Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chibibunny1

4,700 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:44 am
I REALLY like Edward in the books but in the trailers I don't really get the Edward feeling and isn't he supposed to semi long hair?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:50 am
you've got to remind yourself that Robert Pattinson
is human. not the sexy vampire we all know and love.
Robert is the closest we can get to our Edward.

besides, we don't really know what Edward looks like
for sure.

Dine with the Damned

eternity of twilight_22

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:52 am
i think edwards fine.......its bella that i dont like the actor for its just not how i imagined her  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:57 am
Not many people are happy for having Rob Pattinson play Edward, but for most, it's just one of those things that you have to get used to. And plus, the actor can't satisfy EVERYONE'S depiction because people always see him differently.
I will admit that I don't particularly like Kristen Stewart as Bella, but I'll have to see it for myself.

Angels In Anyone

X-Freiheit93-X

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:32 am
Well yeah there are still things about rob i dont like to much like his eyebrows THOSE THINGS ARE HUGE!!!!! lol But SM did say that When rob has make-up on and is filming he look just like she pictured him. And with Kristen she's just to pretty, but yet again SM likes her so im not going to complain to much. But other than that i love the whole cast cept the girl playing Jessica she looks like her but she was trying way to hard in the scene i saw her in.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:17 pm
Thank you. Though it kinda stinks that they can never get the movie perfect because it would be way too long. It's the only reason I sometimes think the movie is weird neutral  

chibibunny1

4,700 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200

GuardianDragonsSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:28 pm
First off, isn't Jessica supposed to seem fake? XD

Anywho, I'm very strongly opinionated where the casting is concerned.

I'll never get used to Robert Pattinson as Edward. For some reason, I always end up imagining him as looking like Howl (after the hair-color changes to black) from Howl's Moving Castle. Don't know why, but it seems to work in my mind...until I come across a reference to the bronze hair... stare But the voice for Howl still works, and I will never ever get past my hearing his voice as such.

Don't even ask me what my opinion is on the actress playing Bella. You will be sitting there a LONG time reading it...but I will say that what gets to me most is not her appearance, but rather her voice; it just doesn't read as Bella to me...

I never thought Carlisle would look anything like what he does in the movie...but I'm just wierd like that, so... *shrugs*

I think that the casting on Alice, Jasper, Esme, and Rosalie is dead on. I always imagined Alice, differently, but I've adopted the movie version. It's like the Jasper in the movie was pulled straight from what I "see" when I read the books. Esme is in the same category as Alice, and Rosalie is in the same category as Jasper.

As for Emmett, I imagined a the sort of face that only looks "right" when he smiles, frowns, or snarls...o.O

I'm just wierd...

And they'll never get the werewolves right for me... (why does Nanaki (as seen in Advent Children, but with a wolf-tail) always come to mind when I think of Jacob in wolf-form?...)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:54 pm
For me Edward and Jasper kind of fit each other's part but.... Though I kinda think Emmett looks perfect. I don't know why I always have a image of Edward with kinda long hair though not as long as Jacob's is.  

chibibunny1

4,700 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200

Rancid Cupcakes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:29 pm
For me, I was PISSED when I first saw that Kristen was playing Bella, that was the only problem I had.....but....I've seen what she can do with her acting abilities....and she's starting to grow on me. So probably by the time the movie is released in in December, I'll probably have no worries. (I'm most anxious to see the meadow scene! I'm wondering how Rob and Kristen will do?)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:29 pm
Edward seems fine too me...(In vampire form.) Bella could be a bit better but, it'll do.
Jackson Rathbone is freaking hot. (a.k.a Jasper)
He looks hot...hmm...they should re-cast Bella for some odd reason, cause Bella doesn't have the gut, and her voice isn't..Bella-ish. rolleyes

M e e G g y

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:48 pm
Sporadic Image
Edward seems fine too me...(In vampire form.) Bella could be a bit better but, it'll do.
Jackson Rathbone is freaking hot. (a.k.a Jasper)
He looks hot...hmm...they should re-cast Bella for some odd reason, cause Bella doesn't have the gut, and her voice isn't..Bella-ish. rolleyes

it sounded weird to me too...
idk... i feel *somewhere in the back of my mind* that she doesn't fit as bella...
but what the hay.....
i just hope it turns out well  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:17 pm
One of my theory's about Edward is that no two are the same, my personal Edward is not what any one else's Edward looks like. So no one would be happy with any actor, so they just picked the best for the part. After seeing Rob as Edward in all the trailors and interviews my Edward has not changed. But when I get to see the movie I hope it still doesnt. Im to much in love with what my mind has pictored for me. <3 So no Rob is not perfect but even Johnny Depp is not right. (BTW IM A HUGE DEPP FAN! So that takes alot to say)  

Sitting On Cloud 9

Lonely Vampire

10,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250

XxThe apocalyptic sporkxX

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:24 pm
Well i'm ok I guess with Robert Patterson playing Edward, we probally won't find anyone better that can read. Its the actress who plays Bella I don't like, I think she looks constantly stoned. (that means high if you didn't know.) And she dosen't look like what I would have thought
Bella would have looked like.

Edit:
And yes Jackson Rathbone is completly sexy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:29 pm
YOU see Edward as having semi-long hair, but not everyone, like myself, see him that way.
In my mind he has hair like Robert does in the trailers.
Plus, Edward is a fictional character, there are millions of different Edwards. He looks different to everyone, so you can't really compare Robert to Edward.
I think they made a good choice choosing Robert though. He doesn't look like my Edward, but I think he'll do a good job portraying Edward, and that's what you have to rate him on.
Because the way Edward acts is commonly held knowledge, it's written in Twilight, what Edward looks like is not.
I think it's only fair to judge after we see the movie, not before.

The second trailer calmed all my fears. From what I've seen, I think Robert is spot on for Edward.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Rancid Cupcakes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:34 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
YOU see Edward as having semi-long hair, but not everyone, like myself, see him that way.
In my mind he has hair like Robert does in the trailers.
Plus, Edward is a fictional character, there are millions of different Edwards. He looks different to everyone, so you can't really compare Robert to Edward.
I think they made a good choice choosing Robert though. He doesn't look like my Edward, but I think he'll do a good job portraying Edward, and that's what you have to rate him on.
Because the way Edward acts is commonly held knowledge, it's written in Twilight, what Edward looks like is not.
I think it's only fair to judge after we see the movie, not before.
The second trailer calmed all my fears. From what I've seen, I think Robert is spot on for Edward.

VERY WELL SAID!!^^  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces