Reply The Japanese Guild
How to type in Japanese characters for Windows XP users

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nalid Robinson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:34 pm
considering you have your Windows XP CD just go to Start, Control Panel, Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options and click Add other languages then check the boxes and say ok.

Note: this should be about 600 MB and may take a little time to finish

after doing this there will be a process of what languages you wish to use. I believe the box says details. click add and another box will come up with your default language (most likely English: United States) just click on the triangle and look/add japanese. after doing this close it by saying OK. woot! you now have japanese text support! 4laugh

now you should have this thing called the "Language Bar" sitting on your desktop somewhere. it should say EN meaning english (if that's your default language) now look for japanese or JP and slowly learn to use it 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:39 pm
Thank youu. I always knew it was on the computer to begin with and you just needed to install it, but I never got around to it. :XD  

~Ella~

Ferra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:06 pm
I turned the Japanese text support on, but it won't work! Ah, my Microsoft XP is pretty lame... it messes up often.

EDIT: I got a new computer and I managed to make it work. Hurray!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:22 am
my windows xp is a pirated version it has problems out the wazoo  

the_chibster

Nalid Robinson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:21 pm
ya all you need to do is put in your pirated disc xp it has all that stuff on it 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:52 pm
ありがとう ございます!! I finally got japanese characters on my computer! and it took me an hour to do that. razz  

moonlightxxstars

Ukiyumi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:46 pm
It worked! I think.... ... .... ...  
I am not sure. This computer is a moron....  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:45 am
aaah! I just accidently got rid of my language bar....grrr *runs around trying to get it back up again* stupid me....I used the language bar on the computers in Japan it never struck me I could use it on mine! I'm so stupid sometimes thankies!  

Nyx408
Crew

Nyx408
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:58 am
 わあ!I sort of have it worked out! just a matter of time now lol 今、 私は 友だちに 早く 手紙を 書きますね!!! Nice! I have it worked out now completely! Kisho you just became my new favourite person  heart    
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:17 pm
I wanted to do it but I don't have the Windows XP CD for this computer! -sobs-  

Foar

Nalid Robinson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:18 pm
x Daisuke-chan x
I wanted to do it but I don't have the Windows XP CD for this computer! -sobs-
i think you can use any Windows XP CD as long as it's the same type (Home, Pro, ect)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:27 pm
Ok, I think I installed it.
Lets try...こにちわ
I think I did it right.... sweatdrop  

astrea19

The Japanese Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items