Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kira kira fuwa fuwa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:23 am
wahmbulance
WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW.
wahmbulance
(Highlight the white space below to view.)

Okay. Well, Bella having a baby was super shocking. It was like, what I thought I knew was not gonna happen. But it did. I was super pissed when they called Renesmee Nessie. I mean, that is a horrible name for such a beautiful baby girl, you know? I loved how Edward and Bella got to be closer once Bella was a vampire. They could have sex without Bella dying, they could kiss passionately without Edward wanting to kill her, and Bella felt more attached to him. I laughed when Edward said that he learned how to cook from the food network. I love the food network, so I got a kick out of it. I also loved the parts where Edward destroyed stuff having sex with Bella. She portrayed it very well. Stephenie; another job well done. I think the Volturi were kind of pointless though. I mean, yeah, they were pretty much the whole point of the book, or the plot anyway, and when they came to the Cullen's, it was just kind of like "Hey." "Hi." "Um, we heard there was a vampire baby here?" "Nope." "Oh, okay. We need to kill this girl." "Alright." "Jacob, take the baby! Oh hey Alice." "Okay well we are gonna go now." "Okay." "Bye." "Bye." I mean, woo. That was awesome. And Bella's power was a teensy bit disappointing, don't you think? I mean, woo. Love shield. Over all, I really loved the book, (like all of the series.(well maybe not New Moon.)) I just thought Stephenie could have made a more exciting plot. It was interesting and fun, and very easy to read. I enjoyed it and it was suspenseful, romantic, humorous, and amazing. So, what do you thinl?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:01 am
Yeah I know what you mean by shocking eek ...The whole time I was like "He imprinted on who!?"...and I thought about killing him a few times though... sweatdrop (I will admit it)...but I'm just glad that Bella is a vampire. Her and Edward got married and had kids and everyone is happy. So it turned out well to me. ^_______^  

Claire_Hiwatari

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

alexx1818

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:59 am
there wasn't enough action for me. the plot was...boringish. and besides that, everyone was always sad or angry or disappointed. i couldn't help but be depressed while i read it. and any time something finally got good it would all get screwed up again! i definitely agree with your view of the volturi. it was kinda pointless.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:56 am
My thoughts, expressed in the analogy of a deck of cards:

I knew that the Bella-vampire card was in the deck, but I didn't expect it to be drawn.
The baby-pregnant-Bella-Renesmee card wasn't even in my deck.
The first two books felt like a game of fifty-two pickup, like "Okay, let's throw everything onto the table and see what we get."
At first, I felt quite disappointed, like I was losing at the card game we were playing, or we were playing a game with cards made out of notebook paper--like I was reading a giant fan-fiction.
I wanted some cards to be ripped in half--more people than Irina to die.
I expected a much rougher, yet sporty game. I guess that's what I get for high expections, eh? mrgreen

Anyways, the first day that I had it, I stayed up until nine in the morning and made it through the first book and half way through the second. When I woke up about two hours later, I was so sick that I couldn't even read the book, in fear that I'd puke all over it, which I nearly did, so my second-ish to me day was a bit of a bust. Then, yesterday and today, I busted my a** and....now my book is stained with tears instead of puke, which is a nice alternative, in my opinion at least.
Yeah, I'm sad that it's over, and the book was great, but Steph, honestly? ONE person dying in your finale?  

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

Polyhymnia

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:09 pm
i was happy, kind of surprised but happy, didn't care for 2nd book, who cares about Jacob, i don't! neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:17 pm
Fan fiction is what I think of when I'm reading it.
There are a few wonderful moments in it that make me happy, but...
Aside from those, I'm disappointed.
I love the book, but it's definitely my least favorite out of the whole series.
Edward getting Bella pregnant?
Come on now. :[
Renesmee is sweet, but I'm still kinda pissed about everything.
The only thing I'm truly happy about is Seth.
I love him.

XX__MiSSES BRiGHTSIDE

Rancid Cupcakes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:17 pm
It actually bored me a little....not alot of action, and it was written in a totally different way than the other books were. I think Stephenie felt the need to either rush because of the growing need for the last book, or that it was just too hard to think of a better ending that she liked. I was happy to see that Bella and Edward could have a baby though (she's so cute! But I did think 'she' was going to be a 'he'!), that made me squeal like a fangirl! 'Her name is a mouthful' I think is the way that Jacob put it, and I kind of had to get used to her name too. The thing I was most shocked about was that JACOB IMPRINTED ON HER! I was like ".....SAY WHAT NOW?!"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:00 pm
I don't care what anyone else says I really loved the book. The only thing I would have changed was more Bella time... but beggars can't be choosers. I don't understand why so many people had such a problem with the book... If you check out on amazon.com the reviews they were really mean... I kinda feel bad for Stephanie Meyer...

Also side note.... OMG Nessie and Jacob forever!!
blaugh  

Lina-wings

Blazing Wildcat

10,550 Points
  • Tundra Brawler 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Comrades in Arms 150

stareyed_in_LA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:25 pm
Ok, there were some parts that I thought was pretty ******** up, but I loved how it all turned out to be OK in the end.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:41 pm
I already gave my review in a different thread (and I'm super lazy) so I'm just going to say this much, and I don't if you guys disagree because we all have our opinions:
I actually liked this more than the last Harry Potter. Does that sound weird? The last Harry Potter felt literally like one big camping trip. It could have been over really quickly if you ask me. I mean, I was okay with the ending, but I was content with this one. This one left me feeling happy. Sad because it's over, and a TAD bit disappointed, but okay.
I liked that none of our Cullen's or the shape-shifters died. I would have been devestated had that happened. I hated the nickname Nessie, but I loved her full name. The imprinting thing grew on me. I was okay with the baby pretty early. I loved vampie!Bella. I liked that we got to see Edward totured because it showed us that he's not always perfect (well, I didn't like that he was so upset. I loved him too much.) All in all, I really did enjoy this. Twilight and Eclispe a little bit more, but DEFINATELY more than New Moon.
I'm pleased. There. That's what I mean: I'm pleased. Stephenie gave us what we wanted: the wedding and the turning. So let's be happy with that, okay?  

Koneko Tsukino

Sparkly Hoarder

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:46 pm
Koneko Tsukino
Stephenie gave us what we wanted: the wedding and the turning. So let's be happy with that, okay?
*Raises hand* May I say that I wanted neither?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:07 pm
it was so funny when bella found out who jacob imprinted on >w  

winter spade

RANC!D_UN!CORNS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:01 pm
stareyed_in_LA
Ok, there were some parts that I thought was pretty ******** up, but I loved how it all turned out to be OK in the end.

Took the words right out of my mouth ='P  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:18 pm
I thought it was pretty good. I hear people complaining about the part of the book that was in Jacobs point of view, well lets think about that for a second.....If it was in Bella's point of view not much would have happened, because she was pregnant the whole time so there would have been a lot of sitting on a sofa, pain, and probally puking too. So was there much to miss no there wasn't.

XxThe apocalyptic sporkxX

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Heckler 50

MusicGNote

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:39 pm
Peach Tea Pocky
wahmbulance
WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW.
wahmbulance
(Highlight the white space below to view.)

Okay. Well, Bella having a baby was super shocking. It was like, what I thought I knew was not gonna happen. But it did. I was super pissed when they called Renesmee Nessie. I mean, that is a horrible name for such a beautiful baby girl, you know? I loved how Edward and Bella got to be closer once Bella was a vampire. They could have sex without Bella dying, they could kiss passionately without Edward wanting to kill her, and Bella felt more attached to him. I laughed when Edward said that he learned how to cook from the food network. I love the food network, so I got a kick out of it. I also loved the parts where Edward destroyed stuff having sex with Bella. She portrayed it very well. Stephenie; another job well done. I think the Volturi were kind of pointless though. I mean, yeah, they were pretty much the whole point of the book, or the plot anyway, and when they came to the Cullen's, it was just kind of like "Hey." "Hi." "Um, we heard there was a vampire baby here?" "Nope." "Oh, okay. We need to kill this girl." "Alright." "Jacob, take the baby! Oh hey Alice." "Okay well we are gonna go now." "Okay." "Bye." "Bye." I mean, woo. That was awesome. And Bella's power was a teensy bit disappointing, don't you think? I mean, woo. Love shield. Over all, I really loved the book, (like all of the series.(well maybe not New Moon.)) I just thought Stephenie could have made a more exciting plot. It was interesting and fun, and very easy to read. I enjoyed it and it was suspenseful, romantic, humorous, and amazing. So, what do you thinl?

"I mean, that is a horrible name for such a beautiful baby girl, you know?"
EXACTLY. I was also happy about the advantages of Bella being a vampire, the sex and kissing was much easier. LMAO I love your analysis of the Volturi's visit. It pretty much sums it up. Lmao, oh hey Alice. Newmoon was hard to get through, but necessary.  
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff