Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
Another Super Smash Bros? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will we have another SSB?
  Definatly
  Probably
  maybe
  no...
View Results

Starfox64x

Devoted Explorer

7,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:54 pm
Do you think theres going to be another SSB? Apparently, Sakurai (the man behind the smash bros series) wasnt planning on doing Brawl, it wasnt until the Wii was announced that fans were like "Hey! This would be awesome for a Super Smash Bros game!" and then he decided to make it. Now, a friend of mine insists that he said he's not going to make another... you think thats true?

Personally, I think SSB will be a long running series... its one of Nintendo's biggest games/series, and theres no way they'd give up that kind of money. They're not goign to just give up on Metroid, even though Metroid Prime 3 has already been said t obe the end of the 'prime' series, there no way they wont make another metroid game in the future... Maybe Sakurai wont make it next time, but I think someone will pick it up...

So, what about new options for the next game? Discuss this as well...

I think a DS SSB would be great, maybe made of Spites and play something like Jump Superstars. maybe use the touch screen to help wth some attacks. Use the DS download thing so that everyone can play, even without the card...

But whether its on a handheld, or on a console, i think that each charectors needs a few more attacks... and let people choose which attacks to use... like for Mario, you can choose between using FLUDD for the down B attack, or the spin attack like from Melee. basically each charectors has a couple extra attack, and you can choose between which attacks you want to use, making each player a little more orignal, even as the same character.

I think that moving trophies would make them more interesting... have one still version, but pressing a certain button will make it do something, like a taunt like thing or someting... might be interesting...

anyway, discuss more options, and whether or not another Smash will be made...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:05 pm
Well if Nintendo wants to continue to make money, it'd obviously continue one of it's few remaining guaranteed money making series.

Metroid Prime series needed to end, imo. I was hoping it would remain as a stand alone game that was amazing, but then they kind of killed that with 2, hunters, and 3. Besides, metroid NEEDS to return to its 2D roots, those have always been the best metroid games. Hell, super metroid is often a strong contender for the best game ever made.

I don't think DS SSB would be any good. Or any other handheld SSB. It would end up being an inferior game, and it would lessen the name of super smash bros.

What the next SSB game REALLY needs is options to allow for competitive play. When they implemented tripping, it was their way of saying "Lol, we think competitive is dumb" (sakurai has commonly said he isn't a fan of competitive). This is pretty stupid considering that while maybe the casual fans will make the majority of purchases, the competitive fans will play it the longest. The next SSB needs to accommodate both types of fans, instead of just casual.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:33 pm
Several moves cause tripping, maybe sakurai just felt like being an a*****e.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:10 pm
it'll take forever  

sonicfreak1031

Starfox64x

Devoted Explorer

7,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:08 pm
nitnit
Well if Nintendo wants to continue to make money, it'd obviously continue one of it's few remaining guaranteed money making series.

Metroid Prime series needed to end, imo. I was hoping it would remain as a stand alone game that was amazing, but then they kind of killed that with 2, hunters, and 3. Besides, metroid NEEDS to return to its 2D roots, those have always been the best metroid games. Hell, super metroid is often a strong contender for the best game ever made.

I disagree... I think that Metroid should have more 3D games, I really enjoyed them... however i personally dislike the auto-lock-on... kinda lessens the skill level required... as for a 2D game, I agree, they should make those too... maybe the console could have soley 3D games, and the handheld go with 2D...

i agree 2 and hunters was a little less than great though... a 3D game on the DS like that wasnt quite as good as it could have been...

I don't think DS SSB would be any good. Or any other handheld SSB. It would end up being an inferior game, and it would lessen the name of super smash bros.

I dont think so... If they did it well, and really worked on it fora while, then I'm sure that they could make it a great game... It all depends on how Nintendo does it...

What the next SSB game REALLY needs is options to allow for competitive play. When they implemented tripping, it was their way of saying "Lol, we think competitive is dumb" (sakurai has commonly said he isn't a fan of competitive). This is pretty stupid considering that while maybe the casual fans will make the majority of purchases, the competitive fans will play it the longest. The next SSB needs to accommodate both types of fans, instead of just casual.

Hm, I can agree on that, just have some more options to turn on/off these things like tripping... and maybe other stage related interferences like the Arwings on Cornaria or the minigames in thw Warioware stage, etc... IT would really help and make the game more competitive, and at the same time, still allowing those who want these things on, to simply hit a switch to change it back to the other side.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:32 pm
its called Super Smash Bros Beatdown  

dragwarrior

sonicfreak1031

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:57 am
even tho it'll take years to nake ill definetly buy it  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:27 pm
hope its still for the wii, but chances r no  

dragwarrior

SwiftKronos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:36 pm
They will definitely make a new SSB but most likely not for Wii or DS, considering that all the SSB's have been for the next gen system so they will most likely launch the game for the next system to add more attacks with possibly 1 or 2 more buttons.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:42 am
they would never make an SSB game for a hand held system  

dragwarrior

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:59 pm
Beatdown sounds like an interesting title for a Super Smash Bros. game, but I was thinking Super Smash Bros: Battle Royale. If someone else did decide to pick up the SSB franchise, they could combine characters from all 3 systems into one awesome end all game. Adding a character creation option would be cool too. A handheld version would be interesting, but even a DS or a PSP one would be scaled down a bit too much, as far as I know.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:25 am
u think it would be good if they lets u move around instead of go from left to right i do  

RaveSlave3000

Lycanthrop

3,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:27 pm
dragwarrior
they would never make an SSB game for a hand held system

hey.
th DS has almost every control as the gamecube controller.
why not just adapt for that?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:20 pm
i dont know i cant really see super smash bros on the ds  

dragwarrior

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:57 pm
It would be a good idea. If Square Enix can put a Kingdom Hearts game on the DS, wouldn't it be possible for a SSB game to be put on the DS? Sure, it wouldn't be as epic as Brawl, but everything has to start somewhere, right?  
Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff