Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Poetry
How do you get ideas? [discussion]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you use songs to help you?
  Yeah, who doesn't?
  Sometimes yes, and sometimes no.
  No, I use something different.
View Results

Honeydukes Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:50 pm
For me, I just decide "I want to make a poem. About..." and say what I feel like would be good for my mood. So then, I write down a quick one, and edit it for about a minute. You?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:53 pm
I recently started writing poetry. I was surfing through yahoo answers and I can across one question, and when I typed out the answer, I realized it was in poetry form. After that, I answered most of the questions like that. It was in singles & dating by the way.  

Zemedelphos

4,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

xXBisexual FlanXx

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:40 pm
Mm*. That's not how it is for me. I'm usually just listening to music or reading when I hear or read a line and I'm like, 'woah, dude!' and I write a poem about what that line is about. Kind of.

((Mm is the noise I make when I shake my head. Don't ask why I type it(I say mm for no, and hm for yes, if that helps).))

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:55 pm
Music is such a huge part of my life. I'm not a musician, I can't really play any instrument, but it inspires a lot of the things I do, both in life and in writing. For poetry though...

I find I'm more motivated to write poems when my teacher tells me to. I'm pretty new to it. I never thought I could write.  

Lyonette

Cherished Strawberries

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:43 pm
I get most of my poems from music. Music is very emotional, and so is poetry. Whenever I hear a song with a melody that is particularly beautiful (or whatever else, so long as it is a strong emotion), I get an urge to put those feelings into words. Poetry is the best way to do this. I forget who said it, but this quote is very true: "Poetry is a composition of words set to music." Because of this, it is natural for music to inspire poetry.

Or...I start with a sentence or word that somehow makes me feel a particular emotion. Such as "serenity." Hearing that word brings to mind a great many things (things such as music, pictures, smells, etc.), and I can use those things to make a poem. It is all about things that make me feel strongly about something. People do this, too, but mostly it is music.

Anyway, that is what inspires me to write poetry. ^_^  
Poetry

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff