Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Is it supposed to be like this? (Social Bunny & Work)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MarianasLlama

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:16 pm
I am the Mindfreak...There's no reality, only this world of illusions....

So, I was waiting for my social bunny to appear, 'cause my sims social bar was in the red, and, I heard the noise, but no bunny appeared. Later, I discovered that the bunny actually WAS there. But, I could only see it, and interact with it, when I have the sim who's social bar caused the appearance of the bunny, as the active sim.

I've had the same thing happen with the crazy doctor guy who comes to fill your aspiration meter as well.

Is it supposed to be like that?

Another random thing that's been happening is that after a person gives birth, the message will appear saying they get another 3 days off to take care of the baby, but, then the car pool shows up, and makes them go to work D:

The first thing that came to mind when I pondered over these, that I would suggest to someone else, would be "You've ******** your game with boolprop" But, I've never used that cheat in my life.

What's happening to my game? D: D:

EDIT: it only occured to me after I posted this, that I could have just edited my existing thread to contain these questions. Oh well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:00 pm
Nothing is wrong with your game.
Your sim just has to not go to work those 3 days.
and the social bunny is only there for one sims so it wouldnt make since for it to like make everyone else feel better to  

Sundance Rendevous

Dapper Member

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

MarianasLlama

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:08 pm

But, the car pool shouldn't show up for those three days then.

When she doesn't go, it takes off of her paid vacation days.

And, I always thought that everyone could see and interact with social bunny =o

Maybe I'm thinking of the original sims?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:15 am
Your game does sound screwed as far as the work situation.

As for the Social Bunny, only the socially deprived Sim can see them so you can only see the bunny when that Sim is selected. You may notice other Sims make the crazy hands move when your Sim is interacting with the bunny.
If there are TWO Sims on the lot that need a bunny then they will get one each and you will be able to see both providing you select one of the Sims that can see them. Their bunny will look solid and the other bunny will look translucent like a ghost. The bunnies can interact with each other as well if you ignore them.

The doctor only shows for the low aspiration Sim as well.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:21 am
The carpool will still show up because your sim can still go to work, as long as you have a nanny, even though they have three days off after the birth.
It is optional. 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:26 am
Menaceman
Your game does sound screwed as far as the work situation.

As for the Social Bunny, only the socially deprived Sim can see them so you can only see the bunny when that Sim is selected. You may notice other Sims make the crazy hands move when your Sim is interacting with the bunny.
If there are TWO Sims on the lot that need a bunny then they will get one each and you will be able to see both providing you select one of the Sims that can see them. Their bunny will look solid and the other bunny will look translucent like a ghost. The bunnies can interact with each other as well if you ignore them.

The doctor only shows for the low aspiration Sim as well.

Really?

Okay ^^ I guess I've just always been the active sim in the situations, or just never noticed it before =o.

MarianasLlama

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items