Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Breaking Dawn?
  I loved it.
  hated it.
View Results

celestialheiress

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:27 pm
okay im creating this topic because I am totally astonished with Breaking Dawn. It was so off the wall and so fan-fictiony I couldn't even contain my despair.

I apologize to all those fans who loved it.

It just wasn't my cup of tea.

I loved Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse...but it seemed like Breaking Dawn was rushed and had a lot of growing up to do...

book 1 2 and 3 could have seriously been their own trilogy which I think should have happened. It was too much information to cram into 700 pages...

BAM theyre married... BAM they have sex BAM here's a half-vampire baby! BAM jacob imprints...Happily ever after???!!!

ugh. I don't know I was just hoping for it to go slower I guess and not be so predictable.

so how many of you were disappointed??? honestly?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:50 pm
I got to be honest, it wasn't my favorite and yeah it did seem like I was reading fanfic. But I still love the series and still enjoyed my reading.  

La Beaute

T0m03

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:35 pm
I wouldn't say I hated it, but I did kinda feel disappointed. I have major beef with Jacob and that's why I wasn't too happy with his big part of the book. It's so unlike the other books is all. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just I would rather not read about Jacob and how he feels because I don't care and I will continue not to care.

It did seem like it was a little rushed but I can understand why it was all in one book because the honeymoon comes after the wedding and pregnancies happen (even to a vampire and human couple apparently) so it wasn't as if Stephanie Meyer could hold that off for a completely different book. I would say that I would prefer the series to be longer, but then again, I wouldn't like having to wait for another year or something for the next book to come and then the next book, etc, etc. I lose my focus and completely forget about buying the next ones and then I stop reading the series without knowing the end, which bothers me, until the books aren't sold anywhere anymore. So yeah...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:41 pm
I can say it's by far not her best I fell in love with the seris but not the entire of any of the book I hate slow parts in books unless they are nesisary. I went through 500 pages the night I got it but then it took me forever(it seemed like) to finish the last 200-some pages. I though I would be the only one not satisfied by the book. obviously that is not the case. I don't know what I was looking for but I too was looking for somthing...more. My favorite part of the book was the Jacob part I can't say why honestly.  

Landon Grey

RisSohma

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:23 pm
*raises hand high*

It wasn't just the off the wallness of it. It was also the way that she treated the characters. Until the third book, Emmett, Alice, Jasper, Esme, etc didn't even have a personality. They were all grouped together as one unit that didn't act as indivisuals. And in this entire thing Bella was completely different. I understand that the love someone has for a child is one of the most precious things, but she kinda lost her love for Edward. If you compare the way that she felt for him in the first 3 books, to the way that she felt for him now, it sounds like they've been married for years and not only a few months!

But the unrealisticness definitly made it bad. The day before it came out I had joked and said that everyone would end up happy in the end.... but come ON. Bella has a half VAMPIRE baby, Rosalie finally gets to play mom, Jacob imprints on her child and says that the only reason that he loved her was because he could sense that she would have the baby, even before it existed. The Volturi left without so much as a fight?

I find it unrealistic that Bella suddenly fell out of love for jacob, too. Even though she had said that her love for him must have been that of a brother, she did enjoy his kiss and if Edward hadn't existed then she'd have been with jacob. So why, suddenly, did she just step back?

Yeah... I agree.

*raises other hand as well*  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:56 am
-Tenatively raises hand-

Aw, screw the timidness.
I really didn't like it.

First of all...okay, I guess I saw the wedding coming, and the sex, but...baby?! I honestly didn't think Edward could have children. So, that was a little strange.

Secondly, how Bella and Edward's relationship changed. They totally lost their spark. In the first three books, Bella was smitten with him, he was her world and vice versa, then in Breaking Dawn (at least, after Renesmee was born), that just wasn't there. Isn't Edward and Bella's love the whole reason behind the series? And no, I'm not including the fact that Bella became a total sex fiend.

Thirdly, I was dissapointed that everything worked out...too perfectly. The baby was born, Bella became a vampire, Jacob imprinted so he got to stay in Bella's life, nobody died (except Irina), and happily ever after. I mean, I was all pumped for the Volturi to attack, and then they don't?! What the hell!

I don't know, there was just so much more that made it not preferable. Oh yeah, and I agree that it was far too 'fan fiction-y'. I could swear I read something like it before on the internet....

PiiKA x chu

mywings

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:00 pm
im not going to lie..i loved what happend in the book but yes yesyes it was to fast to stuffed ect....i do wish it was spread out more to idk books?? that i think would have worked better.....i love the books but idk if its just me but it always seems like meyer is putting to much into one book.....twlight could and should have been 2 books....same with breaking dawn....i also think it was fan fictionish SAD!! and yes it was all to perfect....i feel like im waiting for something to pop up on the news and say opps wrong book published
but i still loved it simply cuz it was well writen and a good story if only that  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:21 pm
Like I said before. I still think the book was rushed and a bit sloppy.
It had its interesting parts (ones that still made me hyperventilate).
It has potential to be better but it just disappointed me.
And like I sad before also.
So many gifted vampires and no fight?! Now that was downright wrong!

Evil_Dark_Kitty

celestialheiress

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:47 pm
I totally agree with you guys... I just wanted to see the bella/edward love thing...and it was almost totally gone...they were acting as if they'd been married for centuries not a few months...and the baby was waayyyy too much...it just made it so outlandish...

ugh.. I wish she would rewrite it...or something...geez.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:01 pm
Though, I loved it--a majority of it, anyways--it did seem ridiculously rushed. It was a lot of stuff back to back. The part that got me the most was the ending. It just gave off a "tra la la" happy ending. Made me a bit sick. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm all for happy endings, it's just this was a bit too sugary, ya know? All that drama for everything to turn out perfect in the end? Say huh?  

Post Coital Cookie

Bloblike Loiterer

Post Coital Cookie

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:03 pm
Evil_Dark_Kitty

EXACTLY!! That part will forever irk me! I need to go find a fanfic where they DO fight and someone actually dies, not to be morbid or anything. Just saying. A bit of realism wouldn't kill anyone. Well, except one of the main characters.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:58 pm
OMG I loved the book! I loved the entire thing I knew jacob was going to imprint but wow Bella's response was like holy crap.....................Poor Seth  

Free_E-3_Spirit

circus_freakshow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:43 pm
Evil_Dark_Kitty
Like I said before. I still think the book was rushed and a bit sloppy.
It has potential to be better but it just disappointed me.
And like I sad before also.

I agree with you.
I just didn't like the book at all. Non of the characters were them selves *except for Jacob, but who cares?*, the book was to rushed and I felt like she wasn't enjoying writing the series anymore, like the books ended at Eclipse *anyone understand what I mean?* and to be honest in my opinion the series did end at book three for me. After reading Breaking Dawn I found it was unnecessary book. and Edward and Belle just was... gone... It felt like the weren't in love just physically in love. and wtf is up with her powers?? And how Jacob imprints on her baby? EWWWWW Ok all in all hate me or agree with me, it was not Stephenie Meyer best work, she could have done so much more with it but didn't, she lost her flame for the series, and It was a more What The F*** kind of book. It was also a incredibly STUPID of her to have them get pregnant. Like how clesha *If that is how you spell it* is that, get married when 18 and then have a baby?? I just would rather pretend the book was never written and Leave by my own ending. Edward and Belle get married, she is gets turned, the have vampire smex. Jacob imprints on a hot freach girl * that is what he needs*, Charlie and the mom live their life, the Cullens and Tanya's family combine. Oh and The wolf pack all find very lovely tourist chicks to imprint on *well at lease the ones who haven't imprinted on anyone before breaking dawn* smile )  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:56 am
Such a waste, i wonder if Aro was here, would he agree with me?

I love Stephenie Meyer, i love her plots and her imagination and most of the time her use of metaphors.

But this ... this thing you call Breaking Dawn? Pahhh! EVERYTHING WAS TO FREAKING EASY!
And it was easy to see where the book was going, afterall why SM introduce the babeh vamps that crush villges because they're forever stuck in they're terrible twos so late in the series!
Of course i wanted Jake to imprint, but not on this hybrid thing!

Hell, the closest we came to a fight in this story was Bella beating on the rock!
Oh and do not get me started on the Volturi, how many are in the guard may i ask you? How many have abilities? WHAT WAS THE RATIO???? And yet they go back to Italy swishing their cloaks between their legs!
Oh and of course Bella controls her gift at the last moment, how could we not see it coming? And do not get me started on how she couldn't shield Edward from Tanya's zaps but seconds later could do it for the Loch Ness Monster....

There's more i can happily talk about but i still have to finish a website for Homework.

Ciao!  

xXserenitys-smileXx

Kaira T v2

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

7,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:43 am
I hated it. It didn't make any sense at all.

What kind of name is Renesmee? Meh. Also, Meyer said in an interview back in 2006 that her vampires couldn't produce children because their body organs stop working. If that's the case, then how could Edward have even produced sperm? The pregnancy in general doesn't make sense.

Bella is completely out of character, as are the rest of the Cullens. Edward was okay as far as his normal character is concerned, but everyone else was way too OOC for me. It seemed like a fan-fiction. It didn't even feel like it was part of the series. It felt like it was something a child wrote.

=/  
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces