Submit

Ceribri
Captain

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:53 pm

I'm not saying favorite characters or anything, I'm saying in terms of plots and overall entertainment... sure, Monk has more seasons under their belt, but I think Psych's usually a lot funnier (probably because it was designed that way)..

There are plenty of Monk episodes that have made me really sad, or even cry, but this last Psych episode (Daredevil) had this ending scene with Shawn that was rather sad, and I think it proves that they can write more serious endings, only they haven't.

So.. discuss! smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:18 pm
i think monk is better but i still love psych. both shows have certain things about them that are completly hillarious.  

dead angel from heavan

Azure Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:31 pm
I love them both equally 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:56 pm
I like both but I like Psych better, because it's funnier.  

CatalinaCat

Risu-chan72217

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:21 pm
As I said in my introduction I like Monk better. I can't help it.... I think he's adorable. 3nodding
As for psych I will say its not a bad show, but for some reason I just don't like Shawn. I find him annoying on occasion. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:02 pm
I love them both, but I have always loved Monk more. Monk was one of the first shows that I've gotten into. It has made me cry and a few episodes were sad. The characters are great, they make the show. It's really funny and I hope it continues. =D  

Arkham Unleashed

YAY 9000
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:56 pm
I haven't actually seen that many Psych episodes, so I can't say for sure. I do know Psych is funny, and Monk seems to be getting... less... good. I still love it, but I'm a bit worried their going to start doing stupid things, 'cause they make very awkward scenes between Natalie and Monk, which is... disstressing, to say the least.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:26 pm
I like Psych more, but that's probably because I have seen more Psych episodes.  

cutepupster38

fidelity issue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:18 pm
Psych is definitely my favourite of the two shows. Sure, I have more in common with Monk but that's probably one of the main reasons I like Psych more.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:01 pm
well i think monk is better cuz the character like adrian monk, stottlemeyer, disher, and natalie are funnier than sean spencer and gus, and i am more comfortable with monk cuz its been around longer, although every friday night i watch new monk's but i still watch the new psychs cuz the characters are still quit funny, like sean, gus, julie, lassiter and of course sean's dad.  

Akerutae

Peyton moore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 pm
i think monk is. It has been nominated for emmies and phyc has not. It is more complex and down to earth. it shows people can live with ocd and what its like. It has a better cast and crew. the reason why it is going so long is because people love it. Phyc was not able to even beat the ratings of burn notice.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:16 pm
Peyton moore
i think monk is. It has been nominated for emmies and phyc has not. It is more complex and down to earth. it shows people can live with ocd and what its like. It has a better cast and crew. the reason why it is going so long is because people love it. Phyc was not able to even beat the ratings of burn notice.

But Burn Notice is a good show!! I love it!  

cutepupster38

Ms Spork

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:20 am
To me, Monks seems more "plot based". The cases are more involved and indepth. It's funny, in a more subtle way, but also serious/sad at parts. (Pretty much everytime Trudy is brought up). The minor characters (victims, witnesses and perpetrators alike) are very fleshed out, which is a major win.

Psych, meanwhile runs more off the characters interactions, jokes, and pop culture refrences. The cases seem easier and lighter (I'm almost always able to actually figure 'em out!). It's more of a laugh out loud funny, good for when you feel like some lighthearted fun.

So far, to me Monk superior. However, Psych is young yet, who knows where it'll go. (Heres hoping it'll go far!)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:54 am
I thik Monk is better. It's my favorite show.. n_n  

Ocku

just h2o

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:03 am
the first couple seasons of monk were better but now psych is better  
The Main Page

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers