Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
middle of new moon i need help!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kina2jk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:15 pm
hi i was reading new moon and i had a hard time understand page 418 where it said
well, i wasnt going to live withut you he'd said as we watched romeo and juliet die, here in this very room. but i wasnt sure how to do it.... i knew emmett and jasper would not help.... so i was thinking maybe i would go to italy and do something to provoke the volturi.... you dont irritate them. not unless you want to die.
is wat i didnt quite understand did edward mean he's going to italy to tell the volturi he wanted to die???? if bella dies???? and if they say no he would do something to provoke them???? i really misunderstood plz!!! help me!!!!!!!!!!! i want to continue reading!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:22 pm
what?

i can barely understand your ramblings.

wait... OOH!! are you talking about when
Edward said he was thinking about making
contingency plans?

yes. while he thought bella was dead in Twilight,
Edward was thinking about going to Italy.

Dine with the Damned

Rancid Cupcakes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:24 pm
Since I'm too lazy to get my book, I'm just going to rely on memory for this one. Edward doesn't want to live a life without Bella, and ABSOLUTELY REFUSES to change her into a vampire. So when she dies, since he knew his brothers wouldn't help, he would go to the Volturi in Italy and provoke them, and then they would end his life.....if I remembered right......I don't know if I did though.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:56 pm
yes edward said that if bella dies then he would go to italy to basically kill himself because jasper and emmet would not kill him no matter wat  

MeowJohanson

GuardianDragonsSpirit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:10 am
Pretty much. Here's a sum-up: Edward doesn't want to live if Bella dies, so if/when she does, he decided to go provoke the Volturi, since his brothers would never help him die.

It's like Romeo and Juliet, really; the messenger never gets to Romeo so, when he hears that Juliet is dead, he goes to her tomb and kills himself because he doesn't want to live if she's dead. (and then, of course, she awakens and kills herself, too, after she sees Romeo dead)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:12 am
Edward is telling Bella that he refuses to live without her. So to stop living he'll need someone's help with trying to kill himself. If he asked Emmet and Jasper to kill him they will say NOOOOO, so the last option is going to Italy and asking the Volturi for help.
Edward for some reason knows that the Volturi will say no, and implies he'll go to drastic measures {i.e. exposing vampires) to force their hand.

Does that help at all hun?  

xXserenitys-smileXx

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces