Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Tutorials
Madame Maggot's boolProp Guide {12.27.08} (Sims 2)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:06 pm
User Image
[updated 12/27/2oo8]

Attention Apartment Life users!
Do not spawn anything while on an apartment lot! For some reason, most objects cannot be deleted in buy mode even with moveObjects on cheat.

DO NOT USE THIS CHEAT IF YOU THINK IT MAY CAUSE YOUR COMPUTER OR GAME TO BE UNSTABLE OR IF YOU HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH boolprop IN THE PAST!

To clear up any confusion, this cheat puts the game into "debug mode", but is known just as "boolProp". There are several other cheats that start with 'boolprop'

A few tips/things to remember before you start.
* If you ever get any error messages, press reset NEVER press cancel or delete.
- Clicking cancel will cause the error message to keep popping up and clicking delete will get rid of whatever was causing the error including Sims which cannot be returned.
* Do NOT invite the NPC remote control car to your lot. So far no one has found a way to remove it other than bulldozing your lot or quitting without saving.
* Never force an error on your sims or objects!

When using this tutorial if you're looking for something specific, it is easier to press CTRL + F and type in what you're looking for than read the entire thing.

Okay, assuming you all know how to open the cheat console, what you want to enter is:
boolprop testingcheatsenabled true

Yes, it IS case-sensitive, meaning you need the spaces or the game won't accept your cheat.

To turn it off, enter:
boolprop testingcheatsenabled false

Also case-sensitive.

It is easier and best to put in the cheat while still in the neighborhood. It unlocks more things and you can turn it off on whatever lot you're playing on if necessary. (If you turn it on in the Neighborhood there will be "Version #" in the top right corner when you enter a lot.)
Note that even after you turn it off, you still may have a few interactions on your sims pie menu from boolprop.

Disclaimer:
I got most of this information from The Sims 2 Database. I just re-wrote most of it in my own words, but I give them all the credit for doing such a fantastic job and I figured that I would share with you guys because I doubt that any have heard of them.
But I did spend a good majority of my time playing around with the tool and figuring out how things work and what they do.
I'm still updated regularly, so check back often. (:

If you find anything to be incorrect or missing from this tutorial please tell me!! You can also request more information about a specific part. Just ask for it! Be sure to tell me what you want it about, I'm not a mind reader!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:09 pm
boolprop basics

If you turn on boolprop in the neighborhood, in CAS you can press Shift + N to unlock all NPC clothing and NPC career clothing as well as the alien skin and the mannequin skin (pressing Shift+M hides all of the stuff again).
The mannequin skin should be avoided unless you have -this- fix from MTS2. The game will crash if a Sim with mannequin skin tries to give birth.

Increasing/Decreasing your skills/aspiration/needs/personality/relationships:

[These will only work if you entered the cheat while in the neighborhood. If you didn't, you will need to save, exit to neighborhood, enter the cheat, and then re-enter the lot you were playing on.]

Skills: Left click on the bar of the desired skill you want to increase/decrease and drag the cursor in the direction you want. [Right to increase, left to decrease.]

Increase/Decrease Needs: Left click on the bar of the desired need you want to increase/decrease and drag the cursor in the direction you want. [Right to increase, left to decrease.]

Increase/Decrease Personality Points/Change Zodiac Sign:Left click on the bar of the desired personality trait you want to increase/decrease and drag the cursor in the direction you want. [Right to increase, left to decrease.] As you change the personality points, you will see your sim's zodiac sign change accordingly.

Increase all sims needs (Including Visitors of the current lot): Shift click [Hold Shift and click] and click Make All Happy.

Increase/Decrease Aspiration: Shift click on the sim and choose *Set Aspiration...
You will receive several options to change your aspiration level and what type of aspiration they have (Fortune, Family, Popularity, etc.).

Get Easy Aspiration Points: Press CTRL and click on any want your sim has to fill it. You will get the points and your sims aspiration meter will rise. Also works for your sims fears but you will lose points and go into aspiration failure if done several times (could be great for stories, though!).

Increase/Decrease Relationships: Left click on the bar of the desired relationship (either Daily or Lifetime) you want to increase/decrease and drag the cursor in the direction you want. [Right to increase, left to decrease.]
Useful if you want to increase/decrease your relationship with only one or a few sims instead of many.

Making Friends/Adding Neighbors to your family/Getting more than 8 sims in a household/Other Family-related options:

You will need the Tombstone of Life and Death. To get it; shift-click on any sim and click *Spawn... then find and click the option *Tombstone of L and D. And a mailbox, which you should have anyways. o_O

Inviting the entire neighborhood to your lot: Shift click the Mailbox and select *Invite All Neighbors.
I would not recommend doing this if you have a large neighborhood or a slow system. It can severely slow down your game or possibly make it crash.

Know Everyone/Be friends with everyone: Shift click on the mailbox and choose Make Me Know Everyone which will make you their acquaintance with a relationship of 25/25.

If you choose Make Friends for Me it will make all of your acquaintances have a mutual relationship of 55/55.
[To my knowledge, it does not affect anyone that already has a relationship higher than 55/55 with your sim.]

Also, 'Make Me Know Everyone' should only be used if you're absolutely desperate to get friends for a promotion. Your phone rings constantly and it's really a hassle. So buy a fire/burglar alarm and sell your phone if you decide to use it and buy the phone when you really need one. Cell phones will ring all the time too, so they aren't really a great alternative.

Increase your friendship score with someone on your lot
Click on the Tombstone of L and D, click More, then click Make Me Friendly to Everyone Here which will set your relationship with everyone on the lot (including visitors) to 90/90.

Getting More than 8 Sims in one Household:
The Sims 2 Database

You can add visitors to your household or create entirely new sims. You can keep adding them as well, there is no limit. Once you pass 8 however, your sim can no longer get pregnant, you can only get new babies by clicking on the Tombstone.

To add existing visitors, click on the Tombstone of Life & Death, then click Add to Family, then choose from the options which visitor you want to add. You will see that you can add anyone even teenagers and children with this option, that you wouldn’t normally be able to invite. If you want to add NPC teenagers you will need to invite them over then add them to the family.

To add a randomly generated sim click on the Tombstone of Life & Death and select from the options available such as

* New Adult Female,
* New Adult Male
* New Child Girl
* New Child Boy
* New Teen Female
* New Teen Male
* New Toddler Boy
* New Toddler Girl
* New Elder Male
* New Elder Female
* New Baby

To choose the sex of the baby you need to click on an opposite sex sim, for instance if you make the active sim a male then choose New baby you will get a Girl, if you make the active sim a female then choose New Baby you will get a Boy. The name will automatically default to Baby Boy or Baby girl, but don’t worry; you can use the Tombstone to change their name.

There are other options for adding new members to the family on the Tombstone of Life and Death

* Get Family Member
* Add Neighbor to Family

Re-Naming your sim, without using SimPE!: Click on the sim you want to re-name by clicking their icon on the left. Then click on the Tombstone of L and D, choose More, then Rename Sim. A box similar to when your sim has a baby will pop up with your sims current name and you can edit it as you like.
Very useful if you're like me and try to speed up the birthing process and end up naming your kid "3Tom". xP

Re-Naming Babies: First you need to make the baby selectable. While you have another sim active, shift click the baby and choose Make Selectable. The baby's icon will disappear from the list, so you will have to re-shift click on the baby and choose Make Selectable again. The baby's icon should reappear and be selectable. Make the baby sim active by clicking on it's icon and click the Tombstone of L and D, choose More, then Rename Sim. A box similar to when the baby was born will pop up with your sims current name and you can edit it as you like. Also, while the baby is selectable you can view and change it's needs or personality trait points.

Pregnancy Options

For these options you will need to Spawn the Tombstone of L and D by shift clicking your sim and clicking Spawn, then More, then Tombstone of L and D.
You will also need a telescope for abductions, it doesn't matter which one you choose.

There are two options with Tombstone of L and D to get pregnant. You will see them when you click on it, and choose More.

Get pregnant with... gives you a list of current household members and lot visitors (Including NPCs) that your sim can become pregnant with; including relatives of any age. It works for both male and female sims.

Make me Alien Pregnant: Allows either gender adult sim to be pregnant with an alien baby.

