Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
somthing i noticed about the text in LOZ games.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

split timeline?
  yes
  no
View Results

gr33n is not your enemy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:56 pm
somthing i noticed is that from OOT to WW the text is the same and it can be translated to japanese words.
but in TP the text is difrent and is translated to english words instead of japanese (i know cause i spent about 3 houres tracking down the hylian alphabet hidden in chunks throught the game, useing a wall in the temple of time as my roseta stone lol)
so why the change? why suddenly did a japanese game with made up writing that translates to japanese suddenly change to a nother made up writing that translates to english. (though the WW text does apear in TP in the kakariko grave yard)
could this be a hidden way to diferentate timelines? (yes miyamoto and the director guy (i always forget the drector's name so i will call him Z-director for now) have both confirmed that there is a split timeline. actualy a long time ago, wich is why im suprized that there is still a debate raging about that.)
so what are your thoughts on this?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:18 pm
"LOZ"

is that lord of the rings? i looved those movies surprised  

tehdrummer

gr33n is not your enemy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:17 pm
Legend Of Zelda  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:53 pm
tehdrummer
"LOZ"

is that lord of the rings? i looved those movies surprised

*head smack*

Who knows it could be one of those mystery's that go unsolved like why hot dogs come in packs of 10 and buns come in packs of 8.

Or like why would someone spend hours looking at something very trivial just to get an answer that will probably just be "I dunno" or "cause they felt like it"

*EDIT* Head smack goes to quoted post not thread topic, I personally think hidden messages are just fantastic, but I don't like figuring them out.  

Muleferdan

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff