Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
How did you become a .hacker? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you get into .hack from the...
  Games?
  Manga?
  Anime?
  Random merchandise you saw? XD
  A link to Liam O'Brien's voiceovers...HAHA!
  You're...awkward (random bananas) xp
View Results

BloodStainedKnife

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:56 pm
(Hopefully this isn't already a thread...>>...<<...)
I don't really remember how I got my hands on Infection, or if it was even the first game I bought XD, All I know is that from then on, I became a complete .hack fan. And an immidiate Elk fan girl! Haha. That's how I got into GU. I was looking up more info on Elk and all of a sudden I notice, 'see Endrance',

'Endrance?' I thought. Then I HAD to get the games. haha!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:52 pm

I first started watching .hack//Roots since Ali Project did their ending xD; I didn't think it was particularly exciting until Shino got pk'd. Then the series ended without really ending. I wanted to finish it, so I bought the games despite having little interest in video games. The story in Rebirth was amazing ;o; it was epic and heart wrenching and I've been following ever since.

Puppetry

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:08 pm
I used to watch .Hack SIGN on Cartoon Network and liked it and then PPN stated borrowing the games from Destry so I started playing them too. ;D  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:30 am
Some friends had had the LoTB manga for a while (Which I loved-KESHESHESHE), then .hack//SIGN came on YTV. I was about to not watch it because it looked boring, but I decided to watch it when I noticed they were both .hack and got totally hooked. XD
Then I discovered a used copy of Mutation in my favorite game store and... yeah, I became a fantard.

User Image

Sanus Ex Machina

Misaki Haseo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:46 am
My friend and I went to the bookstore in the mall, back when I was a n00b and didn't know about any anime/manga other than Naruto and Godchild. X3 I saw her buying .hack//Legend of the Twilight and I was like "OOOOh, is that any good?" And she was like, "Well... it's not that good, but I like it." And I was like, "Okay. They must be good because the title is cool." So I went to the library a week or so later and checked out volumes 1 and 2. Ehehehe... but I never finished them. They were... quite boring in my opinion. So I never touched anything .Hack for a couple months... but then I randomly started watching Sign, and I liked it and really got into it. A year later, my friend loaned me .Hack//Infection, and I instantly fell in love with Elk. I did some internet research (searchingforElkpics*cough*) and I found out about everything that happened to Elk and Mia (since I wasn't that far in the game yet) and it made me so sad... about Mia and Elk... and him becoming Endrance and being a 20-year-old internet addict who never leaves his room and lives with his parents. D=
So then I started watching Roots, and after that had to play GU.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:10 am
My friend bought all three Legend of the Twilight mangas and I read them, thinking they were the true .Hackers and crap, because I was a tard. So then my other friend told me all about Infection, and how Shugo and Rena were LIES.
So she let me borrow the Infection novel, and I loved it. So I got the other three, and this other friend of mine got four. And for my birthday, the other friend got me the Infection game. <3
FIN.  

Flyckreaper

Soraki

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:46 am
Ok here is the DL.. no im kidding. I saw the commercial for Infection, thought it was freaking epic looking. bought the game played some, then Sign started playing on television, finished Infection, halfway through Mutation, damn twilight came on television, cried myself through that.

Then since it's been a few years by now, bought the rest of the games, replayed Infection,, had a Sign marathon, bought 2/3 Twilight discs, got some Enemy cards and before I realized it, i was hooked.

after I finish G.U. I'm gonna get off my butt and finish Mutation, I'm still fighting Innus if i remember right xD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:54 pm
WAIT WHOA. INFECTION HAD A COMMERCIAL?
I was not aware of this. I MUST SEE IT. Youtube better have it. mad

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

Soraki

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:29 pm
XxGrieverxX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fL02sr6g_4  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:12 pm
I went to a video game store and immediately I saw dothack. I was drawn to it the moment i saw it and HAD to have it. now im a rabid fangirl.  

NanashiYoshi

Greedy Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Timid 100

Waltz for Zizi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:24 pm
I first saw .hack//SIGN on Cartoon Network. I got more interested in the series as I played the games. 8D

I remember seeing the Infection commercial too~! n_n  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:55 pm
i first saw .hack//legend of the twilight on tv. then i read the manga.  

Phantasma Requiem

Soraki

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:40 am
anthoknight
i first saw .hack//legend of the twilight on tv. then i read the manga.
rofl Thats an interesting show as your starter.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:28 am
Well, I fist started playing IMOQ, from my sister and friends. Then I heard of more of .hack//ness and I just got into it......
It makes no sense D:

BreathLessX
Crew

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:35 am
Soraki
XxGrieverxX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fL02sr6g_4