testify Him, the perfection of testifying Him is to believe in His Oneness, the perfection of believing in His Oneness is to regard Him Pure, and the perfection of His purity is to deny Him attributes, because every attribute is a proof that it is different from that to which it is attributed and everything to which something is attributed is different from the attribute.

Thus whoever attaches attributes to Allah recognizes His like, and who recognizes His like regards Him two; and who regards Him two recognizes parts for Him; and who recognizes parts for Him mistook Him; and who mistook Him pointed at Him; and who pointed at Him admitted limitations for Him; and who admitted limitations for Him numbered Him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:38 am
Haydar the Truthful
What Allah (SWT) does in his freetime? Rofl is that atheist who told you that drunk or something?

By thinking in such a fashion, That would be making a image of Almighty Allah (SWT) Allah Forbid anyone do that, For doing that clearly is against Islam.

Allah (SWT) is separated from "freetime" because he is not trapped to time and laws as we are, For he made these things, And he is the Almighty. So the question is as idiotic as asking "What does your God look like?" Which is of course, Disbelief.

Nahj ul Balagha
The foremost in religion is the acknowledgment of Him, the perfection of acknowledging Him is to testify Him, the perfection of testifying Him is to believe in His Oneness, the perfection of believing in His Oneness is to regard Him Pure, and the perfection of His purity is to deny Him attributes, because every attribute is a proof that it is different from that to which it is attributed and everything to which something is attributed is different from the attribute.

Thus whoever attaches attributes to Allah recognizes His like, and who recognizes His like regards Him two; and who regards Him two recognizes parts for Him; and who recognizes parts for Him mistook Him; and who mistook Him pointed at Him; and who pointed at Him admitted limitations for Him; and who admitted limitations for Him numbered Him.

well sorry!!

i have no way to explain!!

there is no atheist who asked me!!

it was me!!

i just want to make my faith more stronger!!

some times i gota like millions of question to ask!!

but i kill my inner self !!

but now i guess i should ask, to make my self satisfied!!  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:38 am
tassan
Haydar the Truthful

Nahj ul Balagha

well sorry!!

i have no way to explain!!

there is no atheist who asked me!!

it was me!!

i just want to make my faith more stronger!!

some times i gota like millions of question to ask!!

but i kill my inner self !!

but now i guess i should ask, to make my self satisfied!!

Ah, I'm sure everyone thinks as such if your not sure on such things. I suppose it's only shirk when you make a image of Allah (SWT) and keep it (Allah forbid) or if you think of him with other things with him which would be disbelief (Allah forbid).

I suppose the best advice I can give you is to read The Qur'an and if you must, Read hadiths and what not.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:36 am
tassan
dark__sunshin
Salam alaykum ,

wasalam

but ... sweatdrop !!

sweatdrop

(astagfarullah) i am sorry i wanted to say this but did not want to write it down here sweatdrop

xp r u seriouse bro?? .. how could u tell an atheist those answers?!
u must've told him/her that ALLAH doesn't have a free time .. and stop playing coz what ur asking is not a seriouse question. HOW could a GOD that owns the earth/galaxy/heavens and the hole WORD has a '' FREE TIME '' like us '' normal ppl '' .

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:16 am
dark__sunshin
tassan
dark__sunshin
Salam alaykum ,

wasalam

but ... sweatdrop !!

sweatdrop

xp r u seriouse bro?? .. how could u tell an atheist those answers?!
u must've told him/her that ALLAH doesn't have a free time .. and stop playing coz what ur asking is not a seriouse question. HOW could a GOD that owns the earth/galaxy/heavens and the hole WORD has a '' FREE TIME '' like us '' normal ppl '' .

sweatdrop !!

sorry it was lake of information that i filled!!

and thanks Hayder for the advice  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:14 pm
Why would it be shirk..it isn't....!

As Muslims we have a responsibility to answer the questions of others concerning God as best as we can. It called tabligh.

And Allah cannot be thought of as a human..so the question of free time cannot even be answered properly.......

We are not in a position to answer if Allah has free time or not..........
He has the whole universe to take care of for pete's sake........
And he has angels to command.

Etc.  

Pheonixia

☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas