Submit

Your opnion?
  NO, way, they are dead. Period.
  I think you're right. :3
View Results

WineChan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:09 pm
My theory:

From the beggining, I didn't think that vampires were "dead". The cullens assumed that because their heart stopped beating, and turning into one could save you from your death. I don't think stephenie meyer actually said that, they're dead. She just said, it's like they're dead. Otherwise, how could they walk around and suck people's blood? xd

For me, being a vampire was like.....time freezing. You're still alive, but you live forever because your day will last forever. That explains the reason why they don't sleep. Their hearts were probably still "alive", but just frozen in time, so that's why they didn't beat.

For the vamp women, no they couldn't have kids. If you want to be pregnant, you'd have to change your body constantly though pregnancy, and to actually keep the baby alive, to constant eat, and for the baby to grow. But it can't grow because time has "stopped" in a vamp female's body. Plus, in the first place, when they've changed, they might've not even had an egg in their bodies, and they couldn't produce anymroe anyways.

For the vamp men, yes, they could have children, but they only have a limited number of sperms though. Like I said , if time stopped, they only have that much sperm in the testicle and if they continued to have sex, and not plant an egg, they couldn't have kids either, because they only created that limited amount of them before they changed.

So, yeah, it's very unfair....vamp women can't have babies, but the men still can.....I'm very happy for edward, he must be the luckiest vamp dad in the world, to still have a wife and a kid. Bloodsucking happy family.

Anyway, that's my theory for the whole Nessie and sperm delema.

And don't start saying that it will never happen, and this is a stupid theory. Look! Edward and Bella had Nessie, and we all thought that was impossible. Besides, lets not forget that this whole story is not real, and SM could make up anything she wants. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:22 am
I agree.
Everyone is like: "how can edward have sperm if vampires can't sweat or cry."
But I think it's because he already had sperm. He was changed at seventeen, so the age is right. The only reason why vampires can't cry and sweat is because to do those things the body has to change a little right? (just my thoughts/opinions)  

kittiko

WineChan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:23 am
kittiko
I agree.
But I think it's because he already had sperm. He was changed at seventeen, so the age is right. The only reason why vampires can't cry and sweat is because to do those things the body has to change a little right? (just my thoughts/opinions)
Exactly 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:50 am
Yep. I totally agree, except for the part where guys would only have a 'limited supply'. I think they'd have enough for the rest of their lives if they had sex everyday, multiple times a day...you get the point. For the female part, I believe it has nothing to do with the egg, but how the body would need to change (like you said) and everything that comes with being pregnant. And I totally agree that Edward is the luckiest vampire in the world, he sure has a one of a kind family.  

Jeweled_raven

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

mto92

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:28 pm
isnt this theory true???
when bella found out she was pregnant she was thinking about how it could happen it was pg 126 it basically explained how it could happen
the only difference between your theory and that part in the book was that it only said that a female vamp body couldnt change like a humans can to be pregnant  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:31 am
I think your theory is correct.

But the thing was didn't SM say in a correspondence, that vamps can't sweat or cry or have bodily fluids (blood/sperm) because the body burns out the supply.

I might have gotten what she said wrong.
But if i'm wrong, i'll happily admit you're correct because your theory sounds so very sound!  

xXserenitys-smileXx

WineChan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:41 am
mto92
isnt this theory true???
when bella found out she was pregnant she was thinking about how it could happen it was pg 126 it basically explained how it could happen
the only difference between your theory and that part in the book was that it only said that a female vamp body couldnt change like a humans can to be pregnant
It's sorta true....I just developed it...into a theory that Vampires aren't dead, they are just frozen in time.......and explained further how they....you know, you've read it 3nodding .  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:42 pm
Well the reason they don't sweat is because the purpose of sweating is to cool the body down, but vampires are already cold. I don't know about crying.  

MusicGNote

Deleted_Forever_Friends

Dangerous Ladykiller

11,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:42 am
To tell the truth, I'm just sooo happy that Edward actually has a child! I was so surprised though to find out Bella was pregnent... eek  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:26 am
kittiko
I agree.

Ok apparently you guys dozed off at the part where Esme was CRYING because Alice and Jasper disappeared. And even so, Bella was questioning it herself and in her immortal state she herself cried. Case solved. Vampires do cry. =3  

La Beaute

WineChan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:05 am
La Beaute
kittiko
I agree.

Ok apparently you guys dozed off at the part where Esme was CRYING because Alice and Jasper disappeared. And even so, Bella was questioning it herself and in her immortal state she herself cried. Case solved. Vampires do cry. =3
Esme was crying, not literaly. She couldn't actually cry out tears. The person you quoted was saying actual tears coming out of the eyes.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:14 am
Ok I admit I was wrong. I over read the part and I took note that it said "tearless sobs" Guess I'm the one who dozed off xD  

La Beaute

-DiseaseFish-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:04 pm
You know what I think?
(AND I'M SORRY)
But I think that Stephenie Meyer didn't have the BALLS to leave one of her characters unhappy.
The book played out like a friggin' disney movie.
EVERYONE got their happily ever afters.

IF Edward DID still have a supply of sperm, it would have died out a LONG time ago. IF you study the human body, you will learn that for semen to survive, it needs to be warm. Edward, I'm pretty sure, is FREEZING.
Not only that, but in the male body, sperm is constantly being reproduced and disposed of through natural courses. Even if the sperm DID survive, it wouldn't be healthy enough to create a baby.

Of course, the sperm could have mutated or something with Edwards vampiric transformation, but even so, the chromosomes wouldn't make sense, like Carlisle pointed out.

It's Stephenies books, they are her babies, and she could do what she wants, but at least J.K. Rowling wasn't afraid to kill off some characters for the sake of reality.
I mean, they didn't even FIGHT the Volturi. WTF?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:07 pm
-DiseaseFish-
You know what I think?
(AND I'M SORRY)
But I think that Stephenie Meyer didn't have the BALLS to leave one of her characters unhappy.

IF Edward DID still have a supply of sperm, it would have died out a LONG time ago. IF you study the human body, you will learn that for semen to survive, it needs to be warm. Edward, I'm pretty sure, is FREEZING.
Not only that, but in the male body, sperm is constantly being reproduced and disposed of through natural courses. Even if the sperm DID survive, it wouldn't be healthy enough to create a baby.

Of course, the sperm could have mutated or something with Edwards vampiric transformation, but even so, the chromosomes wouldn't make sense, like Carlisle pointed out.

It's Stephenies books, they are her babies, and she could do what she wants, but at least J.K. Rowling wasn't afraid to kill off some characters for the sake of reality.
yes but since he's immortal, his sperm was immortal too.....its vampire sperm. It lasts forever. neutral  

WineChan

WineChan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:13 pm
Kittycharm
-DiseaseFish-
You know what I think?
(AND I'M SORRY)

yes but since he's immortal, his sperm was immortal too.....its vampire sperm. It lasts forever. neutral
And if you are infering that when he was human, he didn't have any sperm.....then ..... stare wow.

Plus, what I'm trying to explain is the book's way of science. You know that this isn't real right? Unless you believe vampires are real. I was only trying to express my theory to others about how I didn't think they were dead.

And besides, you read the book, you read it. THERE WAS A BABY. THE AUTHOR WROTE IT HERSELF. And you're still refusing to go along with this story. THEY HAD THE BABY,OK? WHAT EVER YOU THINK WON'T CHANGE THAT.

Also, I did study the human anatomy. I know the fricking diference between meiosis, and mitosis, genetic mutations, and deoxyribo nucleic acid. But, humans also need warmth, and apparently, Edward is not human. And since there are no real vampires (unless you actually believe there are), how can you logicaly assume that vampire's bodies are the same as any other animals? As you remember, Stephenie said that they are non-aging. They can't die of old age, and there fore, there is no chance that the sperm in a males vampire's body is dead, because they are still alive. And who cares if the chromosomes don't make sense? This isn't real. Maybe the reason vampires have more chromosomes is because the venom could have not only mutated, but created 2 more chromosomes, that added to the vampire body ( the venom and the finesse they have).

Plus, I'm astounded that you would insult SM that way. That's a very rude thing to say to anyone!  
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff