Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Monk/Psych Fanguild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Monk, Psych, House, USA Network, television 

Reply Are you a fan of delicious flavor? (Psych discussion)
Pop culture references!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ceribri
Captain

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:00 pm

I love the references to the movie Holes (Dule Hill was in that, too!).. the quote as well as the lipstick kiss on Gus' forehead in Season 1.

I also liked the one-line reference to the show House, in a long list of things that had the word 'house' in them. rofl

MAKE A LIST! heart

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:03 pm
The whole episode 'Murder?…Anyone?…Anyone?…Bueller?' was full of references to corny teen movies of the 80's, mostly one's by John Hughes.  

Chadwick Malcolm

6,700 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Jynxed1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:06 pm
Is it really possible to make a list of all of them?!

I love at the end of "Murder... Anyone?...Anyone?...Bueller?" Which is in and of itself a pop culture reference, at the end, where they walk across the football field in a obvious Breakfast club reference! And where he goes by the name of the guy from the Breakfast club all night. biggrin

My mom and I just can't stop laughing from the references when we watch the show!! biggrin They're so awesome! I want to meet the writers of that show SOOOOOOO badly!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:28 pm
I LOVED the Holes reference in that episode. Loved that movie and book.
When I watched it again recently, I just realized that Gus was in it and nearly yelled at the television screen, "That's Gus!!"

LadyMarcy

6,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Lantanna Cammara

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:28 am
They made a lot of references in An Evening with Mr. Yang.
Oh, and then there was that time Lassie asked Shawn and Gus about their process and they mentioned Thundercats.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:17 pm
In High Noon-ish before they fall into the mine, Shawn calls Gus Winston Zeddmore. You know, the black guy from Ghostbusters.

Great Stuff! lol  

Sarakatneko

Sarakatneko

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:20 pm
Jynxed1
Is it really possible to make a list of all of them?!

I love at the end of "Murder... Anyone?...Anyone?...Bueller?" Which is in and of itself a pop culture reference, at the end, where they walk across the football field in a obvious Breakfast club reference! And where he goes by the name of the guy from the Breakfast club all night. biggrin

My mom and I just can't stop laughing from the references when we watch the show!! biggrin They're so awesome! I want to meet the writers of that show SOOOOOOO badly!!!
Shawn looked like the guy from the breakfast club when he was in high school lol  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:56 pm
I love the episode where they talk about Holes, and Gus has never heard of the movie (when the actor who plays him was in it lol), and the episode where shawn and gus are disguised as scifi characters, and the guy calls them because "the black guy from star trek is chasing him"... And Shawn always makes references to cheesy 80's movies... so many but that's all i can think of right now.. dramallama  

Smexi Chex Mix

Dapper Darling

10,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Are you a fan of delicious flavor? (Psych discussion)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games