Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Elder Scroll games.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x~xcammix~x

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:27 pm
I am looking for fans of the Elder scroll games so I can have some people to talk to.

Also I am looking for people who would do Oblivion rps, -points down to sig- n.n I like being true to the game as close as I can when I rp.

But I also wanna disscuss stuff like reces and what ones are good vs. bad. Guilds houses anything! <3  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:37 pm
I've never played Oblivion (don't have an X360 and my computer is too old for that crying ), but I'm a total Morrowind addict. biggrin

My job doesn't leaves me with much time to play, but so far I'm roughly halfway through the main quest. I already have a huge bunch of glass, ebony and Daedric s**t, I can certify that Orcish armor looks like Samurai armor, I made like $2,500,000 just by selling Soul Gems, and I've already found the Keening dagger by myself just by fooling around. I sold it to Creeper for $400,000 biggrin

And I totally believe that The Elder Scrolls is the most perfect game ever made by man. So deep it's a whole new world, all in all, even more than GTA San Andreas whee  

Da_Nuke

ll iScarfacex ll

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:49 am
i frikin love oblivion, ive beaten it like 5 times and bought both exspansion packs and goty edition, which altogether cost abou 300 dollars, but it was worth it  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:41 am
im currently playing oblivion and im doing side quests, arena and dark bro hood, so i level and get stronger and fly through main quests and get rid of the easy stuff first  

-_-fear me i have come-_-

knightofthe21stcentury

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:26 pm
Da_Nuke
I've never played Oblivion (don't have an X360 and my computer is too old for that crying ), but I'm a total Morrowind addict. biggrin

My job doesn't leaves me with much time to play, but so far I'm roughly halfway through the main quest. I already have a huge bunch of glass, ebony and Daedric s**t, I can certify that Orcish armor looks like Samurai armor, I made like $2,500,000 just by selling Soul Gems, and I've already found the Keening dagger by myself just by fooling around. I sold it to Creeper for $400,000 biggrin

And I totally believe that The Elder Scrolls is the most perfect game ever made by man. So deep it's a whole new world, all in all, even more than GTA San Andreas whee

If you played Morrowind first, you won't really like Oblivion as the others do.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:02 pm
heart xp i friggin love oblivion. i'm addicted! i'm also doing all the faction quests first. dark brother hood is by far my favorite. fighters guild is also a good one.. oh! and i freaking love the arena. that was awsome ^_^  

Kazuki_101

yami2ki

Skilled Raider

2,675 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:55 pm
I play both Morrowind and Oblivion regularly. I have a ton of mods for both of them. PC for the win. <3

Though at the moment I've been playing Fallout 3, from the makers of TES razz  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:56 am
I love Oblivion, though I haven't played it in a long time. I played Morrowind and enjoyed that too, but Oblivion was more like the very old Elder Scrolls games (Arena and Daggerfall), so I actually preferred it to Morrowind.  

Baagaa

Beloved Nerd

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:15 pm
Oblivion for the win! Orcs rules, plain and simple! Geez!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:04 pm
I haven't played Oblivion. I can't afford it, and at this time, my computer is too old to support the game. I do play Morrowind though. I have a feeling that you are going to make more friends by asking to role play for Morrowind, Oblivion is probably not going to hit it's main popularity stride until a bit after it's release, Morrowind is the same way in that the amount of games bought fluctuate, i.e. there was some interest when it first came out and a lot of people bought games, and then about a year/two years after that there was another rise after it had built a solid fanbase and they were getting others into it.

I was one of the people who jumped on the bandwagon after the third spike, just as it was waning and Best Buy had ecided to keep ordering them to keep in their warehouse for a good long while; even with the release of Oblivion.

I've heard that Oblivion is like a cross between the excellent 3d and mallebility of Morrowind and the older slightly more structured Arena and Daggerfall. Not sure if I would like it.

Oh, and BTW, does Oblivion support mods made by The Elder Scrolls Construction Set? I was wondering.

PS- Morrowind, man. There are a LOT more fans of Morrowind out there.
Because it's fast on XP and you don't need too awesome of a video card to run it. With Oblivion, you need to buy an actual nice equipment to run it.

In addition- Morrowind is between $15 and $20 because it is so old. Very cheap. Oblivion is $60. No one should be able to charge that much for a piece of plastic unless they pretty much carry a platform, like Halo does.  

Aiatalay

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:59 am
I just formatted my computer and lost my Morrowind savegame in the process. That Redguard girl in the super-badass orcish armor wielding Umbra is no more.

Now here we go again crying

(Yesh, I got ******** Umbra, IIRC I killed him with a daedric dai-katana or something).  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:28 am
Oblivion is great, so is morrowind... and even daggerfall, battlespire and arena razz , all of them are really good games. i especially like morrowind though, its ability to be modded fairly easily is awesome, i would spend hours making new models/spells, quests ect. dagger fall was BIG, even though the map is randomized everytime you play it takes about 5 days on autorun to get from one side of the continent to another. was pretty awesome though. Oblivion's map was kind of a let down in my opinion, even though it was a country you were in and not an entire continent it still took a short amount of time to get across it :<. now im just rambling, ill stop myself while i can, peace :3  

Craeosh

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:06 am
Tip Tap Two
i especially like morrowind though, its ability to be modded fairly easily is awesome, i would spend hours making new models/spells, quests ect.

Oh yeah, the Morrowind mods! biggrin

I have one that gives Creeper one million gold, one that gives you a recharge mana spell that doesn't works by itself but you can burn it into an enchanted item, the Morrowind Patch, the Morrowind Code Patch, the Adamantium armor (Tribunal won't install crying ), restocking Soul Gem dealers, LeFemm armor, a little quest for Creeper, I'm currently downloading Tamriel Rebuilt, the project to design mainland Morrowind from the ground up with possibilities of later designing the ******** Cyrodiil province with Morrowind's engine instead of Oblivion's...

whee  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:39 pm
Hell yes Oblivion is awesome. I hate Oblivion gates though gonk . and Healers and wood elves rock perfect combination.  

Tsidra

JimmyP424

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:44 pm
OH GOD YES!
I currently own oblivion and all the add ons, as well as morrowind. I LOVE THEM!  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games