Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Warned by her companion Dié that Tishtar had possible returned, Mio had left her small home that they considered the main 'House' to see if she could find her blue-coated companion. Though Mio had indeed sent her out to search for news of anything, she really hadn't expected to find out that she had brought someone back.

Nervously, the lioness continued on her path, keeping herself alert for the waterbuck. Her jewelry made soft noises as they bumped into one another, a sound that almost mimiced rain. The jungle was thinning out as she continued her way, making the lion relax a bit more. She assumed that Tishtar would meet with her first, and only then would she meet this stranger. She never expected for it to be the other way around.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:03 pm
User Image

She was nervous wandering around by herself. Tishtar had told her where Mio would be and had sent her off on her way. She hoped that she wasn't going to run into anyone strange while heading there. The little waterbuck had told her that the lands were pretty empty but still. What if she ran into Mio's mate? He might not like her wandering around here.

Pausing she looked around once she started to notice an odd noise. She couldn't quite place what it was since she'd never heard anything like it before. It reminded her of rain, but it wasn't cloudy and she couldn't see rain anywhere.

"It's just my imagination, that's all...."

TheMadHatter

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:17 pm
Mio's body haulted as she heard a stranger's voice. She strained her ears to hear it again, but it seemed to have fallen quiet. Odd. She let her tail dangle along the soft clearing's floor, the beads that twisted around her tail dragging on the ground as they shadowed after their master's movements.

Content that no danger was imminent, the lioness raised her head up. "Tishtar's companion?" she asked out into the air, awaiting a reply. Shallow, soft confidence grew within her. She needed to grow strong for her home, and if indeed their numbers grew, she only knew that they would look at her as a leader. Not as a follower, as she had always been before this.

"There is nothing to fear if you are."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:26 pm
She jumped when she heard the voice and scrambled back to her feet. "Y-yes ...." that had sounded like another female so hopefully that was the Mio that she was suppose to meet. If not, well they had said she had nothing to fear if she was there with Tishtar.

"Are you Lady Mio?" Since she was standing up she peered around in the direction of the voice hoping that she could spot the other female.

TheMadHatter

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:31 pm
With her ears swiveled forward, Mio was able to locate where the voice was coming from. Slowly, she let herself emerge from where she was, glancing around slowly to see where this stranger was. Her eyes soon saw the form of the stranger. Younger than she would have guessed, but that meant little with what would be in the spirit. She let a warm smile grow upon her face.

"To the outside world, I'm Lady Mio, but within the boundaries of Tianxia, I'm known as the Lady Rén." She paused for a moment, looking around as if to make sure that Tishtar was or wasn't around. "It seems that Tishtar didn't guide you directly to my side, and for that I apologize." Ugh, stifling proper ways of welcoming someone into the pride, as well as the house. She knew that it was needed, though, even to someone who was not an adult needing impressions.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:37 pm
She smiled when she saw the other lioness. At least she didn't look threatening or anything. She looked and so far sounded nice.

"She said she had something to do and that i'd be okay by myself so long as i was coming to find you." She nodded a bit. "So i don't mind, realy." It was just a bit unnerving to be somewhere when you'd been told that strangers weren't always all that welcome.

"Umm .... which should i call you? I don't want to call you the wrong thing."

TheMadHatter

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:47 pm
The lioness giggled softly, humored at her own rudeness. Not everyone was going to understand the culture of her pride, and she should know better than that.

"I'm sorry. Lady Rén shall do. If you speak to anyone outside of our House and Pride, then you should refer to me as Lady Mio. It's very confusing, and I apologize for that." She swished her tail behind her as she took a few steps towards the young lion. "It's a bit complicated, but you'll pick up on it in no time."

Time...something that reminded Mio of something. "So you were interested in our House?" She wasn't sure how to speak of the matters of inviting someone that wanted to live their lives at the House of the White Tiger, so she knew that she was going to stumble through this part. She only hoped she wouldn't screw it up too much!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:03 pm
"Oh ... that is a bit confusing>" She laughed slightly. At least she hoped she could remember it. She wouldn't want to go calling the lioness something to someone she wasn't suppose to.

She nodded again. "I was. Tishtar made it sound interesting and i've ... well i've never really seen anything like this. It's so much different from what i'm used to." And it meant she wouldn't have to take care of everyone. She'd be the baby for once, at least in a way.

TheMadHatter

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:41 am
Mio bobbed her head excitedly. Wow, someone really wanted to perhaps stay! She was embarassed to think about their small numbers, but that would just have to do. Hopefully this girl would stay.

"Would it be all right for me to have your name? You'll need a special one if you stay, but that came come later once you decide." She hoped that Zahi wouldn't notice anything too different. He'd be furious at Mio for letting this girl stay with them while undecided on staying, but there was no way that Mio was going to do anything rude to the poor girl. She'd fight tooth and nail to not turn the girl out unless she decided to leave. Stupid males.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:05 am
She looked slightly sheepish at that. She'd forgotten to introduce herself and she shouldn't have done that. "Rangi, ma'am." She'd have to make sure she remembered to introduce herself better next time.

"It seems really nice here. It's a lot different than where i was ... quieter. Tishtar isn't going to get in trouble for bringing me back to look around is she?"

She didn't want her new friend getting in trouble with anyone. The waterbuck had said that the male around here wasn't all that friendly and he might not like the idea.

TheMadHatter

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:18 am
The lioness smiled warmly, letting her head c**k to the side a bit. The jewely that decorated her head slid to the side, making soft 'tinking' sounds as they brushed up against one another. "Rangi, then. A pleasure," she let herself stifle a giggle. "Though formalities aren't required by me, so there's no worry there." Frankly, Mio was horrified by her new title and her new life, but it would all somewhat settle into place. Everything but the formalities of respect that her title demanded, anyway.

"Tishtar is far from in trouble. In fact, she's done well. We are quite small still, I'm afraid, and are weak from outsiders as well as taking care of ourselves. We're in need of members, but only those that are willing." Her tail flopped behind her as she looked over the girl, her mind ticking away. "Let's just say that my mate isn't as willing to let anyone leave if they so choose, but don't worry about him. I know how to get him do what I want." It sounded horrible once she admitted it, but it was quite simple for the lioness. "So make yourself at home. You're welcome to stay as long as you wish."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:51 am
"Well i should be polite anyway." She smiled. She did't have much experience with adults but she didn't want to get on her bad side either. If she wanted to stay she couldn't go around being rude to anyone.

She almost giggled at Mio's talk about the male. "I used to be able to get my friends to do what i wanted them to do so i guess that makes sense." She smiled. "I mean ... if he's stubborn and being stubborn for the wrong reasons at least you can make him stop. Can i wander around while i stay? Or ... or should i stay with you or something?"

TheMadHatter

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:01 pm
Mio shook her head. "You're free to roam, but just make sure that you stick within our House borders for now. Though I'm certain that the other Houses bordering our lands will do no harm to you if you state who you are, as well as refer to me, it'd best to make sure that you get comfortable before getting into too much trouble."

The lioness arched a brow for a moment as she thought, before turning to face the direction she had come from. "There is a faint trail, but it leads to where we live. Feel free to visit me whenever you wish, I'm almost always there. My mate, who carries a similar coat to me, will most likely ignore you for a while. He's always a little preoccupied in that mind of his." She snorted at the thought of him, though it was quite entertaining to sneak up on him while he was distracted.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:11 pm
She smiled brightly. "Oh, well then i think i can remember that." She peered around Mio at the trail. She figured she could remember where that was or at least hope that there weren't too many other trails to confuse her if not.

"I think i'd like to wander around for a bit if you dont mind? Get myself acquainted with everything." She figured she'd be able to tell the borders. They were usually marked somehow right? Otherwise how would you know where a border was. She could figure out where the edges were so she knew where to stay.

TheMadHatter

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:24 pm
Mio nodded brightly. "Of course!" She never saw a problem with that. She just hoped that the girl wouldn't decide that this place wasn't for her and never return.

Pushing her worries aside, the lioness offered a shy smile. "Just come see me once you're settled, I'd like to speak with you more." She needed to set up where she'd like to be (even if they had no one to actually train her...) and a name, as well. Heavens forbid if the Empress found out about a new member not carrying the proper name!

"Take as much time as you need. If you get lost, I'm sure Tishtar or Dié can locate you." It was helpful to have two servants like them. "I'll be home if you need me."

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games