Note that both of these options only work for Adults unless you have InTEENimator or other hacks.

There is also an option on the More menu of Tombstone of L and D that forces your sim to give birth within 2-3 hours of becoming pregnant. [Time does vary, but it will happen soon.]

Alien Abduction:
Shift click on any telescope on the lot and choose DEBUG Get Abducted. Your sim will use the telescope and get abducted. They will be gone for approximately three sim hours [three minutes] male sims will return pregnant, but female sims will not.  

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:12 pm
How to get Bella Goth

This is where it gets kind of confusing. There are two Bella Goths. One lives in Strangetown and is the fake Bella. The real Bella lives in Pleasantview and is still alive as shown in the family histories for Cassandra and Alexander Goth, but she has the I Am Dead token which is activated when you bring her back. The token can be removed with SimPE, but I don't know how to do so.

To get the REAL Bella Goth, you must be in Pleasantview, but it does not matter which lot you use.
Click the Tombstone of L and D and choose Add Neighbor to Family. After a few times of clicking More you should eventually see Bella in the list (hopefully you don't have more someone else named Bella in the neighborhood! o_o). You can view her family history on the friends panel and see that she is the real Bella. She has no memories, though. If you save and quit the house and return to it later Bella will still be there, but she will be transparent and you will get the information bubble that says she has "died on another lot and will return to that lot". She will disappear, and will show up as dead in the family history for Cassandra and Alexander Goth.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:14 pm
Careers/Awards

You will need the newspaper. If you do not have a newspaper, you will need your mailbox. You will also need the Chance Card Tester if you want to force chance cards while your sim is at work.

To get the Chance Card Tester you need to shift click on any sim on the lot and choose Spawn. If you don't see it on the first pie menu click More and it should be in the second or third menu.

Force Newspaper: Shift click on the mailbox and choose Force Paper Delivery. The newspaper should be delivered within one sim hour [or one minute.].

Select Job Level: Shift click on the newspaper and choose the option that fits your active sim. Adult Jobs if your active sim is an adult, or TeenElder Jobs if your active sim is a Teen or Elder.

Shift click on the newspaper again and choose *Set Job Level To... and choose the job level you desire. [1 being the lowest, 10 being the highest.]

Unlock Career Awards: Shift click on the newspaper and choose *Career Awards; repeat until you have each award. Only works for adult sims.

*There is an easier way to achieve this without using boolprop. Open the cheat console and enter:
unlockCareerRewards
[not case-sensitive, but must be spelled right.] it will give your active sim all the career rewards possible and can be done with any selectable sim, regardless of age.*

Forcing Chance Cards: Shift click on any sim on the lot and choose More, then Spawn, then Chance Card Tester. A large yellow box with a red arrow on top will appear. Click on it and choose Force Chance Card, then choose the option to force a chance card every time your sim goes to work. To turn this off, click on the box, choose Force Chance Card, then Off.  

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:24 pm
Spawn Options
*based on what expansion packs you have installed, you may not have all of these options*
Also, you may have to go to More... to see certain interactions.

Accessory Cheat(GOOD FOR STORIES/MOVIES!): Shift-click a sim/Spawn/More.../Accessory Cheat
-Spawn All = I suggest you don't use this. It slows down your computer majorly and it takes forever to delete everything off your lot.
-Spawn:
Kitchen items
Home and Office (accessory = book?)
Garage
Misc.

You won't be able to pick up all objects in Buy Mode, so use moveObjects on/off.

Badge Juicer: Shift-click a sim/Spawn/Badge Juicer
Shows up as a toy boat; allows you to max/min existing badges; add badges
Requires Open For Business OR Seasons

Death Creator: Shift-click a sim/Spawn/Rodney's Death Creator
A tombstone will appear and gives you all options for death [only kills your active sim].

MakeMeSick: Shift-click a sim/Spawn/MakeMeSick Tester
A yellow box with a red arrow will appear and you will have the following options:
*Make immune - Your sim won't get sick
*All types of sickness possible (food poisoning, pneumonia, cold, etc.)

NPC & Townie Maker: Shift-click a sim/Spawn/NPC & Townie Maker
A dead tree will appear and you will have the following options:
-Kill all townies
-Generate townies
-Make neighbor sim into a townie
-Make into iconic hobbyist (requires FreeTime)
-Make into vacation sim (requires Bon Voyage)
-Make all townies (slowww)
-Rename randomly generated townies (ones you have recently made that are still on the lot)
-Make into social group sim (requires Apartment Life?)

Depending on your EP, you may see a Repo "gun" instead of the dead tree, but you will still get the same options.

Reset Household: Shift-click a sim/Spawn/CAS Reset Household
A yellow box with a red arrow will appear. There is only one option to reset the household. As far as I know, it only resets your sims' aspiration.

Scenario Tester: Shift-click a sim/Spawn/Scenario Tester
A yellow box with a red arrow will appear and you will have the following options:
*Scenario Check Now
*Add Me to Private School
*Aspiration Dialog - You will see a list of aspiration types [family, wealth, knowledge, etc.]. When you choose the aspiration type you want and it will show what dialog

box your sim will see if they grew up based on their current level of aspiration.

Semester Tester: Shift-click a sim/Spawn/More.../Semester Tester
-Requires University
-Shows up as Apple of the Eye scuplture.

Servo: Shift-click a sim/Spawn/More.../Servo
Requires Open For Business

Tom's Clothing Tester: Shift-click a sim/Spawn/Tom's Clothing Tester
A clothes rack will appear and you will have options for your active sim:
*NPC Clothes
*Work Clothes (for all levels)
*"What clothes do I have?" - makes your sims 'model' the clothes they have*Work Servants (same clothes for all levels)
*Burnt Skin (not sunburnt, burnt as in when your sims are electrocuted)
*Party/Grad & Toga (must have uni)

Tour Guide Tester: Shift-click a sim/Spawn/More.../Tour Guide Tester (may be in last pie menu)
-Force Chance Card on/off
-Force Vacation
-Force Outcome success/fail
-Card to Show 1/2/3 (?)

Misc.

*Talk: When you click on your sim (not shift-click!) you will see an option called *Talk/Cory's Talk Group. As far as I know it doesn't do anything. :/  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:26 pm
Baby Sim Modder

While you have boolProp enabled, shift-click on your sim and go to "Spawn" and choose "Sim Modder". A baby standing up should appear next to your sim.

This is much easier to use, but it won't always show up in game, much like several other things you can Spawn using boolProp.

Do not spawn a Sim Modder while you are on an Apartment Life because you cannot delete it, even with the moveObjects cheat.

The Sim Modder comes with the following options:
-Set aspiration/aspiration level/aspiration points
-Max/min skills or up/down 1 skill point
-Max influence
-Make/cure Vampirism
-Fix/damage relationships
-Give all Career Rewards (alternatively, unlockCareerRewards in the cheat console)
-Set age
-Max/Mid/Min motives
-Max/Mid/Min personality traits

-Add want/fear slots & want locks (requires University EP)

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:28 pm
As we all know, TS3 has been out for a long time, so I will no longer need to update this tutorial.
Sims 2 will no longer be updated or changed, so neither will anything within the tutorial.

However, I would still like this to be kept up as a reference for players like myself and others who still play TS2 for various reasons.
Thank you,
Fear Loops
May 15th, 2011

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:32 am
Ooh, and in the thing where it says "talk/cory's group talk" or whatever. Whenever I click it, and my sims talk, it's like... how do I explain.. they have their hand out, like their.. explaining something, one on top of the other, and the move it out, then back? and talk like their giving a list.. not like a sentence. if this is making any sense ^.^;;  

Fairee Lumineuse

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:11 pm
I think you will find that SOME cheats in the game ARE case sensitive for SOME players. It seems to depend on the computer being played on.

If I don't use the capital 'P' in boolProp then the game accepts it but does nothing. It only works for me WITH the capital 'P'.

I will thank you to not 'shout' like that in the future.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:18 am
Fear Loops

Yes, it IS case-sensitive, meaning you need the spaces or the game won't accept your cheat.

I think you may have misunderstood me.
In terms of spacing, you have to do it correctly or it won't work.

And yes, I've tried.  

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Tutorials

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash