Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Co-op games Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:33 pm
Does anybody know of any good co-op games? Not multiplayer games where you go online, I talking about the ones where you can play at home with a friend/family member. There are quite a few 2-player games where you can battle each other but I want co-op!

Most of the time, co-op is a single player game with a second player tacked on. Some companies are seriously thinking about producing games where co-op is an important factor in gameplay.

Prob the best I have played in recent times (though it counts as single player with second one tacked on) is The Warriors. It was fun to play with my sis and accomplish goals, and help each other when we got arrested/deaded or swamped by a rival gang.

Anyone else like co-op?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:49 pm
I think Army of Two is developed specifically for Co-Op.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:55 pm
I heard that game was mediocre. Wouldn't know personally.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:06 pm
I miss the co-op days of sega/nintendo.... Me and sis used to play streets of rage 1-3 religiously... still do when she is not studying. When we play Sonic 3 + Knuckles, I am always Sonic and she is Tails!

What system is army of two? The Warriors was for ps2/xbox. It was the only co-op game I ever played on ps2.  

Undine Mystic

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:23 pm
I think army of two is xbox360 and ps3, but from what I understand it's a mediocre FPS that has a lot of co-op crap.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:00 am
Gears of war is a good co-op game. What systems do you have?  

Deathguiser

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:31 am
Lego Star Wars! lawl  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:00 am
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Wario Ware smooth moves
contra
Baulders Gate
Gauntlet Legends/dark legacy
Tales of Symphonia
Most if not all sports games
Final Fantasy VI
Halo
Doom II
Quake I/II
Streets of Rage
golden axe
gunstar heroes
metal slug
Secret of mana
river city ransom
double dragon
Altered beast
Wii play even though there isn't a story really.  

Psychoace

Korean Kracker II

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:25 am
Undine Mystic
Does anybody know of any good co-op games? Not multiplayer games where you go online, I talking about the ones where you can play at home with a friend/family member. There are quite a few 2-player games where you can battle each other but I want co-op!

Most of the time, co-op is a single player game with a second player tacked on. Some companies are seriously thinking about producing games where co-op is an important factor in gameplay.

Prob the best I have played in recent times (though it counts as single player with second one tacked on) is The Warriors. It was fun to play with my sis and accomplish goals, and help each other when we got arrested/deaded or swamped by a rival gang.

Anyone else like co-op?

well if you wait for a couple months, the Xbox 360 is coming out with a lot of Co-op games.
Gears of War 2
Fable 2
and all the other that I'm too lazy to type
I live and breath Co-op  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:33 am
what about Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2?  

Magonarka-2

Mezzo_Forte

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:06 pm
Pay Per Cuts
Lego Star Wars! lawl

Hell yeah.
Has anyone heard of an old PS game called Future Cop?
My cousin and I loved that game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:20 pm
What ever happened to the beat-em-up? I know there are a few out there, but there used to be so many on the old systems... streets of rage, golden axe, and lots of other little gems which I won't list. The Warriors was the ONLY beat-em-up I have played on a modern system. How fun it is to go around with a friend and mindlessly bash your way to victory!  

Undine Mystic

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:13 pm
Undine Mystic
What ever happened to the beat-em-up? I know there are a few out there, but there used to be so many on the old systems... streets of rage, golden axe, and lots of other little gems which I won't list. The Warriors was the ONLY beat-em-up I have played on a modern system. How fun it is to go around with a friend and mindlessly bash your way to victory!

Well last-gen I remember X-men Legends and Gauntlet. And also Zelda: Four Swords and Crystal Chronicles if you have the GBAs for it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:44 am
User Image

I was about to mention Crystal Chronicles too.
I just don't understand why they would need seperate GBAs.
Well, I do, but still. I'd be playing it right now of it weren't for the GBAs. stare
It's too good a game to play alone.
User Image

Mezzo_Forte

Korean Kracker II

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:16 am
the old double dragon game, if you can the old arcade game  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers