Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Islam and Sports Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does Isam forbid women from participating in sports?
  Yes D:
  No :D
  idk
View Results

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:15 am
ÉN verekszik részére Isten , országom és családom

Ok, after seeing the Olympic opening ceremony on television in Bejing, I am really, REALLY, REALLY pissed off at Muslims. Let me specify, fundamentalist Muslims tick me off too a whole new level.

The Afghanistan team was allowed to compete in the Olympics, despite all the political turmoil. There was one female runner.

SHE DISAPPEARED AND WILL NOT COMPETE DUE TO DEATH THREATS FROM PEOPLE, MOST LIKELY TALIBAN SUPPORTERS.

Here is the source: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/olympics/article4272558.ece

That is low. seriously, that is low. I cannot describe my disgust. Especially if there's something in Islam that says that women cannot participate in sports.

...and I'm still pissed at Saudi Arabia for not allowing women on their team. stare

...kit ugye verekszik részére?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:18 am
Discussion points:

Are there any hadiths/quotes from the Qu'ran that say women can't play in athletic events?

If so, why?

Do you agree with what has happened? If so, why? [give a real explanation, not just propaganda bullshit or fuzzy feelings]

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:19 pm
ÉN verekszik részére Isten , országom és családom

Here's another one that pissed me off.

"Iranian refuses to race Israeli swimmer"

COME ON, PEOPLE!!! Seriously, it's the OLYMPICS!! You're supposed to put aside political differences and just play your sport.

The point of the olympics is to unify countries, not divide them.

-_- and Iranians also refuse to allow women on their Olympic team.

source: ]http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1218104248620&pagename=JPArticle/ShowFull

...kit ugye verekszik részére?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:38 pm
Ratri_Cat

Especially if there's something in Islam that says that women cannot participate in sports.

there is nothing like that Islam says that "sports is not allowed! for women"  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:40 pm
Ratri_Cat

Are there any hadiths/quotes from the Qu'ran that say women can't play in athletic events?

i haven't came acrross any HADITH or quotes that women can't play in athletic events?

sorry i won't disscuss much because i duno much of this matter!!

and + you sources DUN tell that ISLAM does not ALLOW sports!!

what they are stating is TERRORISTS are not allowing their females to participate!!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:02 am
I really doubt women aren't allowed to play in athletic sports due to the fact that I've seen women in Muslim countries such as Lebanon with even my own family members playing. All those countries you listed (Saudi arabia, Iran, And Afghanistan) don't seem Islamic in my eyes, And I'm sure in many other Muslim eyes as well, So mostly everything they do goes against Islamic law, Why care what a bunch of transgressors do if you can't change it really?

Now when it's other Muslim countries like Lebanon or something as such maybe it'll be abit surprising.  

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:33 am
Haydar the Truthful
I really doubt women aren't allowed to play in athletic sports due to the fact that I've seen women in Muslim countries such as Lebanon with even my own family members playing. All those countries you listed (Saudi arabia, Iran, And Afghanistan) don't seem Islamic in my eyes, And I'm sure in many other Muslim eyes as well, So mostly everything they do goes against Islamic law, Why care what a bunch of transgressors do if you can't change it really?

Now when it's other Muslim countries like Lebanon or something as such maybe it'll be abit surprising.

i dun think she is FINDING what you stated!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:54 am
tassan
Haydar the Truthful

What do you mean by "finding"?  

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Zaakii

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:22 am
Haydar the Truthful
tassan
Haydar the Truthful

Wrong! Acturally the strict country's, are acturally the most muslim country's in my eyes!

If not, then hijab would proberly be banned all over the world stare And proberly, being muslim too stare

And, i don't think that it's haram for womens to do sports... But they have to be covered! Soo if a muslim woman was gonna swim infront of the whole world, she should be covered!

Maybe there are some sexual expresions in running? I mean, like when u dance, there is rules of how u must dance...

Like making "but moves", are haram.... confused  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:08 am
Sport is good for your health! mrgreen  

_rainarai_

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:41 am
Alsalam Alaykum!
first sports are allowed 2 all genders weather they were females or males ... BUT the reason why women doesn't participate is probably beacause in the olympics what they wear is not allowed in Islam .. like they wear very mini shorts or skirts or a very tight pants !! and if they wanna get to the olympics they must wear such clothes , and since it's not allowed 2 wear such clothes .. they simply doesn't participate .

Wasalam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:11 am
Zaaki
Haydar the Truthful
tassan
Haydar the Truthful

Wrong! Acturally the strict country's, are acturally the most muslim country's in my eyes!

If not, then hijab would proberly be banned all over the world stare And proberly, being muslim too stare

If I'm wrong and these tyrants are really what you believe Islam is, Then you also agree that Islam is a forceful religion that you can start wars and opress people, This is not true Islam, More like Extremists/disbelievers using Islam as a cover to make it look bad.  

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

XeroRyn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:57 am
i think it is more on social believe influence by radical believe in religion...exaggeratingsmall thing that make this problem in Islamic Country...women arent forbid in islam  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:07 am
dark__sunshin
Alsalam Alaykum!
first sports are allowed 2 all genders weather they were females or males ... BUT the reason why women doesn't participate is probably beacause in the olympics what they wear is not allowed in Islam .. like they wear very mini shorts or skirts or a very tight pants !! and if they wanna get to the olympics they must wear such clothes , and since it's not allowed 2 wear such clothes .. they simply doesn't participate .

Wasalam

i guess it do be the simplest answer!!  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Zaakii

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:55 am
Haydar the Truthful
Zaaki
Haydar the Truthful
tassan
Haydar the Truthful

If I'm wrong and these tyrants are really what you believe Islam is, Then you also agree that Islam is a forceful religion that you can start wars and opress people, This is not true Islam, More like Extremists/disbelievers using Islam as a cover to make it look bad.

Soo you think it's better to ban being muslim, than ban being something else?

No i don't think Islam is a war relegion!

But war is needed!

The muslims who protect themself, are not tyrants!

And those people you call tyrants, are proberly people who lost their family, ore people who think "Atacking Is The Best Deffence"  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff